Unions vs. Executive Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
<_< ----- UAW! Now there's a Union!------- If the AA mechanics voted in the UAM, they'de have to change their name to the "Union of Airospace and Automotive Workers"! Or the "uAAw"!!! :shock:------ Oh well! We can't win can we? :unsure:

Yep. And the buyout they're offering to workers excludes senior managers and above.

Let me get this right.... you have no problem with SALARY -- you have a problem with COMPENSATION?....

Quit the pyscho-babble....You know I'm speaking of bonuses.

When one progresses up the corporate ladder, it is expected that salary increases as well.
The whole notion of outrageous BONUSES to keep thesese people has gotten lost in the corporate world of greed. I guess it's not enough for a CEO of a company to make $400, 500, or 600,000 a year. Noooo, they have to be paid hundreds of thousands more and at some firms, millions or else they'll leave.

Again, I used to give a rat's a$$ what an executive made.....But that has changed since 2003...and yes I will keep grinding this axe....And I will keep it sharp.

Quit the pyscho-babble....You know I'm speaking of bonuses.

When one progresses up the corporate ladder, it is expected that salary increases as well.
The whole notion of outrageous BONUSES to keep thesese people has gotten lost in the corporate world of greed. I guess it's not enough for a CEO of a company to make $400, 500, or 600,000 a year. Noooo, they have to be paid hundreds of thousands more and at some firms, millions or else they'll leave.

Again, I used to give a rat's a$$ what an executive made.....But that has changed since 2003...and yes I will keep grinding this axe....And I will keep it sharp.
The bottom line is we gave up pay,they got theirs back and we will never forget!!!!!!!!!
"THEY PAY US JUST ENOUGH TO STAY WE DO JUST ENUFF NOT TO GET FIRED"
Until they get it performance and moral suffers,you reap what you sow! The seeds were planted by AMR

Found this quote on ATWOnline...

"The voluntary leave program (early out offered to all employees) will be offered through June 19. "We don't have a minimum [number of employees accepting] that we are dependent on" and will not resort to layoffs if a certain figure is not reached, he claimed. [The company] has implemented a hiring freeze and suspended pay increases for senior management." (italics and bolding mine)

Before the dancing in the streets begins, let me add the speaker of these words was Gary Kelly, CEO of Southwest. What a concept!!!!! The company loses money; so, the senior management do not collect raises/bonusses. They must be COMMUNISTS over there at SWA! :shock: :lol:

Found this quote on ATWOnline...

"The voluntary leave program (early out offered to all employees) will be offered through June 19. "We don't have a minimum [number of employees accepting] that we are dependent on" and will not resort to layoffs if a certain figure is not reached, he claimed. SWA has implemented a hiring freeze and suspended pay increases for senior management." (italics and bolding mine)

Before the dancing in the streets begins, let me add the speaker of these words was Gary Kelly, CEO of Southwest. What a concept!!!!! The company loses money; so, the senior management do not collect raises/bonusses. They must be COMMUNISTS over there at SWA!

Oh Jim, they were just able to pay for some of that bonus with the $16,150,000 from the recent furlough of 323. Not to worry, they need more, more will go.

Oh, I'm well aware of that Nancy, being 600 from the bottom of the active list as I am. I was just pointing out the irony of the difference in management styles between the crosstown rivals.

Newbie here, with a question that may have been answered already. Which union (if any) represents Airport Agents in non-union cities?

Welcome, SDFEagle; I was under the impression that mainline agents are not represented in any city - but I may be mistaken. You are talking about ticket and gate agents, right? Perhaps Eagle agents are represented?

Welcome, SDFEagle; I was under the impression that mainline agents are not represented in any city - but I may be mistaken. You are talking about ticket and gate agents, right? Perhaps Eagle agents are represented?
Thanks for the welcome.

Right, Ticket, Gate and Ramp agents, we're 'cross-ulilized'. We aren't represented, but SOMEONE has to represent us for contract negotiation purposes, and I'm just wondering which union that is, or if someone else covers the slot.

Uh, if you are not represented by a union, you do not have a contract to negotiate. You are an "at will" employee--the will being the company's, not yours. The company decides your vacation and sick accrual, your working conditions and rules...everything.

If there is a contract which governs your working conditions and pay, you ARE represented--i.e., you belong to a union.

This is way off topic, but I'll answer since the rest of the topic is just beating a dead horse....

Thanks for the welcome.

Right, Ticket, Gate and Ramp agents, we're 'cross-ulilized'. We aren't represented, but SOMEONE has to represent us for contract negotiation purposes, and I'm just wondering which union that is, or if someone else covers the slot.

If you're cross-u in the spokes, you don't have a contract. The company sets your pay and working conditions. Last time I checked, your benefits and 401K match those of Eagle management, so it's not like you're getting totally screwed. There might be some halo effect from what the pilots and FA's get, and perhaps the ramp guys in the hubs (I thought they were unionized, but maybe not).

There should also be an agent advisory group that gets consulted by HR or Eagle Field Services on major issues, especially things that affect quality of life (pieces of the old QWL program still survive, believe it or not), but it's not guaranteed. Then again, even with a union contract, it's not guaranteed either if there's a hole or loophole in the contract which doesn't require the union to be consulted...

This is way off topic, but I'll answer since the rest of the topic is just beating a dead horse....

Then again, even with a union contract, it's not guaranteed either if there's a hole or loophole in the contract which doesn't require the union to be consulted...

The only guarantees are for executives. Sure, their PUP payouts may vary, but they still receive them regardless of how poorly the company is performing.

And aside from getting people whipped up, what exactly has it accomplished?...

I don't like paying income taxes either, but there comes a time where you have to send the IRS the check and get on with life...

If you want to fix the problem, do it at the bargaining table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back