Brothers Arrested, Pilot Hurt After Fight On Plane At MIA

You are quite wrong. I commuted on WN a lot for 6 years. I NEVER saw behavior on a WN flight such as I see on AA almost every flight. Also, as I have a very close friend who is a WN pilot, I can assure you that WN does not tolerate even half of what we are expected to put up with in the cabin at AA on a regular basis. Don't blame WN. Blame AA management who reward bad behavior. Every time a flight attendant tries to get some jerk to conform to FAR's, the jerk complains to AA Customer Relations and he or she is given AAdvantage miles or free tickets to assuage their hurt feelings. That is what causes this kind of behavior. As Pogo used to say, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Are you being serious? FAs are the first responders and should be able to take appropriate action with unruly passengers. I worry though that too much autonomy will lead to more incidents like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O045XYWdEVA

(OJ SMF-DFW December 2009)

Passengers should be accountable for their actions. Awarding vouchers and/or AAdvantage miles in ludicrous. When has AA ever done this? If that's the case AA is rewarding bad behavior that detracts from other passengers' experience, costs the company money, and is a serious safety threat.

Josh

Are you being serious? FAs are the first responders and should be able to take appropriate action with unruly passengers. I worry though that too much autonomy will lead to more incidents like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O045XYWdEVA

Passengers should be accountable for their actions.
Awarding vouchers and/or AAdvantage miles in ludicrous. When has AA ever done this? If that's the case AA is rewarding bad behavior that detracts from other passengers' experience, costs the company money, and is a serious safety threat.

Josh
What about employees?

Passengers should be accountable for their actions. Awarding vouchers and/or AAdvantage miles in ludicrous. When has AA ever done this? If that's the case AA is rewarding bad behavior that detracts from other passengers' experience, costs the company money, and is a serious safety threat.

Josh

I think I ran into that #### on a Paris flight some years ago. There can't be more than one such idiot. Or can there?

If my history serves me correct, Southwest is the major player in charging those famous $29 ticket prices and has been the leader in lowering the cabin atmosphere.

If you need a finger to be pointed...Point the middle finger first at the deregulation act of 1978...Then point it at People's Express..They are the ones who took the BUS riders and put them on aircraft. We went from wearing jacket and ties and skirts (for the ladies, of course..) to dirty ass backpackers.

This was all done to make air travel affordable. The only way to survive was to slash costs (which literally thousands of airline workers bore the brunt of, and continue to do so as we speak..) AND take the bus riders and allow them to fly for Greyhound fares.
You could probably also add Laker and Air Florida to the mix as well.

And before PRO-DEREGULATION supports tell me that thanks to deregulation, it is because of that air travel is affordable to virtually everyone,,,,,I will tell you before hand, SAFETY and SERVICE deteriorated as a result of deregulation. Thousands of airline workers were caught up in the cost cutting measures.

Reactions: 2 people