Rumor about US at anet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over at airliners.net, a rumor (unsourced at that) that US is filing BK today.
Like I said, whatever it'a s worth. In this case, not much.
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/g...d.main/4522532/
WAIT... WAIT...What are you telling me? Did not Americaworst (or west whatever they were) save USAirways? I don't understand!!! I thought they knew what they were doing.... Are you telling me that the merger may have been flawed, that choosing Shares over Sabre might have been a mistake, distributing a handbook on "code of ethics" after the CEO got stopped for "DUI" may have been mistiming.. I'm confused, I don't know what to think, who to trust. I need a gin and tonic, ahhh , forget the tonic....I need a vacation..

I don't think a Ch 11 filing this year is out of the question, but I don't think it will happen (if at all) until October or November. And it certainly ain't happening today.

Found the source:

A Google News search of "US Airways" just brought up this press release from today:

US AIRWAYS Bankruptcy News, Issue No. 179
BCSI reports on latest events arising in the chapter 11 cases commenced by Material Services Co Inc, PSA Airlines Inc, Piedmont Airlines Inc, US Airways Group Inc and US Airways Inc.
(EMAILWIRE.COM, August 18, 2009 ) FAIRLESS HILLS, Pa. -- Aug. 18, 2009 -- Bankruptcy Creditors' Service, Inc., published Issue No. 179 of US AIRWAYS BANKRUPTCY NEWS today. The 14-page newsletter contains stories with these headlines:

[02808] US AIRWAYS ENTERS INTO A MUTUAL APA AGREEMENT WITH DELTA
[02809] CIVIL PROCEEDING -- B. Mitchell, et al., vs USAir, et al.
[02810] US AIRWAYS GROUP, INC. REPORTS JULY TRAFFIC RESULTS
[02811] US AIRWAYS AND ANA ESTABLISH NEW CODESHARE AGREEMENT
[02812] USAIR ANNOUNCES NONSTOP SERVICE TO MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA
[02813] USAPA SUPPORTS HOUSE BILL ON AVIATION SAFETY
[02814] US AIRWAYS SEEKS DAYTONA BEACH AGRREMENT EXTENSION

A copy of today's newsletter can be purchased on-line with a major credit card at https://ecommerce.bankrupt.com/bin/ibl_re?co_name=US|AIRWAYS for $45. Copies of all back issues are also available for purchase at BCSI's on-line newsstand.

US AIRWAYS BANKRUPTCY NEWS tracks the restructuring of Material Services Co Inc, PSA Airlines Inc, Piedmont Airlines Inc, US Airways Group Inc and US Airways Inc.

http://www.emailwire.com/release/26127-US-...sue-No-179.html

Dunno why there's a newsletter with that title or who would pay them $45 for a subscription, but I'll bet the rumour mill went into overdrive when this press release came out.

Dunno why there's a newsletter with that title or who would pay them $45 for a subscription
US may still be tying up loose ends from BK2 - this newsletter has been published since at least shortly after BK2 was filed (it may have been published since BK1). I once looked at their site and they have newsletters on multiple larger bankruptcies.

FWIW, the latest BK court filing from the site that had all the filings was dated 11-7-2007. That's when Donlin, Recano, and Co stopped updating the site since US had stopped paying them a year earlier. One of the last items there concerns scheduling a hearing on a disagreement for the April 2008 Omnibus hearing.

Jim

Yep, just like UAL had supposedly "filed bankruptcy" last year. Turns out some genius found an article from several years prior and decided it was the day's breaking news. Honestly some people should be barred from the internet for life!

Status
Not open for further replies.