Boeing cutting 2000 HR and Finance jobs.

The AMT’s wanted that work transferred over to them to keep more of their members on the property over you. Even if it was us who voted in that LOA it was an AMT who signed that deal with AA transferring the work.
What does that have to do with a paid representative selling his "brothers" out?

And you being angry 😡 doesn’t change the fact that when I looked just last week Sam Cirri is still on the manning for FMT.
That's OK. They know what he is.

A weasel.

What does that have to do with a paid representative selling his "brothers" out?

That's OK. They know what he is.

A weasel.

Because that guy didn’t care about you. He didn’t consider you his Brother. Protecting the people he did consider to be his Brothers was more important and you and yours were sacrificed for them. And BTW during the TWU coup that happened after, that AMT was tossed back to the field. No consolation to you I’m sure since he wasn’t completely ruined.

He’s still with the Airline and so is Cirri. Both names still show up in the Employee directory. And both will retire from the Airline some day. That’s just the facts. I’m just giving you the facts.

On another note these are the wages for OSM. The people who were given the work you formerly performed. They go up to a TOS BASE rate of $36.35 in April.

02B3146B-F9F2-4871-93D4-2D2437F99E46.jpeg

Because that guy didn’t care about you. He didn’t consider you his Brother. Protecting the people he did consider to be his Brothers was more important and you and yours were sacrificed for them. And BTW during the TWU coup that happened after, that AMT was tossed back to the field. No consolation to you I’m sure since he wasn’t completely ruined.

He’s still with the Airline and so is Cirri. Both names still show up in the Employee directory. And both will retire from the Airline some day. That’s just the facts. I’m just giving you the facts.

On another note these are the wages for OSM. The people who were given the work you formerly performed. They go up to a TOS BASE rate of $36.35 in April.

View attachment 17293
Thanks for the info.

$75,608.00 a year. Not bad.

Does insourced cabin service still exist anymore? That's essentially what TULE jobs were - the equivalent of overnight cabin service at the hubs.

Does insourced cabin service still exist anymore? That's essentially what TULE jobs were - the equivalent of overnight cabin service at the hubs.

It’s all been outsourced in Fleet Service.

Thanks for the info.

A big reason I’m sure that the Company would have wanted to shift that work over to OSM would have been streamlining. OSM could perform more functions than the group you worked with so you reduce the need to have two separate groups inside the Aircraft.

Kind of along the lines as an example when Hostess wanted IBT represented delivery drivers to be able to deliver both Bread and Pastry products in the same Truck where before their Bankruptcy they had separate drivers showing up to deliver those goods.

2CCC6E2D-3E80-44B9-84EE-9DAF2BC93BF6.jpeg

Every person in that shop who paid dues was a victim of the TWU. Except the 2 UNION officers...... naturally.

Question:

No I don’t know all your details so why I am asking.

You say that it was “only” those 2 Union officials who remained with the Airline when your groups work was transferred to OSM. Do you know for a fact that everyone else went to the street? Did others have options to remain or be recalled to another Station continuing as part of the Fleet Service workgroup?

Do you know if those 2 Union officials had the qualifications to shift over to the M&R Group? I have to assume with the extra work being given to OSM they would have needed a few more workers?

You always write about skills. If those two officers had the skills and passed any qualifying tests I think it would stand to reason that they could continue their employment at AA in a different capacity (function)

They were also voted in to represent “all” of TWU Local 514 so in that capacity they would have continued until they were voted out by that membership in the next elections. That also may have provided them the time (And ability) to prepare to move into the OSM or FMT Group?

“ATD Honors the outgoing Presidents​

January 15, 2014​

Sean Doyle, Sam Cirri and Dave Virella
We along with the TWU Intl would like to thank Sam for all of his dedicated service and hard work. Local 514 has been blessed with great leadership and Sam was no exception. Sam served as President at time of much turmoil and controversy. He had to make some very tough decisions and did so to benefit the membership of this great local.
He had been present and participated in over 8 years of negotiations with American Airlines on our behalf. Sam is now working in Facilities Maintenance here in Tulsa.
Thank You Sam, for all you have done.
Local 514 Leadership”

Last edited:
Thinking 🤔 here that yes judging the book by it’s cover from this picture of Sam Cirri he’s not a young man and there’s a good chance that he already had qualifications to pass an FMT test. Also probably the reason that the AMT’s voted for him in the first place. Irregardless though looking at the timelines he likely would have had enough time to bone up to pass any tests.

