Pilot Bid 06-02 (May/June)

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
This is primarily for any of the APL pilots out there that are looking at the possibility of recall.

For the folks being recalled, here's the vacancies that are available for them to choose from (in seniority order, naturally):

4 DCA 319 F/O
19 PHL 75/6D F/O
3 PHL 737 F/O
12 LGA 319 F/O
16 BOS 319 F/O [edit a typo to change 310 to 319]

That comes up to 54 total recalls. I haven't got a final number for those returning from EVLA, but it appears not many - only one as of Monday afternoon.

Jim

This is primarily for any of the APL pilots out there that are looking at the possibility of recall.

For the folks being recalled, here's the vacancies that are available for them to choose from (in seniority order, naturally):

4 DCA 319 F/O
19 PHL 75/6D F/O
3 PHL 737 F/O
12 LGA 319 F/O
16 BOS 310 F/O

That comes up to 54 total recalls. I haven't got a final number for those returning from EVLA, but it appears not many - only one as of Monday afternoon.

Jim

Thank you. Although I'm a long way from recall... This site is the only source of info (other than the code-a-phone) for many of us cut off from the alpa site.

Thank you. Although I'm a long way from recall... This site is the only source of info (other than the code-a-phone) for many of us cut off from the alpa site.

I'm wondering how far down the list the recalls may go? Many have found jobs and it's been over 5 years since the first bunch got furloughed. 50+ recalls aren't that many, but it's a start.

We actually have "only" about 1500 on furlough - including those flying the 170 and in J4J positions. I would expect that all those on the 170 and in J4J positions would come back, unless they retire or find greener pastures first. I don't have a good number for that group - the code-a-phone says about 400.

Of the remaining 1100 or so, probably about half at most will come back, based on the experience in the late 90's recall.

Of course, how long it takes to get to the bottom of the list will have a big effect. The longer it takes, the greater the attrition.

Jim

The furlough list has been subject to attrition too....

Mostly retirements and resignations, but unfortunately a few deaths.

Actually, I just got the seniority list from this bid - 1542 on furlough, down from 1555 on the Dec 05 bid.

Keep in mind that neither of those figures include the CEL pilots.

Jim

Only 1500? Really?

I would guess in the range of 800-900 will come back. It's just hard to tell which portion of the seniority list will have the least amount of "yes" to the recall. Or if it will just be an even distribution of "no's". I know guys with hire dates from 89 to 2000 that say they will not come back due to better jobs. ie. Southwest, UPS, Fedex, etc...

Who know's, but it will be interesting to see what the hire date is of the junior man at U in a couple of months.

My two cents is that more will return than in past recalls simply because of the wretched state of the industry. And that cuts both ways because if this merger works, and I think it's looking good, but if the merger works then the new U will be one of the top airlines after the shake-out which is at hand. New U could see a lot of growth once the competition starts consolidating and removing capacity and I would not be surprised to see off the street hiring in three years. There is only one possibility for this airline and it has to be a stunning success. Otherwise, it will be doomed because it just can't survive as a go-along-status quo operation.

What are "APL" and "CEL" acronyms for?

Thanks in advance.

Affected Pilots List - the folks that were furloughed from mainline.

(I think) Combined Eligibility List - the folks that moved from the wholly-owned (PSA, PDT, and - before it merged with PDT - ALG) to MDA.

Jim

4 DCA 319 F/O
19 PHL 75/6D F/O
3 PHL 737 F/O
12 LGA 319 F/O
16 BOS 319 F/O [edit a typo to change 310 to 319]

Jim

Jim,

What about the pilots in PIT? Are there no overages? Don't the pilots in PIT have the opportunity to transfer into these bases before a recall or has that happened already?

Just my opinion...anyone left in PIT is "hunkerd down" for the duration of the base..no leaving until the last slot is closed. Pilots only...I have no feeling as to F/A's (it is sad that over 20 years puts a F/A on reserve in PIT..but it beats commuting to that hell hole PHL!) Hope you are enjoying the finer things in life, your friend, Mark.