Bring Your Child To Work Day...

wings396

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
I was just wondering how many others out there brought their Children to work yesterday?
A few people at our Station did, and for some of us it was the final time to do so.
I have taken advantage of this opportunity for several years now, and the Children have always looked forward to going to the Airport for the day. This year in particular was a very sad time for all, as it was to be the last time due to our Station being outsourced in a few weeks. How can one explain to their Children that the company no longer wants their Parent as an Employee? The Airline has been a career for many of us for over 20 years. Our Children and Families have grown up with it being a part of their lives.
We have been dedicated employees who have left Home for work on countless Holidays and Family events, and they all understood why. The Airline was a 365 day a year operation no matter what day it was, or how bad the weather was.
They are young, but they know something isn’t right here. My youngest asked if the Airline was going to stop serving our City, and I said No. Why then won’t you have a Job here anymore Daddy? Try to explain to a 9 year old how the company that you have been proud to work for since High school is ridding itself of you to save a few measly bucks. It was a Heartbreaker for me to know that this would be the LAST Time my Children would ever be at the Airport with me after all these years.
This is the “Humanâ€￾ side of things that the fine Folks in CCY could care less about.
They forget about the Dedicated Employees and their Families that have served them well for many years to build the Airline. They choose to toss us out like Trash for some Vendor that has no loyalty to the Company. Sad, very Sad indeed!

Nice that you were allowed to participate. Pit Res was not, but INT res was. You would think management would cut us at least one last break. Alot of us have children as old as our career and it would have been nice for them to be able to say good-bye in a way. On the other hand I won't be encouraging my children to pursue a career in the airline industry. Hopefully they will make better career decisions than I did.

In PIT res we were not allowed to Bring in our children ....Management advised us that the environment is to hostile....If its that bad then PLEASE SHUT THE DOORS!!!!!! Kind of crappy since INT was able to do it??????? :down: :down:

The best part was that PIT Res didn't bother to let the employees know that they weren't participating in Take Your Child to Work Day until the actual day. They post bulletins in the office if you sneeze, but they couldn't let us know in advance that our children weren't welcome. They gave low morale as their reason for choosing not to participate. It is decisions like this that contribute to the low morale.

I find it extremely interesting that INT was allowed to participate but PIT was not. Management said it was a hostile environment!!!!!!!! What a bunch of BS! Especially considering the fact that any time I have taken my children in with me on a day off everyone stopped what they were doing to make my kids feel welcome! Just one more way I got screwed!!!!!!!

Latest posts