Letter from Sam Cirri, President TWU 514​

September 12, 2012​

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Today Judge Lane made his decision to place AA’s restructuring Final Last Best Offer as our Current Bargaining agreement. Since November 2011, we have all been living and working under some very stressful conditions. Today will be the Date of Signing. Any raises will be effective as of September 12, 2012.
I want to take this time to thank all of you who have been staying informed and passing on accurate information throughout our membership.
American Airlines had published incorrect numbers related to the up and coming RIF. We are working to get these back to what was agreed to in negotiations that lead up to the LBFO.
I am sure we will be challenged daily by all the restructuring changes. Remember, AA believes there will be a value to all that will be implemented. You need to stay involved and be sure to stay in communication with your shop stewards.
There will be many of our brothers and sisters leaving or changing positions. We need to stay focused. Most of these members will be forced to decide which way they will go and many will not have any part in making that decision. Please support them in all situations. If you see a need where we can help, be sure to notify your shop steward.
Committees have been formed to deal with the contractual changes which go into effect after base closure.
As always, keep an eye on the TWU514.org website for any updates. Call the hall and have them add your phone to our texting list and give them your email address to be added to our news list.
We post on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/twu514and Twitter: http://twitter.com/twulocal514

Sam Cirri
TWU Local 514 President”

41383FDD-CA59-4506-84A4-B34F23E5C957.jpeg

Thanks for the info.

Here’s some more interesting information. There were 14 people in your group who transferred to Title 2. So if you had 100 people that’s 14% of that group. So it wasn’t just the two Union officials after all.

On top of that it was the Bankruptcy Judge Sean Lane who imposed the terms on both AMT’s and Stores when they voted no (2 out of 7 groups) It also sounds like from reading that the rest of your group were offered options although it’s likely those options wouldn’t have been very good with others in Fleet across the system facing their own cuts. (Displacement/Bumping/Filing of vacancies)

I’m filing in a lot of blanks with some simple Google searches (Sam Cirri TWU Local 514)

48E0ABE4-3794-4D78-A4CF-C6BB2A20A0D5.jpegAA1EEC7D-9888-48B4-ACE6-B0887FF404CA.png

American Airlines to lay off 443​

By: D. Ray Tuttle The Journal RecordOctober 5, 2012

TULSA – American Airlines will lay off 300 mechanics and 143 fleet service clerks beginning this month, said Sam Cirri, president of Transport Workers Union Local 514 in Tulsa, on Friday.
“We want everybody to know that the Transport Workers Union did what we could to reduce the numbers,” Cirri said. “We wanted to make sure American maintained a presence in Tulsa.”
AMR Corp., the parent company of American Airlines, filed for bankruptcy on Nov. 29. Then, in February, the airline announced that it needed to save $1.1 billion in labor costs and would slash 2,700 jobs from its Maintenance and Engineering Base at Tulsa International Airport.
The total number of layoffs, 443, is a far cry from the 2,700 employees American Airlines said it would lay off this year as the company battled through bankruptcy. AMR executives originally demanded 8,650 systemwide job cuts.
“The concern with bankruptcy was that American would be looking at closing the doors in Tulsa,” Cirri said. “We wanted to do everything we could to make sure the doors stayed open – because once they closed, they would never open again.”
Local 514 negotiators began to whittle away at the number of layoffs. After lengthy discussions and bargaining by TWU 514, the number of mechanics and related workers who might be laid off in the company’s restructuring was reduced to 1,300.
“Then the early outs and people who have left since January brought that down to the 443 total,” Cirri said. “We will do what we can to help these folks find other work.”
Now, about 300 mechanics could move into other positions, leaving 143 workers who will have to relocate or hit the streets looking for new work. Cirri said he was unclear of the numbers because Tulsa workers will be competing with TWU members across the country for 283 open slots. Any worker taking one of those positions, however, will have to take a $5-an-hour pay cut.
Fleet service clerks will begin getting notices this month. The 300 mechanics will be alerted in two rounds beginning on Oct. 22 and the second round on Nov. 13. Their last day will be Nov. 19.
The reduction in layoffs was achieved by Local 514 officials correcting the company’s plans after calculating the effects of the early retirements, Cirri said, in accordance with an agreement reached in bankruptcy.
“We hate to experience even one layoff because we know that impacts one of our members and their family,” Cirri said. “But the company originally sought to put over 2,700 of our members on the street, as well as outsource the bulk of the work we perform, as part of the plan it presented to the bankruptcy court.”
Cirri said reasons TWU 514 was able to reduce the number of layoffs in Tulsa include the following:
• Contractual provisions requiring that 65 percent of AA aircraft maintenance be performed in-house.
• Early-out retirement opportunities offered through the consensual agreement reached in bankruptcy.
• Persuading the company to recalculate layoffs based on the bargaining history of the consensual agreement.
• Developing acceptable proposals to keep more work in-house.
Last summer, when American Airlines filed a motion in bankruptcy court to abrogate its contract with TWU, it sought to replicate agreements reached by other carriers in bankruptcy, in which the sort of heavy overhaul work performed in Tulsa was either outsourced or reduced, Cirri said.
If the plans had been implemented, a much larger portion of American’s maintenance would have been outsourced, resulting in the layoff of 2,700 TWU members in Tulsa.
The Tulsa community is left in good shape, Cirri said.
“Local 514 still has a lot of work to do to help these folks get through these layoffs,” Cirri said. “Whether they relocate or hit the street, we will be there for them.”
In Tulsa, about 600 mechanics and related employees and about 60 facility maintenance workers signed up for early retirement. Facility maintenance workers care for the facility in non-aircraft jobs. Sixty stores and clerks workers signed up, according to the Local 514 website. Members of TWU taking early retirement could walk away with as much as a $39,000 severance deal.

