Cabin Service - Miami

Gate change today on our inbound, from D to A. Cabin service supervisor came by to tell us cabin service would not be cleaning the plane today. I was told I could do it or take it like it was. How disgusting, management comes to tell us, it would be too much hassle for them to come all the way over to A, to do there job. Could I do it for them?

Funny though AA didn't mind having all the passengers walk the whole way over from end of D to end of A.

I wasn't going to clean it. My stand was I will wait. Capt and her got together and so she did f/c if you can call it that. Unfolded blankets and gum wrappers on the seats and newspapers in the seat backs. Capt did m/c, well through the blankets in to the o/h bins. Then we boarded the flying garbage can.

I am so sick of the low life cabin service crew chiefs who feel we are in the way and need to be off the plane while they clean. Yea must be less hassle as they rummage the galley and crank up the boarding music. All the while the plane looks no better when they leave. Here is a cost savings dump the managers who let this crap continue, if that doesn't do it. Dump cabin service and go contract on the day shift as well.

FA Mikey said:
Gate change today on our inbound, from D to A. Cabin service supervisor came by to tell us cabin service would not be cleaning the plane today. I was told I could do it or take it like it was. How disgusting, management comes to tell us, it would be too much hassle for them to come all the way over to A, to do there job. Could I do it for them?

Funny though AA didn't mind having all the passengers walk the whole way over from end of D to end of A.

I wasn't going to clean it. My stand was I will wait. Capt and her got together and so she did f/c if you can call it that. Unfolded blankets and gum wrappers on the seats and newspapers in the seat backs. Capt did m/c, well through the blankets in to the o/h bins. Then we boarded the flying garbage can.

I am so sick of the low life cabin service crew chiefs who feel we are in the way and need to be off the plane while they clean. Yea must be less hassle as they rummage the galley and crank up the boarding music. All the while the plane looks no better when they leave. Here is a cost savings dump the managers who let this crap continue, if that doesn't do it. Dump cabin service and go contract on the day shift as well.
[post="275451"][/post]​

You should see the employee restrooms in Tulsa.

They keep the job in-house so the retard relatives or least min. IQ, can have a job.

Most employees are walking around with 7 year itch in the croch and no telling what else.

There are NO words to describe the mess.

And AA brings third party tours through trying to get outside work.

One stop at the restroom, and there is no work coming from whoever uses the pit.

Bob Owens said:
Well here at JFK the outsourced cleaners are out there till at least 10am every day. Some of the aircraft they dont even start till after 8 am. But I'm sure that the TWU is keeping a close eye on all that. :D
[post="267846"][/post]​

As long the aircraft is scheduled to arrive prior to 0800, and there's time to do the overnight bill of work, what is anyone supposed to be watching, Bob?

Do A or B checks always start the minute the aircraft arrives at the hangar?

I doubt it.

But as long as the bill of work is done by the time it's supposed to be ready for its next departure, it really doesn't matter when the crew starts the work.

It's the same thing with the cleaners. They get paid a flat fee by the job. How long it actually takes to do the work and how many crews they have is their problem to manage. I can tell you they're not going to have one crew per aircraft anymore than we would have when it was insourced.

JiminTX

By USDA regulations you can't take trash off an airplane and put it on the catering truck where food is going to be carried.

700UW said:
JiminTX

By USDA regulations you can't take trash off an airplane and put it on the catering truck where food is going to be carried.
[post="275489"][/post]​

Can't possibly true. That is the only way that galley trash bins get emptied at AA. The catering people empty the bins after they take the inbound carts off and put the outbound carts on. They have a large trash barrel in the back of the truck. They lift out the entire giant trash bag and put in a new one. Then they return the bin to it's location in the galley.

That was the whole point of my post. Sometimes the caterers come on before the crew arrives. If the caterer does not empty the trash bins, they don't get emptied.
In my vast experience of 3+ years, I have never seen a cabin cleaner/ramper empty the galley trash.

Well Jim, if the USDA got wind of what they are doing they would stop it, no trash can be on the same truck that has food on it or that will be carrying food unless the truck is disinfected before any food is placed on the truck. Now they can have the old meals in carts, that is allowed.

