Behold........The first AA A319

How is it possible to go from having one of the most iconic and classy logos to the ugliest airplane paint job on the planet?

Fork over a bunch of money to a design firm to crap out something that is simultaneously bland and garish. As far as liveries go this one's a lot more fun to talk about than it is to look at.

Reactions: 1 person
i dont know about that josh i think our current color scheme is one of the best ones weve had in yrs i still like the white top two tone red scheme we had in the 80s ive always liked the aa scheme they had til they came out with the pepsi on a greyhound bus scheme

Much better than anything from USAIR!

Josh

Wrong again, as usual Joshie. The current US livery puts the new AA livery to shame. I will venture to say that the current US livery is one of the better ones out there, and they didn't pay some bonehead marketing company millions to develop it. Maybe they were linked to your financial band of thieves....

NO SOUP FOR YOU AGAIN.....

Reactions: 3 people
Wrong again, as usual Joshie. The current US livery puts the new AA livery to shame. I will venture to say that the current US livery is one of the better ones out there, and they didn't pay some bonehead marketing company millions to develop it. Maybe they were linked to your financial band of thieves....

NO SOUP FOR YOU AGAIN.....

ANY livery puts AA's to shame.

Good thing it is only paint.

... ... ...The current US livery puts the new AA livery to shame. I will venture to say that the current US livery is one of the better ones out there, ... ... ...
Nah! The US Air to US Airways livery (& transformation) c/o Stephen Wolf was classy. Current US livery is nothing special, but the new AA livery is horrible. I can't believe somebody was paid to 'design' it. Worse, I can't believe AA thought it was acceptable. A 10 year old with a couple crayons could come up with something nicer on a back of an envelope.

Maybe it just needs some context:

stylin2_zps053ec13f.jpg

Is it true airbus planes cannot be polished aluminum?

Yes, it is true. Airbus does not use Alclad for the skin of its aircraft, so it must be painted to avoid the corrosive effects of the environment. Another reason they probably must use paint is that they use a lot of composites in the structure, many of which would be visible, and these are not even metallic. So those portions would need paint anyway. The airplane would end up looking like a quilt.

I also agree about your estimation of the "customer service issue," vis a vis AA and US. Could be seriously bad news.

FWIW, the Stephen Wolf US "blue" livery was my favorite. However, the dark blue doesn't hold up against the weather and jetways -- it fades rapidly and the paint noticeably wears off around the 1L door. I think the current "best" livery out there among the US carriers is DL -- it's clean, modern and the tail looks classy without looking cartoonish or amateurish.

3 pages on paint? You guys are ate up. Who TF gives a F.. you could paint the POS pink for all I care. Its a nasty dirty airplane, peanuts in seat tracks, skydrol, smelly fuel, sewer system and crappers. Get over it!!!

Reactions: 2 people
FWIW, the Stephen Wolf US "blue" livery was my favorite. However, the dark blue doesn't hold up against the weather and jetways -- it fades rapidly and the paint noticeably wears off around the 1L door. I think the current "best" livery out there among the US carriers is DL -- it's clean, modern and the tail looks classy without looking cartoonish or amateurish.
I'm going to disagree with you about the DL livery. The tail is decent, but the rest is as bland as it gets. The white shows dirt like crazy, and just about every DL AC that I have seen looks filthy, especially the MD series.
The current UA livery is decent, and much better than anything they have had in years. It wasn't very creative of them using the CO livery and just changing the name, but its got a clean crisp look to it.

3 pages on paint? You guys are ate up. Who TF gives a F.. you could paint the POS pink for all I care. Its a nasty dirty airplane, peanuts in seat tracks, skydrol, smelly fuel, sewer system and crappers. Get over it!!!
Maybe it will reach 5, or 6 pages...
Who cares, if you don't like it, don't read it. I skip over many other topics that I have no interest in.

I'm going to disagree with you about the DL livery. The tail is decent, but the rest is as bland as it gets. The white shows dirt like crazy, and just about every DL AC that I have seen looks filthy, especially the MD series.
The current UA livery is decent, and much better than anything they have had in years. It wasn't very creative of them using the CO livery and just changing the name, but its got a clean crisp look to it.
Fair enough. I guess my personal taste is "simple" but with clean accents and straight lines, which is what DL has. Also, almost all planes with rear mounted engines tend to look dirty.