I disagree with that statement.

Overnight cleaning was basically wiping the aircraft down, vacuuming, restocking, and straightening/replacing the literature.

In fleet service we did a deep clean of the aircraft. Scrubbed the bins, scrubbed the floors in the galley, cleaned out trash chutes, cleaned the air vents behind the side walls in the 757, deep cleaned the ovens, and we completely destocked/restocked the aircraft. We also changed entire shipsets of rugs and upholstery, even in the cockpit. It was far more involved than what they do during overnight cleaning.

We also dumped the lavs and defueled/refueled the aircraft, even at the airport.

A big reason I’m sure that the Company would have wanted to shift that work over to OSM would have been streamlining. OSM could perform more functions than the group you worked with so you reduce the need to have two separate groups inside the Aircraft.

Kind of along the lines as an example when Hostess wanted IBT represented delivery drivers to be able to deliver both Bread and Pastry products in the same Truck where before their Bankruptcy they had separate drivers showing up to deliver those goods.

View attachment 17297
I can understand the company wanting that.

I can't understand a UNION officer encouraging his peers to vote for that, especially a TUL/TULE Fleet Service Clerk.

You say that it was “only” those 2 Union officials who remained with the Airline when your groups work was transferred to OSM. Do you know for a fact that everyone else went to the street? Did others have options to remain or be recalled to another Station continuing as part of the Fleet Service workgroup?
I didn't say they were the only two to remain with the airline. I said they were the only 2 that
a)didn't hit Mingo (what we call getting laid off or fired)
b)didn't have to bump/transfer to another station
c)remained local and employed until their transfer was pushed through.

Yes the others had the option to put in a local transfer to another title group or bump/transfer to another station as Title 3.

Do you know if those 2 Union officials had the qualifications to shift over to the M&R Group? I have to assume with the extra work being given to OSM they would have needed a few more workers?
I have no first hand information.

What I have heard is that Tiller had occupational experience as a commercial painter.

Cirri had a background as an electronics tech in the military. That one I find shady. Cirri was employed at American Airlines for at least 20+ years at the time. How much knowledge did he lose in 20+ years? Not to mention the vast changes in electronics in 20+ years.

I mean 20+ years WeAAsles..... can you honestly say you could go do a technical job after being out of the game for 20+ years? Seriously...... 20+ years?

I can honestly say if I stepped away from computer networking (my occupation) for 20+ years I would be lost coming back. It's vastly changed only in the 10 years I have been doing it.

You always write about skills. If those two officers had the skills and passed any qualifying tests I think it would stand to reason that they could continue their employment at AA in a different capacity (function)
You don't find the fact the company just happened to have two jobs tailored to their specific (supposedly) skill sets a little..... convenient?

They were also voted in to represent “all” of TWU Local 514 so in that capacity they would have continued until they were voted out by that membership in the next elections. That also may have provided them the time (And ability) to prepare to move into the OSM or FMT Group?
Cirri maybe but Tiller was the Fleet Service Chairman. Last I checked there were no Fleet Service Clerks for her to represent at TUL/TULE after "the cleansing".

You do bring up a good point and that has been brought up before.

However, here is some additional information you may not be aware of.

