Busy couple of months for AMFA Organization's

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the SSM&P scam moves on to the next generation I see.

8A9342AB-9213-4CBF-9A8D-9D604D174B9C.jpeg

Looks like the IAM is getting a bit restless over the grass roots filing for AMFA Representation up at Air Canada.
Don't let them interfere, report any intimidations and or illegal conduct to the CIRB or AMFA National. It's just typical industrial union tactic to try last minute moves to save their arses from being fired by the membership. They will say and do anything to persuade the membership from bringing in a better Class and Craft Union to represent their AME's. Don't fall for the tactics, just report them as it is illegal for them to interfere...

AIR CANADA FILING UPDATE
Mar 21, 2023​
March 21, 2023
Dear Air Canada AMEs and Skilled Trade Groups:
On March 20, 2023, AMFA’s attorneys filed the Union’s response to briefs submitted by Air Canada and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (“IAMAW”) opposing AMFA’s request for certification of a bargaining unit at Air Canada of skilled maintenance workers. AMFA’s response, includes the following statements:
For generations, skilled airline maintenance workers have been victimized by [the IAMAW]. Their work has been outsourced. Their skills denigrated. Their wages suppressed below market levels. And their craft-specific leaders subject to intimidation and threats by the very entity that bears a legal duty to fairly represent them. The incumbent union has deliberately constructed a house divided that cannot stand . . . .
They have asked the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA), a trade union founded on the principle that skilled airline maintenance workers have distinct interests, to serve as their bargaining agent. Recognition of a skill-based bargaining unit is the only means of addressing the [IAMAW’s] subordination of the economic and political interests of skilled maintenance workers to those of the unskilled workers who predominate in terms of numbers and political power. . . .
Skilled maintenance workers at Air Canada ask that the [CIRB] recognize their basic right to organize and grant them a bargaining unit of their own, served by a union of their choice.
We have received reports that the IAMAW has engaged in acts of coercion and retaliation against Air Canada skilled maintenance workers suspected of supporting AMFA. AMFA encourages employees to report those illegal actions directly to the CIRB or to AMFA.
Sincerely,
Bret Oestreich
National President

Looks like the IAM is getting a bit restless over the grass roots filing for AMFA Representation up at Air Canada.
Don't let them interfere, report any intimidations and or illegal conduct to the CIRB or AMFA National. It's just typical industrial union tactic to try last minute moves to save their arses from being fired by the membership. They will say and do anything to persuade the membership from bringing in a better Class and Craft Union to represent their AME's. Don't fall for the tactics, just report them as it is illegal for them to interfere...

AIR CANADA FILING UPDATE
Mar 21, 2023​
March 21, 2023
On March 20, 2023, AMFA’s attorneys filed the Union’s response to briefs submitted by Air Canada and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (“IAMAW”) opposing AMFA’s request for certification of a bargaining unit at Air Canada of skilled maintenance workers. AMFA’s response, includes the following statements:
For generations, skilled airline maintenance workers have been victimized by [the IAMAW]. Their work has been outsourced. Their skills denigrated. Their wages suppressed below market levels. And their craft-specific leaders subject to intimidation and threats by the very entity that bears a legal duty to fairly represent them. The incumbent union has deliberately constructed a house divided that cannot stand . . . .
They have asked the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA), a trade union founded on the principle that skilled airline maintenance workers have distinct interests, to serve as their bargaining agent. Recognition of a skill-based bargaining unit is the only means of addressing the [IAMAW’s] subordination of the economic and political interests of skilled maintenance workers to those of the unskilled workers who predominate in terms of numbers and political power. . . .
Skilled maintenance workers at Air Canada ask that the [CIRB] recognize their basic right to organize and grant them a bargaining unit of their own, served by a union of their choice.
We have received reports that the IAMAW has engaged in acts of coercion and retaliation against Air Canada skilled maintenance workers suspected of supporting AMFA. AMFA encourages employees to report those illegal actions directly to the CIRB or to AMFA.
Sincerely,
Bret Oestreich
National President
You do realize no one cares?

I seriously doubt there is even one Air Canada Mechanic as a member of this board.

You pollute the board by posting the same exact topic in multiple airlines.

Just stop already.

AMFA represented carriers have the highest percentages of OUTSOURCING. Just like you let WN outsource majority of the overhaul lines to Aeroman and other MROs.

And let’s not forget this.

Hey where is the lawsuit?

Vendors are still doing the work for over five years now.

Last edited:
Alaska might not've been the best example to use here.

They're kind of an equal opportunity offender.
What you failed to post is that was a violation of the IAM/AS CBA and it went to arbitration and the IAM won.

I’ll be Paul Harvey and tell the whole story and not just the pieces that fit your narrative.

The AMFA/AS CBA permitted the outsourcing and AMFA has zero recourse to file a grievance or lawsuit ti stop it.

AIR CANADA FILING UPDATE
Mar 21, 2023​
March 21, 2023
Sincerely,
Bret Oestreich
National President

So fill me in here. Will Lee Seham be billing current AMFA members for Air Canada, American, UAL and Alaska “issues” now? And how much of a kickback do Brett and the AMFA Board get out of all that?

What you failed to post is that was a violation of the IAM/AS CBA and it went to arbitration and the IAM won.

I’ll be Paul Harvey and tell the whole story and not just the pieces that fit your narrative.

The AMFA/AS CBA permitted the outsourcing and AMFA has zero recourse to file a grievance or lawsuit ti stop it.
OAK MTX base: Farmed out & work never brought back

SEA Ramp: Farmed out & work never brought back.

And the IAM CBA allowed that to happen just as much as the AMFA one might've. Go look it up; it's probably still online somewhere.

Did the IAM win in court? Yeah, kinda. Several years later. Way too late to matter to anyone affected.

And the IAM CBA allowed that to happen just as much as the AMFA one might've. Go look it up; it's probably still online somewhere.

Did the IAM win in court? Yeah, kinda. Several years later. Way too late to matter to anyone affected.

510ECF7C-E470-4EB5-8F8C-6C76F540F83B.jpeg

If the IAM CBA let it happen then why did they win in arbitration?

And I know the case and posted the link to a news article about it.

Once again here it is.

4B2F5C98-37E1-4DCB-8C4E-5C2942038960.jpeg

Yep, we covered that. They “won,” but is it really a victory if the work’s still farmed out? Of course not. I’d call it hollow at best. But hey, I’m sure it made the guys at the GL feel better about themselves.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Kev on this one that even if the IAM won and because of that had McGee voluntarily recognized that it was a hollow victory if they couldn’t get the old workers their jobs back and especially to whatever wages and benefits they had prior.

Yep, we covered that. They “won,” but is it really a victory if the work’s still farmed out? Of course not. I’d call it hollow at best. But hey, I’m sure it made the guys at the GL feel better about themselves.
Guess you don’t know what McGee is and you dont know they got a monetary settlement.

I know exactly what McGee is...and what it isn't. Are you really trying to spin McGee as a W while giving others grief about Aeroman? That's some serious dissonance.

I know exactly what McGee is...and what it isn't. Are you really trying to spin McGee as a W while giving others grief about Aeroman? That's some serious dissonance.
So the IAM CBA prohibited outsourcing. Went through arbitration and won.

They don’t control the award now so they were supposed to do what?

And your anti-union bias is showing.

Last edited:
According to the Arbitrators ruling the Company was in violation of the Contract because Menzies cost even more than the Airline keeping the job in house. Thus ultimately I’m assuming how McGee was born and the settlement was voluntary recognition.

I’m assuming the same workers probably worked for Alaska, Menzies and McGee.

Status
Not open for further replies.