Bye Bye T3-LAX

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/30/2002 5:08:05 PM AC AA LA FA wrote:

This is news to me...your source on this is? .It seems that there are to many freq. to move to T4..I dont think there is much to worry about with this one...
----------------
[/blockquote]

Source is LAX Management. They say they have enough slots at T$ for all but SFO flts.

I don't work at LAX but with Qantas moving some flights to T4 from Bradley and AA new flight to NRT and all the flights from T3, how can T4 handle all these additional flights. T4's handling of international flights only crowds things more, there may be few int'l flights but those 747-400 and 777 take up lots of space.

With the dropping of LAX-RNO (4 flights) and LAX-SJC (8 flights), all that's really left in T3 is LAX-SFO and a few other markets like DEN and COS. With some creative gating, finding room for those 12 or so departures over in T4 shouldn't be too difficult.

Operating the split terminal doesn't make economic sense, in that you have to staff two ticket counters, two bagrooms, and have a lot more transfer drivers to move bags back and forth. It might be a bit crowded over in T4, but there's something to be said about getting more productivity out of the real estate...

It's the same with DFW Terminal B -- depeaking required fewer gates, so it makes no sense to be operating a third bagroom and a seventh ticket counter, not to mention all the transfer driver traffic between A, C and B.

As for the international flying and QF, NRT is a noon departure/10am arrival, QF is all evening departures and early morning arrivals. If the QF aircraft are remoted to the hangar to spend the day (which they typically would be with a 12+ hour ground time), there's plenty of room to gate QF and the new NRT trip without interfering with each other.

Eric,
"I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve"

Eric, I've seen that cool signature of your's, a zillion times, and FINALLY, "the light went on", and I equated your saying , with my definition, (the soon to be, NEW) "JFK" !!!!

the "terrible resolve" will be what AA inflict's on the competition, with our new massive terminal, and all those (dormant for now) TWA route authority's !!

whadda ya think ?????

NH/BB's

You're reading my signals all too well, sorry the New Jersey Giants didn't fair well in SFO.

The Republicans have just named The Apple as their convention HQ in 2004.

Can you picture GWB cutting the ribbon with Carty at ( the New ) JFK?

AAquila;
Excellent points !(except the NFL admitted that the game refs "blew" the call. There was NO illegal receiver down field, because the guy, that the incompetant ref threw the flag on, "HAD" checked in as an eligible receiver. And there WAS pass interference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Net result, Giants "would have" kick a field goal, from about the 10. (sadly, on paper).

NH/BB's

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/7/2003 12:01:05 AM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

whadda ya think ?????

NH/BB's
----------------
[/blockquote]

I was referring to the resolve in bringing justice to the cowards who killed thousands of people in Manhattan, Washington, and Pennsylvania.

So, honestly, please don't trivialize that by making it into a AA vs. Jetblue thing...

Eric,
To tell you the truth, I did'nt/should have made, the connection, but alas, I did'nt.

I did'nt think, that you "might" think, that I would even come close to trivialization, about 9/11 ! ! !
I use to ride the commuter bus with one of the deceased F/A's OB AA 11.

NOW, with that behind us, plz, give us your opinion about the true meaning of my post.

Thanx,
NH/BB's

If JFK is going to play a bigger role in our future than it has, we need to consistently deliver great service at a price customers are willing to pay.

Customers/clients love having their butt kissed and their expectations met consistently. So, having a nice new terminal doesn't mean squat if you make people wait 15 or 20 minutes in the claim area for their bags (assuming we don't lose them first), make them wait repeatedly in long lines, make them sit on aircraft which aren't cleaned sufficiently, or serve them with the enthusiasm of an undertaker.

Don't get me wrong. We deliver a great product most of the time.

We also deliver a mediocre product more than we should.

Every 1% of mediocraty equates to at least 25 flights per day, and impacts an average of 2000 customers.

Let's get our own act together first, before we start worrying about taking on our competitors.

Quite frankly having worked at TWA JFK with it's vastness of space between gates and the alleys, I'm surprised to see AA 's JFK operate at all. Hopefully these problems were addressed in the new terminal. Late arrivals cause what is normally considered a hectic day even worse. What might seem as a simple gate change, without proper communication between the Ramp, Cabin and Caterer to personnel at the gates can create a domino affect with the result being numerous delays. The long line issue can be addressed by using proper signage advising travelers that due to heightened security concerns, expect delays. Also include we ( AmericanAir ) salute the TSA for their expeditious endeavor.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/9/2003 2:20:36 PM eolesen wrote:

If JFK is going to play a bigger role in our future than it has, we need to consistently deliver great service at a price customers are willing to pay.

Customers/clients love having their butt kissed and their expectations met consistently. So, having a nice new terminal doesn't mean squat if you make people wait 15 or 20 minutes in the claim area for their bags (assuming we don't lose them first), make them wait repeatedly in long lines, make them sit on aircraft which aren't cleaned sufficiently, or serve them with the enthusiasm of an undertaker.

Don't get me wrong. We deliver a great product most of the time.

We also deliver a mediocre product more than we should.

Every 1% of mediocraty equates to at least 25 flights per day, and impacts an average of 2000 customers.

Let's get our own act together first, before we start worrying about taking on our competitors.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Eric -

This is one of the most intelligent, well spoken posts I've seen on any of these boards in a long time. It seems like everyone here is concerned with how they are going to take down the competition and what pieces of UA or US the airline they work for will buy once they are gone. Times have changed and everyone should be concentrating on survival - just doing what they can to make their own airline one of the survivors of these trying times.