Disclaimer: I was not there to witness (I took an early layoff to focus on school). The info I have is second hand information given to me by someone that claimed they were there that I consider a reliable source.

Job offers were verbally made by a member of management to some of the Fleet Service Clerks present. One of them (and he is not the one I talked to) actually had verifiable commercial painting experience AND more company/occupational time than Tiller. That tells me those jobs were ready to go before the ink on the layoff papers even dried. Another important piece, management reneged on all those offers, all except 2 of course.

So having those UNION positions did not "buy them time" they were ready to go before they even hit the street.

“ATD Honors the outgoing Presidents

January 15, 2014​

Sean Doyle, Sam Cirri and Dave Virella
We along with the TWU Intl would like to thank Sam for all of his dedicated service and hard work. Local 514 has been blessed with great leadership and Sam was no exception. Sam served as President at time of much turmoil and controversy. He had to make some very tough decisions and did so to benefit the membership of this great local.
He had been present and participated in over 8 years of negotiations with American Airlines on our behalf. Sam is now working in Facilities Maintenance here in Tulsa.
Thank You Sam, for all you have done.
Local 514 Leadership”
What did you expect them to say WeAAsles?

They are unlikely to say "Sam had an under the table deal with management to save his own ass".

I can understand the company wanting that.

I can't understand a UNION officer encouraging his peers to vote for that, especially a TUL/TULE Fleet Service Clerk.

Because that Union official was informed honestly that if his members voted no the Judge pretty much would be obligated to impose the Company’s original ask which is worse than the LBO.

I didn't say they were the only two to remain with the airline. I said they were the only 2 that
a)didn't hit Mingo (what we call getting laid off or fired)
b)didn't have to bump/transfer to another station
c)remained local and employed until their transfer was pushed through.

Yes the others had the option to put in a local transfer to another title group or bump/transfer to another station as Title 3.

I have no first hand information.

What I have heard is that Tiller had occupational experience as a commercial painter.

Cirri had a background as an electronics tech in the military. That one I find shady. Cirri was employed at American Airlines for at least 20+ years at the time. How much knowledge did he lose in 20+ years? Not to mention the vast changes in electronics in 20+ years.

I mean 20+ years WeAAsles..... can you honestly say you could go do a technical job after being out of the game for 20+ years? Seriously...... 20+ years?

I can honestly say if I stepped away from computer networking (my occupation) for 20+ years I would be lost coming back. It's vastly changed only in the 10 years I have been doing it.

You don't find the fact the company just happened to have two jobs tailored to their specific (supposedly) skill sets a little..... convenient?

Cirri maybe but Tiller was the Fleet Service Chairman. Last I checked there were no Fleet Service Clerks for her to represent at TUL/TULE after "the cleansing".

You do bring up a good point and that has been brought up before.

However, here is some additional information you may not be aware of.

Disclaimer: I was not there to witness (I took an early layoff to focus on school). The info I have is second hand information given to me by someone that claimed they were there that I consider a reliable source.

Job offers were verbally made by a member of management to some of the Fleet Service Clerks present. One of them (and he is not the one I talked to) actually had verifiable commercial painting experience AND more company/occupational time than Tiller. That tells me those jobs were ready to go before the ink on the layoff papers even dried. Another important piece, management reneged on all those offers, all except 2 of course.

So having those UNION positions did not "buy them time" they were ready to go before they even hit the street.

What did you expect them to say WeAAsles?

They are unlikely to say "Sam had an under the table deal with management to save his own ass".

Each paragraph.

# 1 Because they were Local 514 Union officers and not in the operation. They reported to the Members that elected them to serve until they were voted out. But Tiller seems like she moved over along with everyone else when they went.

# 2 I do not know any particular details of Mr Ciri. And I certainly won’t speculate if he did anything shady as you obviously think he did but that I do highly doubt. But I’m also sure there was some OJT once he came back to the shop floor if he hadn’t performed that work in a while. Along with maybe a year of reading to catch up.

#3 Sorry man I don’t swim in conspiracy theories especially if they’re coming from someone who has an axe to grind. But as a FSC Mr Cirri was still one of fourteen. Fourteen people moved in to FMT’s.

Now was everyone Saintly pure? Who knows and who normally is? If I was in a position where I could swim to shore, I’m going to get to that beach as best I can. And don’t try to kid me that you wouldn’t either. The TWU International thanks Cirri and mentions him being a part of negotiations for 8 years. After 8 years that’s a man who’s going to be an expert at how the system works and I’m sure capitalized fully with his knowledge.

And why shouldn’t he?