Bye Bye East Coast, hello PHX

Trek?? Pedal?? Exercise?? I was refering to ones with a motor but you are welcome to join us - I would be happy to introduce you to some that do the pedal thing - let me know when you are in the airport sometime would be happy to walk up and say HI.

I'll say again.... LCC should have a crew on Town Lake. No better corporate team building exercise. Everyone HAS to work together to stay dry.... relatively.

are there any good TREK dealers out there? I just got rid of my bike here, no way to expedite ship it out to PHX.
You will love the biking, South Mountain, which is about 8 miles S. of the airport is 17 miles long, end to end and about 2 miles wide. Hundreds of trails for bikes (most are shared with hikers, so be considerate, you may be running me down as I huff and puff up the mountain). Plus, if you know where to look there are 800+ year old indian petroglyphs (rock pictures) which were put there by the Ho Ho Kam indians.

And all over the state, there are great bike sites, add in 300 days of sun a year, and you won't be bored. :up:

But then again, it is a dry heat!! Especially compared to Florida.

Yeah, it's dry in an oven too! On my way to Phoenix back in 86' I passed a town called "Burnt Scrotum, Az...Population 110 degrees" and new that wasn't a good sign...literally. Okay...April Fools a day late. :lol:

Yeah, it's dry in an oven too! On my way to Phoenix back in 86' I passed a town called "Burnt Scrotum, Az...Population 110 degrees" and new that wasn't a good sign...literally. Okay...April Fools a day late. :lol:
BWAAAHAHAHA!!! That would be a good name for a town here in Southern Az.

Dry heat, wanna experience it? Turn on your oven and let it get warmed up. Open door, stick head in...VOILA! Summer in Phoenix. :blink: (But I will admit to being one of those sickos who enjoys it when the temp is well over 100...it means I can float in my pool with a strawberry margarita and ENJOY it!!!)

When we have visitors we usually take them to Canyon Lake for a ride on the Dolly Steamboat. They have dinner on the cruise at sunset. If you're interested, I believe its DollySteamboat.com. As far as the heat is concerned, who cares? I have a pool, mall and a margarita! Also, we do have air conditioning! Better to wash bathing suits than snow suits!

Well I got moved in, still don't have a bed though... and have a rental car thru next week.. anyone have recommendations on used cars (don't have too much $$ left) and where to find a decent bed that won't kill what little is remaining in my bank account??

Btw, I LOVE it here! I have noticed that no one goes the speed limit, always 10 - 20 faster, and I have yet to see a street cop!

Well I got moved in, still don't have a bed though... and have a rental car thru next week.. anyone have recommendations on used cars (don't have too much $$ left) and where to find a decent bed that won't kill what little is remaining in my bank account??

Btw, I LOVE it here! I have noticed that no one goes the speed limit, always 10 - 20 faster, and I have yet to see a street cop!

One word for the bed

IKEA

Your right, going the speed limit can be hazardous driving!
As far as a car it really depends on what your looking for. Sun City will have really good used clean cars...but they are "Sun City" cars (old people cars). I'd look through the newspaper to find a bargain. If you don't have alot of time and your thinking dealership by a Chevy at a Ford dealership, by a Oldsmobile at a Toyota dealership, get the picture? You might want to try Coulter Cadillac and ask for Bill Jurzak. I bought a used Buick from him about six months ago and he did me right. Good luck and welcome to Phx!

Watch out for the photo radar and the red light photos at alot of intersections ecspecially Scottsdale, almost all major intersections there have them.

In Scottsdale, watch out for all the Hummers and photo radar, trophy wives, and overly botoxed' women wearing too much turquoise and acting like they are something special.

(just started a new assignment in N. Scottsdale, NOT my kind of place, I'm more of a Tempe sort!) :up:

Latest posts