Blocked Vote On Offer Angers Some

Well, well, well, do you want me to send over my used newspaper tomorrow so you can have another 'clipping' for your scrapbook? If not, I'll line my cat pan with it.

From the Post-Gazette:

"....Airline bulletin boards on the Internet yesterday included postings from some pilots who hailed what the four had done in not allowing a rank-and-file vote. Some praised them for having the gumption to stand up to the company's "take it or leave it" proposal, claiming the pilots had already given enough.

But Capt. Chip Munn, 49, of Cranberry, who has been based at New York LaGuardia's Airport for three years after 17 years in Pittsburgh, called the actions "morally wrong" and a "dictator approach."

"We had a bad feeling about what they were going to do, but we thought they would push it as far as they could to the ledge without falling off," Munn said. "They're denying over 3,000 pilots the right to decide their future."

He and other pilots upset over the 12-member US Airways Master Executive Council vote also complained that Freshwater and Von Bargen have a conflict of interest. The pair are among a group of about five dozen pilots who have a suit pending against Air Line Pilots Association for not allowing the membership to vote several years ago on a decrease in the pilots' defined benefit plan."

Boy that Capt. Munn is sure a Benedict Arnold.

"We had a bad feeling about what they would do"?

WE? Just how many pilots are there in the LGA Base...15?

I can't believe this pilot would say that the 4 reps are not representing the membership. THEY ARE THE MAJORITY AND WERE ELECTED THIS YEAR BY THE MAJORITY.

Un-freggin-believable...A-GAIN!

EyeInTheSky said:
But Capt. Chip Munn, 49, of Cranberry, who has been based at New York LaGuardia's Airport for three years after 17 years in Pittsburgh, called the actions "morally wrong" and a "dictator approach."
Who's he? :rolleyes:

What ALPA office does he hold? :blink:

Does ALPA now have a judge of all that is moral? :shock:

The RC4 does not represent the views of the majority of the rank-and-file, which will be proven.

Furthermore, at yesterday’s MEC meeting F/O Rep John Brookman made a point of information that the MEC could not send out a company proposal for the membership to vote on. Then MEC Chairman Bill Pollock asked both ALPA legal advisor’s if that was true and the advisor’s reminded the MEC that just last December a resolution was passed permitting such action. Pollock then ruled against Brookman’s point.

Then tonight Brookman told Pittsburgh News Station WPXI Channel 11 reporter Andy Gastmeyer that he did not know that they needed a TA.

Sounds like the Texas two-step to me.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

P.S. You do not need to hold an ALPA office to be an ALPA participant, whether at a meeting or otherwise.

USA320Pilot said:
P.S. You do not need to hold an ALPA office to be an ALPA participant, whether at a meeting or otherwise.
But shouldn't someone so presumptuous as to label people as "immoral" and "dictators" be running for the office?

Oh wait, he did, and wasn't he rejected?

Hell hath no fury like a scorned wanna-be. Perhaps the pilot quoted has an agenda. Maybe he's just pouting.

What do you think, a320? :shock:

"Blocked Vote On Offer Angers Some, US Airways pilots"

No doubt.

It angers some....but not most, it seems.

From the article linked at the top of this thread....

"Their [those wanting a vote] view is that the proposal would have passed membership scrutiny, even though it included deep pay and other cuts, because it included the securing of jurisdiction, seniority and other major contractual protections even if US Airways goes into bankruptcy -- an option the company has indicated it will take."

This quote just shows which side has their "head in the sand". Either these pilots haven't read the company offers or refuse to believe what's in them. There is no provisions that "include the securing of jurisdiction, seniority and other major contractual protections even if US Airways goes into bankruptcy", only a nod in that direction that has no meaning once in BK.

Jim

I think that guy Capt. Munn, that’s based in that small base LGA , knows that his flying career is probably over if anything were to happen to US Airways. He has made himself rather infamous at his airline, and seems to be universally disliked by every employee group, particularly the pilots, including some at other airlines too, where many US Airways furloughed and other pilots that have resigned, have gone.

It’s widely accepted that most flying jobs these days, especially the good ones, require good letters of recommendation in order to have a chance of getting an interview, let alone the job itself. I don't think there would be anyone that visits this web site that would be willing to write one for Mr. Munn, or any of the furloughed or other pilots that have resigned to go to other airlines, that would either. In fact they'd probably want to write letters of non-recommendation about such a divisive individual.

So that's why he seems so fearful, resentful, and panic stricken. I'm sure there are former US Airways furloughed and other pilots that have resigned, that have gone to some foreign airlines too, so that might not be a good option for him either. Pity. Maybe he has a military pension or something that can tide him over.

supercruiser

USA320Pilot said:
The RC4 does not represent the views of the majority of the rank-and-file, which will be proven.
[post="176940"][/post]​

Wait, you mean like when the previous PIT reps were recalled?

Or the PHL recall of that half of the RC2 failed miserably?

Waiting.

This managament has shown what they are trying to do. We have stopped that from happening. What happens in C11 is going to happen one way or another.

If they want an agreement they could have it in a heartbeat. But they don't. Or you would see one appear today. What they want is the posture to do what the last offer says and as Jim points out it offers nothing for us inside or outside of court.

They see an opportunity and they are about to pounce on it. They thought they could get away with it outside of court which lessens their risk of losing control. But we did not allow that to occur. Thanks to PHL and PIT.

If they believe the risk of losing control is high you will see them come to an agreement with the pilots. If not, they will roll the dice and hope they can maintain control while alter egoing the crap out of this company inside the court.

That's the plan IMO. And the only good thing about it is a certain poster will become what he has always been. A career F/O masquerading as a Captain.

mr

I heard Benedict Arnold's yard was a mess today. Something about toilet paper and leaves, what mess in this rain. I feel for his old lady.

Latest posts