Boeing Boy

Art at ISP said:
Some of you may remember our friend Boeing Boy, a retired 737 captain at US Airways. I just received a phone call from him informing me that he had a bad motorcycle accident a few weeks ago, and is still in the hospital. 

He sustained some serious injuries, which he will be dealing with for the rest of his life. He asked me to let some of his online friends know.
Those who know him or who worked with him over the years may feel free to PM me for further information.

I know we all wish him the best, and despite any disagreements you might have had with him here, hope he makes a full recovery.

Thanks.

I think he's a consummate jackazz, but he's also a former fellow pilot/coworker and respectable human being. He flew many, many thousands of passengers safely to their destinations and never scratched an airplane. He has the questionable benefit of my prayers (not likely being on God's speed dial list myself) and, as even one ancient, recalcitrant pilot to another; my honest and earnest best wishes for as much of a hopefully full recovery as the Lord will allow him, and that asap. I'll suggest that any inclined towards the practice of prayer could do worse than take a minute to offer up some on his behalf....can't hurt.

Reactions: 11 people
To echo what Harry said, I spoke to Jim this morning. He hopes to be in rehab within the next few days, and thinks that will be about six weeks. He does face more surgeries however the timing if that is not clear.

Harry and I will keep you posted, but I want to stress that Jim is aware of and greatly appreciates your kind wishes and prayers.

Thank you all!

Reactions: 2 people
flyer63 said:
I will keep my mouth shut... Best for all
The guy has serious injuries. Why do you feel it's necessary to say anything? Probably good advice before you say something stupid and they shut your trap for you.

Reactions: 7 people
CactusPilot1 said:
The guy has serious injuries. Why do you feel it's necessary to say anything? Probably good advice before you say something stupid and they shut your trap for you.
He took pride in being controversial. I think he would be pleased to know someone remembers...

PROOF!!

Reactions: 3 people