Breaking out of the perimeter?

It is a compelling argument, since HP is the only major airline that can't provide service from LGA to any of its major hubs (sorry, CMH doesn't count). Especially since a similar exemption has enabled UA and F9 to provide service through DEN for years. And it doesn't lead to a slippery slope problem (i.e., if PHX, why not LAX?), because the application distinguishes between HP's request to provide service to its hubs and a general desire to serve the west coast from LGA.

Good luck to America West!

If I remembr correctly, somebody once posted in the old PB forums that there is no perimeter rule on Saturdays, so they could provide weekly service if they wanted to, albeit it wouldn't be very practical.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/28/2002 11:57:02 AM AAG2000 wrote:

It is a compelling argument, since HP is the only major airline that can't provide service from LGA to any of its major hubs (sorry, CMH doesn't count). Especially since a similar exemption has enabled UA and F9 to provide service through DEN for years. And it doesn't lead to a "slippery slope" problem (i.e., if PHX, why not LAX?), because the application distinguishes between HP's request to provide service to its hubs and a general desire to serve the west coast from LGA.

Good luck to America West!
----------------
[/blockquote]

CMH doesn't count? If not for CMH there would be NO AWA presence at LGA.

Yes, CMH is a hub, but it does not count as a major hub because the connecting opportunities for LGA-originating passengers are very limited. Believe me, I've got nothing against Columbus...but it's all right there in HP's application!