Bid Results for recalls...

Crzipilot

Veteran
Mar 23, 2004
For those curious, the perm. bid got published and these are the open vacancies for the July Bid....

737 PIT 1
319 CLT 2
737 CLT 3
319 DCA 16
737 DCA 12
330 PHL 15
76I PHL 15
76D PHL 19
737 PHL 28
319 PHL 54
190 PHL 21
319 LGA 21
319 BOS 9

For those curious, the perm. bid got published and these are the open vacancies for the July Bid....

Also of interest... 2 former MDA pilots were awarded E-190 Captain slots. These pilots were on furlough not long ago...

737 PIT 1
319 CLT 2
737 CLT 3
319 DCA 16
737 DCA 12
330 PHL 15
76I PHL 15
76D PHL 19
737 PHL 28
319 PHL 54
190 PHL 21
319 LGA 21
319 BOS 9

Not a pilot here.
Are those the number of pilots that will be recalled?
Not sure how the bid works.

Not a pilot here.
Are those the number of pilots that will be recalled?
Not sure how the bid works.

In a sense ya. Basically it shows that as of July 1st. they should have X amount of positions filled for each base/airframe. When the bid results come out, they have numbers with no names. Hence, they don't have a body to fill that position. So that position will be filled by someone coming off of the street. It gets a little convuluted, because the bid that was effective for May 1st, well they haven't gotten all the recalls in class and on the line for that bid, so there's still some vacancies in there from the May bid I assume. But with the recalls that have been anounced, that sould fill all the positions. From the looks of it, either they have some training float built into it, or they will be severly short for the summer, as the last class for the May 1st, recalls doesn't start until June 7th. Think they have been doing 2-3 classes a month at 20/class....so those that will be called for the July 1st. bid, have a good chance of not seeing class until a good time after that.

Looking at DCA 737 F/Os in July, it appears that there are not enough F/Os to cover any reserve positons, after secondary line awards...yep, severly short for the Summer.

We all (pilots) knew this has been comming, just like the agents knew the Shares meltdown was comming. LCC mismanagement again.

And to top that off, there's 60+ of us I think , that are being held at PSA, granted those positions I guess are being filled with those Jr. As there's prob. an equal amount being held at republic, but I've seen 1 or 2 of those get released. At PSA they have told us, they will keep us the maximum of 90 days. They have individuals that were able to hold 767I and are gettting paid 767I rates, to fly a 50 seat RJ.....And they say they can't raise the pay rates...HA.....

The problem at the regionals, is basically they can't get people into class, or through class. PSA just reduced it's minimum requirements to simply a Commercial Instrument Multi-Engine rating. So basically you can have 250-300 hours and get hired.

I believe the mgmt here, figured that ML would foot the pay difference (not sure who's pocket it's coming out of) and it would still be a savings to them, as they can delay upgrading 5 and 4 yr. f/o's (which are a step or two above us J4J's) But I gotta think someone's *SS is chaped at paying 767I rates to a 50 seat rj driver. Oh and with this new bid....there's a chance they will be paying A330 f/o rates for a 50 seat driver...that'll be nice.

Looking at DCA 737 F/Os in July, it appears that there are not enough F/Os to cover any reserve positons, after secondary line awards...yep, severly short for the Summer.

We all (pilots) knew this has been comming, just like the agents knew the Shares meltdown was comming. LCC mismanagement again.
And... nobody is answering their telephone anymore for the 2 am POTA. They are subbing equipment where they have staffing. JDYJ is having an effect!

That's good the hear, think everyone needs an extra day or two off a month, with the way schedules have been going the past few years, along with the stress etc etc.....

meanwhile, mgmt, is staying up partying till all hours of the night...etc etc etc

Is the IRO position now considered the same as the F/O? It used to be bid separately. If it's the same, I would assume the open positions on the 330 would be the "dozing for dollars"seat.
The IROs I flew with got a lot of reading done.

Back