Mechanical Glitch Forces Return Of Plane

Guess what?

Flight 3082 CHS-DCa today returned with the same problem as Saturday and Sunday of this week. The flight left OT and return after the gear wouldn't go up. That is three DCA flight out of CHS in less than 1 week....... This is getting scary....

Hi everyone. Just wanted to add a point as a long time lurker (Since 2001), A/C JRD /US 3082 on 4/22 was headed to LGA, not DCA. (I was waiting in New York to fly that plane to Greensboro). Glad to see this thread hasn't disintegrated yet into the usual "death to the contract carriers" spiel; myself and the vast majority of my co-workers are rooting for US and want to do everything we can to help y'all survive.

Sorry for the wrong info.

The flight was going to LGA... What we did was reroute the PAX via DCA..

Once again, Sorry

J?V (Can't remember middle initial) returned to CHS this am with same gear indicator problem. Theory forming at CHQ has rwy 3/21 aka "The Washboard" as the culprit, seems that all the bumping on the takeoff roll is setting sensors off.

smallstFSA said:
J?V (Can't remember middle initial) returned to CHS this am with same gear indicator problem. Theory forming at CHQ has rwy 3/21 aka "The Washboard" as the culprit, seems that all the bumping on the takeoff roll is setting sensors off.
The "Washboard" is no joke.

CHS being an Air Force Base that sees it fare share of poundings fro,m the likes of the C-17's , C-5B's and C-141B's on a daily basis will definatley take its toll on a runway surface.

*I have flown in and out of CHS many times over the last 25 years....and I can never recall any airport or Air Force facility that is more apt to loosen your teeth on landing and the take-off roll.

Maybe thier is some merit in the surafce causing some sensor issues?

I was talking to the Delta Mait. yetersay when LGA returned and he was telling me about the runway as well. But here is the funny thing. Delta, United and Continental all fly ERJ's and none of those airlines have ever had this problem. This is US Airways 5th one in 6 days.

How can this be US is the only airline having this problem??????????????