New 767 Staffing?

Never knew this was AA or FAA policy to prohibit photography on an aircraft. Where is this policy? I take pictures on airplanes all the time both out the window and internal shots if I see something interesting.

It's in the American Way magazine, not far from the prohibtion on the use of GPS. Pretty clearly set forth, although it's not mentioned (IIRC) in the C of C. And I don't see it on the ticket jacket. But them's the rules.

It's AA's policy; as far as I know, there is no FAA or TSA policy addressing photography.

I'm a little unclear on how the FA is gonna own the camera or computer, however. Sounds like really big talk and little else. Sure, they could call LEOs to meet the flight. But touching a passenger because they clicked a camera shutter (assuming no other bad conduct) is probably enough to support a battery charge against the FA.

As an aside, Southwest used to expressly permit GPS usage in their inflight magazine; about a year ago or so they changed their mind and prohibited GPS.

Never knew this was AA or FAA policy to prohibit photography on an aircraft. Where is this policy? I take pictures on airplanes all the time both out the window and internal shots if I see something interesting.

yep. Pictures for personal events is ok. It's policy to not have any pictures of AA employees, equipment, or procedures in the picture.
Those are the rules in my FA manual. Agents might have different rules because I always see them telling people they can't take pictures in the terminal. I kind of vaguely remember hearing that was the rule awhile ago but can't find any documentation to back it up in the FA manual or on any of the AA web sites I access.

Too bad the manual doesn't say "no reading magazines while customers paying $8000 for a J ticket are left having to get up and find a FA just to get a drink refill..."

This policy is listed in the Onboard Technology page of AA.com:
Use of still and video cameras, film or digital, is permitted only for recording personal events. Photography or video recording of airline personnel, equipment, or procedures is strictly prohibited.*

*The electronic device policy may vary on American Eagle and AmericanConnection. Please see a flight attendant for specifics.

Too bad the manual doesn't say "no reading magazines while customers paying $8000 for a J ticket are left having to get up and find a FA just to get a drink refill..."

With that attitude you should just bring your own or better yet, fly a different airline. AA f/a's will not miss you. When you leave AA for another airline, don't let the door slam you in the a** :up: .

I don't know if its an FAA policcy or not. It is an AA policy and the rule, is in our manuals.

Latest posts