catholic church

God is a God of mercy, but He's also a God of Justice. Just because some churches interpret the bible wrong doesn't mean that all do.

How do you know you and your church aren't interpreting the bible incorrectly?

How do you know you and your church aren't interpreting the bible incorrectly?
Amen.

Rather than place your belief in Mans doctrine, why not go to the True Source and ask GOD for his Comforter to guide your steps?

Here is a link that may shed some light and point you into the right direction.

http://www.letusreason.org/Trin4.htm
I checked, but God wasn't the webmaster on that site. It was a lot of words that were written by MEN, and interpreted by MEN. Last I checked, man was fallible. You might BELIEVE that those are the words and thoughts of God, and that's fine. But the bible has gone thru many changes over the centuries, reinterpreted by Catholics, Protestants, Evangelicals and others.

Amen.
I checked, but God wasn't the webmaster on that site. It was a lot of words that were written by MEN, and interpreted by MEN. Last I checked, man was fallible. You might BELIEVE that those are the words and thoughts of God, and that's fine. But the bible has gone thru many changes over the centuries, reinterpreted by Catholics, Protestants, Evangelicals and others.

I never ascribed that website to GOD, simply pointing out that searching the word and asking the spirit to give comfort and guideance.

Would'nt expect you to know the keys to answers, after all by your own admission 'its the mass' that gets you off.

'

Just like the bible was written by MEN.

Inspired by whom?

I never ascribed that website to GOD, simply pointing out that searching the word and asking the spirit to give comfort and guideance.

Would'nt expect you to know the keys to answers, after all by your own admission 'its the mass' that gets you off.
I admited that the mass was beautiful. But I am sure that you feel that I am an idol worshiping (how DARE you pray to Mary) heathen who will rot and burn in hell because I don't "accept Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and saviour". Whatever you want to believe is hunky dory with me. Appaerently the Catholic church isn't guided by God..it's guided by a pope (some feel the antichrist will be a pope...do you). But you point to websites that were interpreted by men. You believe what the men wrote...believe it to be the truth and the light. But they intepreted what they felt was God's intention. They might say the HOly Spirit guided them...the pope says it all the time. Is HIS Holy Spirit somehow inferior to YOUR Holy Spirit? Sometimes I think this world would be better off without churchs - you've got Islamofacists that think I'm wrong and Christofascists that think I'm wrong. When you think about it...much of your thinking falls in line with that of Muslim thinking...my way is the only way, the right way.

I think you are all hopeless. Regarding religion, not one person on this board will change their stance. Whether we acknowledge it or not, we are all stubborn on this board. Sure, go ahead and fling your religious posts about the 'true church' or contraceptives; but the issue is more or less moot because not one person on this board will reconsider their position.

With that said, I might as well tell you my opinion, even though it is moot. This is your cue to tell me I am a hypocrite now.

I belong to a non-affiliated, non-denominational church. It is comprised of only 1 church; it is not a collection of churches. We have a limited set of core-beliefs that most individuals adhere to. For example, we all believe in the savior (Christ), the resurrection, the trinity. Basically, we believe in the gospel story. If the Bible does not take a direct stance against an activity (as it does for murder, stealing, or lying) then my church does not make that decision for the church-goers. That is a decision between you and God and the church does not need to act as an intermediary between you and God; you can access Him by yourself. This goes for things like contraceptive, alcohol consumption, and political parties.

Of course, the leaders of the church would give you guidance and tell you their opinion; but it is still a decision that is to be made between you and God. He gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit for a reason; that reason was to allow a direct connection with God.

Lastly, we believe that the "true church" is the collection of believers that are saved by God's grace. It doesn't matter if you are Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Amish, or anything else. As long as you truly believe and have faith in the death, resurrection, and atonement for our sins.

I am NOT suggesting that ALL Catholics, Baptist, etc. are part of the so-called 'true church' and will spend eternity in Heaven, as I am fully aware that many people in all those churches are not truly believers. Your salvation is dependent on a decision YOU made, not a decision the church or your parents made for you.

Ok, before I begin to sound like 700 (club), I am going to quit.

I'm giving your post a 'Double' "Amen" :up:

Amen, amen, amen, amen, amen
sing it over
See the little baby
Wrapped in a manger on Christmas morning
singing in the temple
Talking with the elders
Tomorrow there's wisdom

Hallelujah
Down at the Jordan
John was baptizing and saving all sinners
See him at the seaside
Talking with the fisherman
And made them disciples

Keep on pushin now
Hallelujah now

B) UT

I was just pointing out that just because some churches don't interpret correctly

Remarkable! You have the wisdom to determine that some churches are incorrect.

What is your problem with the Catholics?

Sounds to me like you're a wannabe but just don't have the sack. Goofy.

Go ahead with your unidentified 'new age' church where everything is peachy and nobody ever hears the word "no". Don't worry, be happy!

Sure, some Catholics disagree and don't adhere to all the rules.

So do people who follow other faiths.

Be proud of whatever you do.

