Career Ends

Diogenes -

It is always a tremendous sadness to see your co-workers leave. Your passion for the industry and the company were always evident by the level of conviction you had for the events taking place. Godspeed on your new journey. May you take that same level of enthusiasm, dedication and hard work with you to where ever your journey takes you. Our loss will definitly be someone elses gain.

Lastly, if no one else had ever said it.....Thank you. Thank you for all that you've done. In 25 years you have more then left your mark on this company through your blood, sweat and tears. We are a better company for having had you here. Your absence (as well as the others that have gone before / after you) will leave a very empty space at the US Airways family table.

God Speed, God Bless.....my your future hold nothing but happiness.

With much respect....

Mark

Dio,

I thank you for all you have done, and wish you the best in the future...and please keep in touch. Just because you're leaving the company doesn't mean you have to leave the board. I hope you can share your new perspectives with us and keep us posted on your education and new career.

As always, if there is anything I can do for you on a personal level, I am never more than an email or PM away.

Thanks again for your kind words, and may good fortune shine on you....

Best wishes,

Art

Dio-

I'm sure you'll do fine. Your smarts and principles come out loud and clear in your posts. There are better things ahead. And I should commend you on your healthy attitude.. that's what is really valuable. Focus on your future!

Many accolades for one of the abused and unappreciated talents that the airline executives consider throw always with China and other countries willing to take their place with their slave wages and zero benefits. I hope D takes his talent and principles to a level that will help curve the abuses brought to us by this new world order of modern day slavery.

diogenes said:
For the principals behind this whole sorry mess, damn you, sirs.

[post="275269"][/post]​

To those in CCY

May those who love us love us.
And those that don't love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.

And to you sir.......

May the blessing of light be on you - light without and light within.

May the blessed sunlight shine on you like a great peat fire, so that stranger and friend may come and warm himself at it.

And may light shine out of the two eyes of you, like a candle set in the window of a house, bidding the wanderer come in out of the storm.

And may the blessing of the rain be on you, may it beat upon your Spirit and wash it fair and clean, and leave there a shining pool where the blue of Heaven shines, and sometimes a star.

And may the blessing of the earth be on you, soft under your feet as you pass along the roads, soft under you as you lie out on it, tired at the end of day; and may it rest easy over you when, at last, you lie out under it.

May it rest so lightly over you that your soul may be out from under it quickly; up and off and on its way to God. And now may the Lord bless you, and bless you kindly. Amen.

from a scottish blessiing

best of luck there dio. Damn them in ccy i am getting so tired of reading the good bye letters from great employees. Oh well good luck.

:) Go with pride and your head held high, and know in your heart that for 25 years you were able to make a difference in the lives of both the people you worked with and the people you served.
It is because of people like yourself that people have not only recieved good quality service but also have come to expect it. The company loses another truly great asset and has nothing in return for it.
My wish to you is that you find joy and peace in your future career and look back upon this airline and remember, we all had good times. :)

I also wish you the best of luck. I can more that understand how you feel as my career of 26 years came to a close yesterday as well. As difficult as it was to go in for the last time, I am glad that I did. There were many sad goodbye's said between my co-workers that had become like a second family to me. Our Station was a good one, and it is a shame that we were tossed out like trash by the Company that we had been dedicated to for many years. A part of me is very sad to see this come to an end, and on the other side, I am glad that it is over. The AX had been hanging over out heads for so long that it became the Norm to us. I am fortunate to have started another job a few months ago when I knew the end was near with this Company. The other job is not the same as this one, but then again there are No others that are like the Airlines. I know that there are Hundreds out there that are going thru the same thing, and be assured that you will survive one way or another. I have done this job since I graduated High School, and I loved it from the start. It became apparent that the Industry was changing for the worse in the past few years. There is no future here even if the Comapny survives with the cuts that have taken place. Our wages have gone backwards to the tune of 20 years in my case. There are no benefits after retirement with pensions teminated, and medical coverage gone as well. Good luck to all on these boards that I have gone back and forth with over the years. I will continue to monitor the posts, but most likely won't have any more responses since I am no longer a part of the Comapny.

To All,

I am stunned and humbled by your support and warm regards. It means more than you can know.

I have truly valued our conversations here.

For the front line troops that remain, I wish you well. God knows you deserve it.

For our loyal passengers, I hope reliable and convenient service is restored, and that Art finally gets rational fares.

For those who have departed U; to have done well in this industry, you have some real talents. Use them, and live well.

Again, thank you.

Dio

Diogenes--

As someone who started off in the Piedmont days myself, I can certainly relate to your sadness at seeing how far down this company has gone. But every ending is also the beginning of something new. I wish you the best of luck in that new life!

Dio, My very best of luck to you!

I'll be out the door in ....3.5 yrs...I certainly WILL NOT Last until 65 in this mess..

My time is counting down..

Tired of working EVERY WEEKEND.
SOme go on furlough, then decide after 4 yrs to return only to bump every one else..

21 yrs=mon/tues off..the only salvation I DONT WORK PM'M with all those NEW HIRES>>>>

Oy Vey!!!

Here;s a toast to you my friend..

**raises glasses high*** :up: