Change of Control Award

The IAM at USAirways is like Rocky Moselle of the International Star Registry.... :shock:

Selling you something they can never deliver. :down: :down:

SL
Hilarious but unfortunately true.

At any rate, today's headlines strongly suggest why Parker desperately needs a transition agreement.
"...investment research firm UBS raised its ratings for the legacy group in the belief a major tie-up is likely within the next six months. Such a deal would put pressure on other carriers to consolidate.
"We think a Delta/Northwest deal is most likely," UBS said in an investor note, adding that this "would likely put investor pressure on Continental to act, perhaps by merging with United."

As Boss Canale rightly pointed out in his own letter, US AIRWAYS can not participate in a merger without an agreement from the IAM.

No wonder why Parker immediately ran back to the negotiations table and the IAM is already scrambling to manufacture 'gloom and doom' negotiations. The network has something for those boys and we aintz kiddn. We'z tighter than 'two coatz of paint'. It might be time to 'hold off' to put the 'squeeze on' and root out more money. Where he getz the money for all his merger talk???? Where he getz all the money to appoint two new VP's? Where he getz all this? We say "Giveme sum!" "We gots to gets some of that there stuff too!
I thought Goldenram sez he aintz got none?

Separately, the Continental rampers rejected the TWU earlier today.

regards,

You certainly have all of the answers Tim!

You will find out, that what you are about to be offered will not differ that much from what you previously rejected. You can continue to live in a world that denies this reality, and continue to steer a group of people to follow your twisted thinking. See me in a few months when the next shoe drops!

Golden one

If you're so convinced that the next OFFER will not differ that much from what we previously rejected, then we will reject this one also. It has to be

acceptable. The one thing that FREEDOM left out was the profit sharing. If that in any way is not in there from 2007, then there will be alot of pissed off

people and there should be no further negotiating by this " IAM CLAN " for us.

Views and hopes of solidarity is what I think TIM brings to the table. I think some people are on this board just for curiosity sake and state opinions that

don't pertain to their situation. I found that this board provides a lot of information that you would'nt get otherwise. You certainly have those who can't

express themselves openly at their stations for fear of what I don't know. This offer will have to be good. Everyone " I think " knows that, so if you have

some insight as to the " small changes " please enighten us.

I am a ramper and I have no idea what Parker or his brother Al are thinking. All I know is that they and we need to get this done. Enough of the BS.

Bring us " Good Contract Language " and we will bring it back 10 fold and change the Airline environment.

Now what insight do you have GR ?

sonofsamsonite :ph34r:

Golden one

If you're so convinced that the next OFFER will not differ that much from what we previously rejected, then we will reject this one also. It has to be

acceptable. The one thing that FREEDOM left out was the profit sharing. If that in any way is not in there from 2007, then there will be alot of pissed off

people and there should be no further negotiating by this " IAM CLAN " for us.

Views and hopes of solidarity is what I think TIM brings to the table. I think some people are on this board just for curiosity sake and state opinions that

don't pertain to their situation. I found that this board provides a lot of information that you would'nt get otherwise. You certainly have those who can't

express themselves openly at their stations for fear of what I don't know. This offer will have to be good. Everyone " I think " knows that, so if you have

some insight as to the " small changes " please enighten us.

I am a ramper and I have no idea what Parker or his brother Al are thinking. All I know is that they and we need to get this done. Enough of the BS.

Bring us " Good Contract Language " and we will bring it back 10 fold and change the Airline environment.

Now what insight do you have GR ?

sonofsamsonite :ph34r:

The one thing that would be most profane is to give Parker what he wants without a vote [especially since rampers at east and west are the lowest paid in the industry and this company is making record profits].
That would include merging the west into the east contract without getting nothing in return and giving up key things from the west contract. Major changes to the east contract would require a vote, regardless of 2 year extension or not.

regards,

The one thing that would be most profane is to give Parker what he wants without a vote [especially since rampers at east and west are the lowest paid in the industry and this company is making record profits].
That would include merging the west into the east contract without getting nothing in return and giving up key things from the west contract. Major changes to the east contract would require a vote, regardless of 2 year extension or not.

regards,

Tim

I can't even imagine not getting to vote. Please enlighten me. I could have said TA instead of " contract Language " but the word transition Seems to leave a voided taste in my mouth after that first P. O S...

Old Members! 700 Hundred and united airlines Tim Nelson: your insite is welcome! How we are going to CONVINCE! an airline ( only a pion against OTHERS! is the problem).

We all could have taken a bet that the alleged, "neutral arbitrator" would have sided with the company. Hell, the stock is currently trading above 10 bucks a share just about a 500% decline from its high...and now the doom and gloom retorhic that the company is entering financial straits....less than2 years after its SECOND BK (boy, that was quick).

