Beware of Partnership Flying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you are thinking of PT where one held A schedule and one held B schedule...
This is the first time it has actually been implemented...we had part time back then and it was eliminated with the restructuring agreement...totally different animal.

No, I am not thinking of part time flying. Part time flying was eliminated with the RPA. Partnership flying was offered as early as 2003 and there were some f/as at DFW who did it because their part-time lines had been eliminated in the RPA.

This is not the first time it has been offered or implemented. You have to remember that with each successive administration at the APFA, if they didn't do it, it didn't happen. Unless it's something they want to blame on a previous administration.

Maybe you are thinking of PT where one held A schedule and one held B schedule...
Could be. I recall the senior person bid and the two had to decide who flew which trips by a certain time. I also seem to recall it happened in conjunction with one of the furloughs leading up to big one on 7/2/03.

Now that I think about it, could it have been the months of May and June of 2003? The concessionary contract had been ratified and the big furlough hadn't happened yet.

MK

Mark, did we not bid at TWA to fly odd or even months? One month on and one month off as I recall. I really don't remember. All I know is we saved jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.