Does AA have 767 problems?

oneflyer,

You are wrong. There are AMTs here who believe that working as much o/t as possible will show the company that more heads are needed. But that experiment did not work because more heads were not added/recalled. (I didn't work then either.) So now not working the o/t has not increased head count either. Look, the company is willing to take delays and ots aircraft with a continuing reduced manning.

Here's an example. This last round of layoffs we were told that SAN was properly manned and not to worry. Lo & behold we lost 4 AMTs, one AMT Crew Chief and one stock clerk. We were told that this was to be our new level of manning in maintenance. OK. You with me so far?

Then after all the dust settled and the laid off guys transfered out we had our so called proper manning for our operation. One of the uneffected AMTs put a bid in for LAX as a Crew Chief. He left and we are one man down per the stated head count that is needed for SAN. We asked when this AMT would be replaced with a recall. Guess what? The company said they WILL NOT replace him!

Wait a second! Per the company's own statement we WERE manned to the proper level with the reduced head count. Now we are undermanned and everything is fine? Sure, go ahead and work all the o/t you can. Work twice as hard for half as much. Either way the company will not recall AMTs.

Ken, how long did your "experiment" go on? Did the schedule change? There are any number of reasons why another AMT wasn't added. Maybe another station was over staffed, maybe maybe the schedule was going to change, maybe the company wanted to see if 3 AMTs could work. Whatever, I know that the reason wasn't to see how many AMTs the company could keep out of work. As a mechanic you see a pinhole of the picture and make a conclusion and typically that conclusion is wrong. Its wrong because you think someone it out to get YOU, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Guys like you are a constant contrdiction, they rail on management for not doing a good job, for taking their pay away, you say "make the company like Southwest", but that really only applies to other work groups. When it comes to working more productively, the F/A are all for it when it comes to pilots, AMTs, fleet service, pilots think AMTs should work more for less, etc........ The "everyone should have to change but me" attitude.

Ken, how long did your "experiment" go on? Did the schedule change? There are any number of reasons why another AMT wasn't added. Maybe another station was over staffed, maybe maybe the schedule was going to change, maybe the company wanted to see if 3 AMTs could work. Whatever, I know that the reason wasn't to see how many AMTs the company could keep out of work. As a mechanic you see a pinhole of the picture and make a conclusion and typically that conclusion is wrong. Its wrong because you think someone it out to get YOU, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Guys like you are a constant contrdiction, they rail on management for not doing a good job, for taking their pay away, you say "make the company like Southwest", but that really only applies to other work groups. When it comes to working more productively, the F/A are all for it when it comes to pilots, AMTs, fleet service, pilots think AMTs should work more for less, etc........ The "everyone should have to change but me" attitude.

The company has repeatedly said they will not add mechanics to the payroll. This is why we recently saw the reductions and closures of some Class 2 stations. The people affected by the layoffs filled the void at some Class 1 stations. At JFK, we are down so many mechanics, some nights they ask everyone if they want to stay overtime. It is cheaper for the company to hold OT than rehire someone.
Mechancis have been resigning and some retiring and they will not replace them. But they don't hesitate to replace a supvervisor who resigns or retires. No problem keeping their ranks up there.

I'm a contradiction? How so? I state the truth. I "rail" on management because they tell me they will share the sacrifice? Look at Carty. Now look at Arpey. That's "shared"? No, THAT'S a contradiction!

I have NEVER said make AA like SWA. If I did that would mean AA would get rid of overhaul. I do NOT want to get rid of AA overhaul.

How do you get MORE productivity from AMTs when you lie to them and pay them less?

I'm a contradiction? How so? I state the truth. I "rail" on management because they tell me they will share the sacrifice? Look at Carty. Now look at Arpey. That's "shared"? No, THAT'S a contradiction!

I have NEVER said make AA like SWA. If I did that would mean AA would get rid of overhaul. I do NOT want to get rid of AA overhaul.

How do you get MORE productivity from AMTs when you lie to them and pay them less?

Can't ever stick to the topic. Its always back to something that happened to you back in the day, how you're getting screwed, etc....

I don't get it, how does what Arpey makes even matter? When I was an analyst at AA I made less than and for a time, about as much as an AMT. Upper management was, at best, 15 years away, and I never thought once about how much Arpey makes compared to me. It just has no bearing on my life, the amount is miniscule in relation to other costs. I bet AA spends more on napkins that it does on Arpey's salary. I get how you could be so uterly consumed by it. I'm convinced that you're just angry about your position in life and that blaiming Arpey is the easiest thing to do.

Can't ever stick to the topic. Its always back to something that happened to you back in the day, how you're getting screwed, etc....

I don't get it, how does what Arpey makes even matter? When I was an analyst at AA I made less than and for a time, about as much as an AMT. Upper management was, at best, 15 years away, and I never thought once about how much Arpey makes compared to me. It just has no bearing on my life, the amount is miniscule in relation to other costs. I bet AA spends more on napkins that it does on Arpey's salary. I get how you could be so uterly consumed by it. I'm convinced that you're just angry about your position in life and that blaiming Arpey is the easiest thing to do.

My position in life as a skilled AMT, husband and father doesn't make me angry. Just the opposite.

I mentioned what Arpey makes BECAUSE you claim I am a contradiction. I showed you what a contradiction is... shared sacrifice by ALL only to have the company lie to us? That kinda makes me angry. I don't know about you.

Now, what AA spends on napkins doesn't matter.

My position in life as a skilled AMT, husband and father doesn't make me angry. Just the opposite.

I mentioned what Arpey makes BECAUSE you claim I am a contradiction. I showed you what a contradiction is... shared sacrifice by ALL only to have the company lie to us? That kinda makes me angry. I don't know about you.

Ken, the difference is I don't really believe they lied. I'm still unclear who lied to you? Did Arpey say, "I'm never going to take a raise again?" Just because someone make more than you or more than you think they should doesn't mean the are taking all that they could get. I don't get angry every time I drive through a nice neighborhood, because someone has a nicer house than me, why would I get angry that Arpey makes good money. He's not taking it from you, he's taking from the shareholders and if they don't like it they will sell the stock and his options won't be worth anything.

I find it odd that you put your union before your wife and kids. Unless its a purely time management issue not working OT deprives your wife and children of opportunity that they would otherwise have if you chose to work OT. Your willingness to deny you, your wife and children in the mostly cerimonial act of not working OT is odd to say the least.

Ken
If you feel aa lied to you and you are upset with what you make at aa, then you should quit and let someone else have your job. Quit yor bit==ing, you could have it worse than you do

Quit yor bit==ing, you could have it worse than you do

Concessions sucked for everyone, but I don't think you have any clue as to what "bad" really is.

You might think you were, but aside from the folks who survived the Icahn days, or those who came from a carrier controlled at any point in time by Frank Lorenzo, nobody at AMR has been pissed on by management.

Concessions sucked for everyone, but I don't think you have any clue as to what "bad" really is.

You might think you were, but aside from the folks who survived the Icahn days, or those who came from a carrier controlled at any point in time by Frank Lorenzo, nobody at AMR has been pissed on by management.

I survived Icahn, now what do you have to say smarty FM

I survived Icahn, now what do you have to say smarty FM

My apologies, okc, that wasn't directed at you personally... it's directed at all the other native malcontents who think they have it so bad.

Latest posts