AWA using 3 concourses at night

coolflyingfool

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I fly in to LAS on AWA and arrive in the C gates which is all SWA except for our plane, and then I am told I have to go the B gates for my connection flight. This means I get to go through the Taking Away Scissors line again and take off my shoes, belt, and jacket again. I then found out that AWA uses the A, B, and C gates on their flights at night. Is this even close to being productive? This is certainly not customer friendly and I will not be flying AWA again for a while, partly due to my schedule, and partly due to the fact I don''t want to have to walk about a mile to make my connection flight, and partly because I don''t want to spend 1 hour of my night going through the TSA checkpoints(originating and connecting).

We've had a major part of our ramp in LAS being redone in concrete. As a major portion of the ramp is torn up, we lose quite a number of gates which is why we utilize the C gates. The A and B gates are not far apart at all, so that shouldn't be a problem. As soon as our ramp is completed, we will no longer use the c gates.