And especially if it is international trash, there are special procedures for the handling.

[I'm certain the disability community would be thrilled with your comments. This the fault of poor supervision and the managers should be held accountable. Take pictures and send the to Arpey with your concerns. It it is as bad as you state, you may be correct in the loss of potential business.

quote=TWU informer,Jun 4 2005, 09:21 PM]
You should see the employee restrooms in Tulsa.

They keep the job in-house so the retard relatives or least min. IQ, can have a job.

Most employees are walking around with 7 year itch in the croch and no telling what else.

There are NO words to describe the mess.

And AA brings third party tours through trying to get outside work.

One stop at the restroom, and there is no work coming from whoever uses the pit.
[post="275453"][/post]​
[/quote]

700UW said:
Well Jim, if the USDA got wind of what they are doing they would stop it, no trash can be on the same truck that has food on it or that will be carrying food unless the truck is disinfected before any food is placed on the truck. Now they can have the old meals in carts, that is allowed.

And especially if it is international trash, there are special procedures for the handling.
[post="275507"][/post]​
Thats how it is in every station with every catering company, with every airline. If the USDA was concerned they wouldnt allow food to be downline catered with nothing more than a couple pounds of dry ice in a cart. Food is almost always below acceptable temps by the time it is used for the return flight.

I dont think so, at US the mainline caterers or contract caterers do not remove the trash.

For example in CLT UAL's employees remove the trash and the caterers just cater.

Go ask the USDA about a catering truck and trash.

So I think you need to rethink your statement EVERY airline does it that way.

700UW said:
I dont think so, at US the mainline caterers or contract caterers do not remove the trash.

For example in CLT UAL's employees remove the trash and the caterers just cater.

Go ask the USDA about a catering truck and trash.

So I think you need to rethink your statement EVERY airline does it that way.
[post="275524"][/post]​
What should I ask them? They are inspecting our planes, they are fimilar with out policys. There is NO law or rule as you suggest.

Want to bet?

Go look in your galley and see if there is a sanitary certificate, that certificate means you must abide by the USDA regulations. And every airline must have a compliance agreement with the USDA and further more if there are international flights into a domestic station each individual station and the USDA must have a compliance agreement in regard to international trash and its procedure.

I worked in Utility for 15 years, and I know all about the USDA, trash procedures and international trash procedures.

See before US and PI merged PI use to have their caterers remove trash and put it on the same truck as food and provisions for the plane, when the USDA found out about they put a stop to immediatly.

Go check and you will see.

700UW, I'm just telling you that for at least 5 years that I know of, at AA the caterer removes the galley trash, and it goes on the same truck that the outbound carts came off of. That is fact. If the USDA has a regulation forbidding this practice and has not said anything for the past 5 years, I'm guessing the issue is not high on their list of priorities.

And, yes we do have a USDA sanitation certificate on every a/c at AA.

From the USDA instructions to Inspectors of a/c galleys (found by Googling USDA aircraft galley regulations)...
By the way, I found this in the section regarding inspection of caterers, not the airline or a/c galley.

"Liquids, paper wastes and other garbage from galleys should be removed and stored in covered containers."

Note that it does not say a word about the transportation of the wastes, just that they must be removed and stored in covered containers. The section on transportation of food to the a/c just says that the food must be protected from contamination in a sealed cart.

700UW said:
Want to bet?

Go look in your galley and see if there is a sanitary certificate, that certificate means you must abide by the USDA regulations. And every airline must have a compliance agreement with the USDA and further more if there are international flights into a domestic station each individual station and the USDA must have a compliance agreement in regard to international trash and its procedure.

I worked in Utility for 15 years, and I know all about the USDA, trash procedures and international trash procedures.

See before US and PI merged PI use to have their caterers remove trash and put it on the same truck as food and provisions for the plane, when the USDA found out about they put a stop to immediatly.

Go check and you will see.
[post="275528"][/post]​
Post all the cerrtificates you want. Until you quote a law of some sort it is nothing but your imagination. There is no rule or law.

Contact your local USDA office and they will confirm.

Just because you have not seen or nor worked under it does not mean it does not exist.

Why don't you tell me what happens to trash from an international flight?

Latest posts