Building the Song brand

GrahamAF

Aug 20, 2002
Tampa, FL
grapkoski.com
When will Delta begin to build the Song brand? I have not seen any commercials for it here in TPA and they do have a lot of new service coming to the area, but I doubt anyone would know till they are on the plane.

Any comments?

PS-DL 2523(Song) was pretty full this weekend.

Does Song have its own gates and ticket counters? IMHO I would minimize its connection to DL much the same way Saturn does with GM.

On a RSW layover a few months ago, we shared a ride to the airport with some Delta folks who were down to set up RSW for song service and they indicated that the ground handling at RSW for song was going to be contracted out

Is ground handling for song contracted out at most stations?

Are Song pilots from Delta Express or are they mainline 757 pilots who end up doing Song flights through the bidding process? :unsure:

KALB2 said:
Are Song pilots from Delta Express or are they mainline 757 pilots who end up doing Song flights through the bidding process? :unsure:

Song pilots are Delta 757 mainline pilots. The difference is only in the rotations as you pointed out.
Song is supposed to have their own gates, with seperate logo's and all. The flight attendants are hired for Song seperate from mainline flight attendants.
They are probably currently using "Delta" gates until the gate areas can be converted.

N989AT said:
:) <i>No not really, in Tampa they share with Delta. I believe that is the same system wide</i>

Gete D33 in ATL is fully decorated with Song Logos and Colors.
While, Song Gates in TPA are decorated in Song Colors, they are in the smack middle of Delta Land (The New Airside E). Not to mention it says a service of Delta Air Lines. I would think if they really wanted to sperate the brands they shoudl move the Song gates on the other side of the concessions to where they only have a few gates before Air Canada and United. My 2 cents. :rolleyes:

Keep in mind that becuase Song is not an airline and it is operating under the certificate of Delta Air Lines, it must be made known that Song is just a service provided by Delta. Agents and flight attendants are never to refer to the product as Song Airlines as Delta can be fined for this. Song has dedicated Agents (customer service only) at JFK, MCO and FLL, with more cities adding dedicated agents in the future. Song has FA bases in NYC, BOS, FLL, MCO and TPA with a rumor of a LAS base. New services for the future of SONG are from JFK to LAX later this year. Look for tv and newpaper adds later this month as the TV's are installed.

The biggest problem that Song faces is who is running it.

Does anyone remember Selvaggio?? He of JI fame, only be replaced by someone worse, Fergy.

PLANES333 said:
Look for tv and newpaper ads later this month as the TV's are installed.
How are the TV installations coming or have they even begun? The FA on a Song flight from BOS to TPA was saying this fall which is coming up VERY soon. Your right on why they haven't advertised yet, as Song would be just like any other LCC eventhough TVs are starting to become the norm among new LCCs. I can't wait for them though, the technology is much more interactive then jBlu. I hope the TPA loads pick up soon on the new services.

Latest posts