It's as simple as this...religion is based on FAITH. FAITH that what you have been taught and how it makes you feel is the absolute truth. The once thing that is certain is that FAITH is far stronger than KNOWLEDGE. People confuse the two often when we talk about religion but religion is based on FAITH. Religion is our way to explain the unexplainable. FAITH has caused more deaths, wars, genocide, etc than any KNOWLEDGE ever has. Is that wrong? No. I believe that faith is needed in life...whatever you put your faith into. But the fact that there have been so many deaths, war, genocide, etc due to faith show its extreme power. Faith flares tempers (just look at these boards on a small scale and then look at the Middle East on a much larger scale) b/c everybody believes that what they place their all-powerful faith into is the end all be all. No faith will ever "win" and nobody will ever win a religious debate. The power of faith is greater than any other power...no matter what your faith may be.

I admited that the mass was beautiful. But I am sure that you feel that I am an idol worshiping (how DARE you pray to Mary) heathen who will rot and burn in hell because I don't "accept Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and saviour". Whatever you want to believe is hunky dory with me. Appaerently the Catholic church isn't guided by God..it's guided by a pope (some feel the antichrist will be a pope...do you). But you point to websites that were interpreted by men. You believe what the men wrote...believe it to be the truth and the light. But they intepreted what they felt was God's intention. They might say the HOly Spirit guided them...the pope says it all the time. Is HIS Holy Spirit somehow inferior to YOUR Holy Spirit? Sometimes I think this world would be better off without churchs - you've got Islamofacists that think I'm wrong and Christofascists that think I'm wrong. When you think about it...much of your thinking falls in line with that of Muslim thinking...my way is the only way, the right way.

KC Im not the one who will judge your Soul, the Bible teaches that Christ already paid the price for your Salvation, you have been redeemed thru his suffering and atonement. You can choose to accept or reject that, it does'nt change the fact.

Obviously men did write the bible thru the inspiration of the Holy Spirit as they were moved, it is no secret that Mans influence has played its part. but the message of a loving, forgiving, merciful GOD is what christianity brought to the table, the same can not be said about Islam.

As for as the Pope being the antichrist I personally thru my understanding of the WORD disagree with that silly notion.

There are only 4 verses in scripture that actually use the word Antichrist:

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:

1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

I think that eliminates the Pope don't you?

I challenge you to point out where christians and Muslims share the same GOD and the same teachings, No doubt there are some who profess to be 'Christian' yet Ignore the teachings of Christ, Just as there are those who claim to be 'Muslim' and Ignore the Teachings of Muhammad.

KC Im not the one who will judge your Soul, the Bible teaches that Christ already paid the price for your Salvation, you have been redeemed thru his suffering and atonement. You can choose to accept or reject that, it does'nt change the fact.

I believe that God created a "10 point plan" for living, and that Jesus pretty much taught from that script, although he did throw in a word or two about forgiveness and helping the poor.
Obviously men did write the bible thru the inspiration of the Holy Spirit as they were moved, it is no secret that Mans influence has played its part. but the message of a loving, forgiving, merciful GOD is what christianity brought to the table, the same can not be said about Islam.
Sorry...your friend 700 and yourself disprove that...700 has condemned everyone and their dog on this board to hell, and you aren't exactly practicing what a "loving, forgiving, merciful" God has taught. What would Jesus say about your stance on Islam or those websites you point to? do you believe the parts about love, forgiveness and mercy, or are you just choosing not to practice it?

I challenge you to point out where christians and Muslims share the same GOD and the same teachings, No doubt there are some who profess to be 'Christian' yet Ignore the teachings of Christ, Just as there are those who claim to be 'Muslim' and Ignore the Teachings of Muhammad.
Shoot, we've got enough trouble trying to point out where different Christian religions share the same God and same teachings, you really complicate things trying to point out similarities between the Muslim, Hindu or other religions God.

What would Jesus say about your stance on Islam or those websites you point to?

Allow me to point out to you what Jesus would say about my stance on Islam:

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:

1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Islam teaches that Jesus was only a prophet no different than Muhammad and deny his diety as the 'Son Of GOD', in fact Muhammad is considered greater than Jesus because in Islam Muhhamad is Considered the Last Prophet.

Islam teaches that Jesus was only a prophet no different than Muhammad and deny his diety as the 'Son Of GOD', in fact Muhammad is considered greater than Jesus because in Islam Muhhamad is Considered the Last Prophet.

Duh. They are two different religions. Just b/c you say one is right means that the "freaks" on the other side (Islam) are wrong? Christianity preaches that Jesus is greater than Muhammed. The whole basis of a religion isn't to worship the persons of another religion. You #### b/c Muhammed is considered greater than Jesus in Islam? C'mon...what do you expect? Islam is not Christianity. Just as Muhammed and his followers are the "antichrist" in your eyes through your literal interpretation of the bible.

I'm Christian but I have enough power behind my thought to know what faith means in each religion and like I said in my previous post...no faith will ever "win" the battle of faiths. The strength of convictions as you point out with your illogical argument on how Islam is wrong b/c they don't worship Jesus (again...no crap...Jesus is not a supreme figure in Islam just like Muhammed is not supreme in Christianity) will keep the divide. That's why there isn't any point in debating religions. If you believe strong enough in your faith and you adhere to its principals, then that is all you have to worry about. Argueing religions is like trying to fill a strainer with water. You just can't do it. Especially with your logic.

Latest posts