Inflight Focus Groups Update

You are all on the wrong track on this topic with a lot of misinformation on whats going on in Envoy. Get some real information and then post it.
When was the last time you worked Envoy...that's what I thought...NEVER

You are all on the wrong track on this topic with a lot of misinformation on whats going on in Envoy. Get some real information and then post it.
What the hell would YOU know? You have NEVER worked Envoy. Are you involved with the SCIENTISTS creating this new "experience" on the EAST COAST in OUR training center? Hmmmmm fill us in since what we know as FACT seems to be wrong in your eyes. We'll wait....

How stupid are we?
This airline has been around for nearly 70 years. Why do we have to have meetings to figure out how to do a basic beverage service? This stuff was sorted out years ago and it worked.

sky high states: Unfortunately, this has happened with every merger. Circa, 1988. Merger with PSA. Since the efficient EAST Coast F/A's could serve Genie Trays on a 45 minute flight between PIT and PHL, Colodny decided those trays needed to compete on the West Coast. SFO to LAX. NO ONE looked at the ACTUAL FLIGHT TIME, when they first tried those trays on the route, those trays ended up in the seat pockets. Hence, tray service ended rather quickly.
Merger, 1989, Piedmont. Serve the can. Serve the cup. NO the can, no the CUP. Anyone remember Bushley (spelling) inflight who would MEMO the flight attendants INTO A COMA?
Remember after merger, the DC-9 had ONE ROW of first class (with a wimpy cloth bulkhead)?

You have to shake your head at 20 years of this HAPPENING ALL OVER AGAIN.

ONLY STATING OPINIONS

This is off topic about the focus Groups but on topic about Sherri Shambles.....
My question is this...what's up with the massive amount of interviews these people are going through to do inflight check rides ? I think you had to apply on-line by 10/4 or 5 to be considered to do these check rides. I know a few people who are on their 3rd interview to do this. My Gosh--they're not interviewing for a political position. An F/A I know had to go to CLT 3 times so far and still doesn't know if she has the gig. C'mon, Sherri--this is not rocket science. Everytime an F/A has to go, they are off line for the day. What's going on ? Anyone know ??

This is off topic about the focus Groups but on topic about Sherri Shambles.....
My question is this...what's up with the massive amount of interviews these people are going through to do inflight check rides ? I think you had to apply on-line by 10/4 or 5 to be considered to do these check rides. I know a few people who are on their 3rd interview to do this. My Gosh--they're not interviewing for a political position. An F/A I know had to go to CLT 3 times so far and still doesn't know if she has the gig. C'mon, Sherri--this is not rocket science. Everytime an F/A has to go, they are off line for the day. What's going on ? Anyone know ??

The schedule was to be:

1) Submit application by deadline.

2) Attend group interview with several locations to choose from.

3) Attend 2nd interview in CLT.

As far as I know, based on people I know who applied, the above schedule is being followed and all of the applicants who went to the 2nd interview will know on Monday if they got the position or not.

<SNIP> I did hear a very funny comment from a east F/A regarding going out for drinks and getting "Dougfaced" or "Parkerised".
The other day I heard a FA at another airline refer to two beers in a “to goâ€￾ bag as Dougweisers. Nothing like being an industry laughing stock.

<SNIP> I know a few people who are on their 3rd interview to do this. My Gosh--they're not interviewing for a political position. An F/A I know had to go to CLT 3 times so far and still doesn't know if she has the gig.
Geez, I was hired after only one interview.

If Shamles and crew really cared they would get us a contract. They would look at what the affect of the PIT closing has on the lives of the people from both PIT and the bases they are going to. They would offer leaves of abscences to offset the large numbers of reserves that it is going to create. They would drop the SAP minimum to create more secondary blocks.

sky high states: They need to OPEN UP the "west bases" ASAP. Alot of these F/A's are simply waiting to go west, go near their homes. Closing PIT without the ability to transfer WEST should not have happened.

The dust will take a long time to settle.

only stating opinions

LOL, I keep visualizing a knit, home-made thing like a cozy made to cover a tissue box....

Reminds me of an old SNL skit the, the anal retentitive chef.
Remember the old "beer can" hats ? Crochet yarn with aluminum beer cans ....they could stand next to Dougweiser and collect them as he finishes his nightly 12 pack off.....beer can table skirts that would make a nice clanging noise as we went down the center aisle to warn people we were coming and to remind them to get their arms, legs and arses out of the way.... cha-ching ! A grand idea that would be environmentally friendly too !!!

The schedule was to be:

1) Submit application by deadline.

2) Attend group interview with several locations to choose from.

3) Attend 2nd interview in CLT.

As far as I know, based on people I know who applied, the above schedule is being followed and all of the applicants who went to the 2nd interview will know on Monday if they got the position or not.

So why would you want this position? Seems like you are signing up to be the "bus safety" in grade school - no thanks!

And why would any US flight attendant think they could provide advice to another US flight attendant? I certainly have not experienced any on US that have a grip on "perfect service" and given the hostile attitude of all of the US FA's no one would listen to them anyway!

So why would you want this position? Seems like you are signing up to be the "bus safety" in grade school - no thanks!

And why would any US flight attendant think they could provide advice to another US flight attendant? I certainly have not experienced any on US that have a grip on "perfect service" and given the hostile attitude of all of the US FA's no one would listen to them anyway!

Good to see that you are open to any type of constructive criticism. From what I have seen out on line, we could all use alittle help, I mean except you, of course.