Censorship of Information by Burchette

Actually Boomer if you look at the picture it is a Vilociraptor the Dinosoar, Raptor for short, there was a time when I was like a Vilociraptor, but even raptors get old and tired. :rolleyes: I'll pass the torch to guys like you take it and run.

No comments on this article :unsure:

sorry my bad

Raptor,
You have the energy to have enrolled in US Aviation in '03, more than a year after me, plus the energy to have posted more topics and postings complimentary of the TWU than I've been able to in toto. Lately you have become agnostic with respect to Unions, but, are, by your words apathetic with respect to system change. Yet you remain firmly rooted in preservation of your gig and the current system malfunction: TUL.

Wikipedia-Velociraptor

Per your description of your earlier self as a "velociraptor" : meaning 'swift thief', a genus of dromaeosaurid theropod dinosaur that existed approximately 83 to 70 Ma (million years ago) during the later part of the Cretaceous Period.

What we know is that you have described yourself, in an earlier life, as a "swift thief"; that created threads supportive of the TWU and is now avowedly apathetic only up to the point that you see a light at the end of your personal 'tunnel". We do not know if the light you percieve is sunlight, an oncoming train or a miners' headlight; nor do we actually understand what constitutes your personal tunnel.

We do know that when you describe yourself in your younger years, you were energetic and younger: a "swift thief". Unfortuneatly, your period ended about 70 Million years ago. End state: you've been dead for a long time. PS...I think others are beginning to get the smell.

Good luck with an outcome you can live with; but, don't think for an instance that I would place myself or those about whom I care in harms' way defending anything you have represented as "standing" for...

raptor
One entry found.

Etymology: New Latin Raptores, former order name, from Latin, plural of raptor plunderer, from rapere
Date: 1873

1: bird of prey
: a carnivorous bird (as a hawk, falcon, or vulture) that feeds wholly or chiefly on meat taken by hunting or on carrion

2[New Latin -raptor (as in velociraptor)] : a usually small-to-medium-sized predatory dinosaur (as a velociraptor or deinonychus)

Raptor,
What we know is that you have described yourself, in an earlier life, as a "swift thief"; that created threads supportive of the TWU and is now avowedly apathetic only up to the point that you see a light at the end of your personal 'tunnel". We do not know if the light you percieve is sunlight, an oncoming train or a miners' headlight; nor do we actually understand what constitutes your personal tunnel.

We do know that when you describe yourself in your younger years, you were energetic and younger: a "swift thief". Unfortuneatly, your period ended about 70 Million years ago. End state: you've been dead for a long time. PS...I think others are beginning to get the smell.

Good luck with an outcome you can live with; but, don't think for an instance that I would place myself or those about whom I care in harms' way defending anything you have represented as "standing" for...
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Raptor,
You have the energy to have enrolled in US Aviation in '03, more than a year after me, plus the energy to have posted more topics and postings complimentary of the TWU than I've been able to in toto. Lately you have become agnostic with respect to Unions, but, are, by your words apathetic with respect to system change. Yet you remain firmly rooted in preservation of your gig and the current system malfunction: TUL.

Wikipedia-Velociraptor

Per your description of your earlier self as a "velociraptor" : meaning 'swift thief', a genus of dromaeosaurid theropod dinosaur that existed approximately 83 to 70 Ma (million years ago) during the later part of the Cretaceous Period.

raptor
One entry found.

Etymology: New Latin Raptores, former order name, from Latin, plural of raptor plunderer, from rapere
Date: 1873

1: bird of prey
: a carnivorous bird (as a hawk, falcon, or vulture) that feeds wholly or chiefly on meat taken by hunting or on carrion

2[New Latin -raptor (as in velociraptor)] : a usually small-to-medium-sized predatory dinosaur (as a velociraptor or deinonychus)

This was the definition I was going for at the time.

But that definition really doesn't suit me lately, I don't have the energy or the drive to hunt anymore :rolleyes:
now I probably resemble the prey more. :unsure:

Boomer I like your post It is very witty and well thought out, I should be offended but it is so interesting that I find it hard to be offended, you really put some effort into this, I thought about hitting you with a witty come back but then I thought about how much work it would be to try to match, so I think I will just concede this round to you.

You win. :up: you have more energy than me.

Just so you know I have NEVER been a fan of the TWU nor am I too crazy about Unions in general, I have never been crazy about putting my fate in the hands of the Majority, it just does not work well for me, I am not a people person, I am more of a me and my family person, if I had to do it all over again, I would have went in an entirely different direction, different career and not in a Union, the light at the end of the personal tunnel is retirement in 10 years at 55, my main goal is to raise my son and get out of AA as soon as feasably possible.
As far as why I come to this Forum from time to time........ I really don't know why, it is a huge waste of time, I guess I come for the entertainment when I am bored and maybe to try and get information.
The Majority of my post's were during the AMFA drive as an organizer, Remember the Airline's Pay and Benefits chart that was so popular, I'm the one that made it. :rolleyes: I worked my ass off on that drive and got a hell of alot of cards signed, I guess it was the last bit of fight I had in me.

P.S. I went 10 years without a drug test before the drive, after the drive now they drug test me about every 6 months and I had to sick the AMFA lawyers on my supervisor cause he was bound and determined to fire me for organizing, he even ripped the AMFA stickers off of my toolbox and gloated about it to my face, that turned out to be a bad idea though as the company was not as amused by it as he was.

I will say that I do not purposely try to piss anyone off that is not my style, I just call it the way I see it.
Tulsa is a really great place to kick back, relax and just enjoy life, maybe raise a few farm animals, or grow some corn. :rolleyes:
I guess I am just to happy these days to be upset all the time about Pay or Benefits or even the TWU, although Burchette does have a nack for pissing me off for some reason, I just don't like that guy. I just want to finnish my 10 years and bail, assuming of course that AA does not file Bankruptcy or sell off Maintenance, one of which seems very likely. :angry:

Keep up the good fight Boomer, I hope you get what makes you happy, just don't get your hopes up to much about Tulsa, as in the past I don't think we will be much help to you.
I would bet good money there won't be a strike or a blue Zebra in Mechanics future there has not been one in like 40 years, so I don't see one happening for this contract, of course it is probably for the best it did not work out for Northwest. :(

BOOMER SOONER

Got it thanks
I guess that means he resides in Tulsa as well. :up:
got any cow's Boomer, maybe some corn, or maybe a kid, if you don't have some of these get some it will take your mind
off of Pay and Benefits and Unions. :rolleyes:

How about a Pickem up Truck got one of those.
I am thinking about taking the horse into work from now on to save on gas if I could figure out where to park him.

By the way what does Boomer mean/stand for ? :unsure:

Not that I'm obligated, but, the name Boomer is borrowed from a nickname for a Crew Chief that brought me on board and demonstrated what it really meant to do the job the right way, the first time, every time.

He was human, he had his faults; but he never failed to answer from his corner when one of his men was down, challenged or in trouble.

During one of my last conversations with him, he asked me to take the chance on the TWU and, "do some good for the guys."

Since that time, and his passing, I took him up on his challenge; we had some sucesses and a lot more failures but, in my sector, we never left any man on the field.

I have no confidence in the current leadership or structure of the TWU, but, I will never refuse to cover one of my men or project where we are versus where we need to be.

Regards,
Boomer

By the way what does Boomer mean/stand for ? :unsure:

Not that I'm obligated, but, the name Boomer is borrowed from a nickname for a Crew Chief that brought me on board and demonstrated what it really meant to do the job the right way, the first time, every time.

He was human, he had his faults; but he never failed to answer from his corner when one of his men was down, challenged or in trouble.

During one of my last conversations with him, he asked me to take the chance on the TWU and, "do some good for the guys."

Since that time, and his passing, I took him up on his challenge; we had some sucesses and a lot more failures but, in my sector, we never left any man on the field.

I have no confidence in the current leadership or structure of the TWU, but, I will never refuse to cover one of my men or project where we are versus where we need to be.

OBTW: have a great family for whom I'm fighting. I'd be glad to give you a hand when your'e up to fightin versus flamin'. As for the horse: I think he'd end up on the General Gow menu if he was parked for more than a minute, if you get my drift.

Regards,
Boomer