Geez-louise....who couldn't have guessed there wouldn't be an arbitrator in existence that would take the responsibiity and side with the union for any "snap back" that WE ALL KNEW SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED!!! Contract interpretation my azzzes....and now the union is out the fricken arbitration money. What a racket...we should all be arbitrators for a living.

For the love of god..what are you good people doing still working for this company?????? Bottom reality....they just took all your money, pension, to line the inestors, BOD and execs pockets. The company is back were it started in 2001 ON THE RAPID DECLINE. :down:

You certainly have all of the answers Tim!

You will find out, that what you are about to be offered will not differ that much from what you previously rejected. You can continue to live in a world that denies this reality, and continue to steer a group of people to follow your twisted thinking. See me in a few months when the next shoe drops!
When the next shoe drops? Don't you mean, when the ballots are counted at the 141 elections.
What you don't realize, we are tired of the 100,000 dolar club leaching off our backs and expecting
the rank and file to vote in what ever the Canaleites say we should. You have forgotten what ramp life is all about. Take this message back to the boyz.... we will only vote for a fair and equitable agreement.
Why do I care if there's a transition agreement? I'm not transfering west, besides on 1/14/09
I'll be getting a WHOPPING 17 cent an hour raise, you are responsible for that, are you proud.
Each morning when you get up, do you look in the mirror and tell yourself what a great job
you've done the day before?
regards

regards,
Tim,
what major changes? I believe the ONLY thing that would require a vote would be an extension. That is assuming of course that any offers would be to enhance our existing cba. I believe that if an offer comes without an extension , then it can be accepted without a vote.

Pitbull,

Actually Richard Bloch is a very good arbitrator, he has heard numerous cases involving the IAM and US.

He was the arbitrator in the Airbus Outsourcing and the 401k Pension Match, both sucessfully won by the IAM.

I am disapointed in the outcome of the COC, but you win some you lose some.

σας ενα καυτο σεξι Μαμα, :lol:

Pitbull,

Actually Richard Bloch is a very good arbitrator, he has heard numerous cases involving the IAM and US.

He was the arbitrator in the Airbus Outsourcing and the 401k Pension Match, both sucessfully won by the IAM.

I am disapointed in the outcome of the COC, but you win some you lose some.

σας ενα καυτο σεξι Μαμα, :lol:

Yea, I can comprehend Greek, too! :lol: Thanks.

Hope you are well, my friend. and Happy New Year!

Goldenram
"You will find out, that what you are about to be offered will not differ that much from what you previously rejected. You can continue to live in a world that denies this reality, and continue to steer a group of people to follow your twisted thinking. See me in a few months when the next shoe drops!"

SO what your saying is there really WON'T be any neg. coming up , lets just change the date have a few beers with dougie and co

and go back to the membership. Well then. I really don't see the need for your presence on the neg team . might as well get your

Knee pads and hearing protection out and come throw bags cause YOU Will NOT be NEG any further CONTRACTS after MAR .

AS far as having your Grievance Committee going around and trying to sell what YOU NEG. IT won't happen this time. It's TIME

you come out and face the music. YOUR puppets are no longer around

I have read post after post about all the CBA's that were negotiated and by whom, BK's and what the courts made the IAM do, how Doug screwed up everything great about the long glorious history of US, Canale needs to go (but nobody is getting him out after all the crap that the IAM forced down our throat) and countless other topics of belly aching.....will the people of this airline stand together FOR ONCE? EVER? I haven't seen any hint of it - this is not the 1st merger for US. I work side by side with East and West people - good people that want to have something to be proud of everyday, that try their hardest to make things better for our customers. But I truely feel that when push comes to shove it will be a low turn out, whispers in the hall of what should have - could have been, it was somebody else's fault, this is the best we can do or get.....everyone out for themselves kind of end to this tail spin. I hope not....but 1000's of posts seem to point to it. Makes for a great recipe for a transition....and if your smoking banana leaves - even better fixin's for another merger.

No offense, but when I was a gate agent, all I ever heard from every passenger was how bad US Air sucked. And you guys WERE close to bankruptcy. But I'm not here to argue so agree to disagree with me.

Guys, don't settle for no profit sharing and a weak raise. We deserve both. Their logic was that the raise was to protect us in case there would be a non profitable year. Well guess what. We are going to profit for many a year to come. We DESERVE the raise regardless, and if we don't turn a profit than so be it, we don't get any money. If we DID turn a profit, than everybody should be included. It's BULLSHIT that they would try to sell out our profit sharing. They correlated the two, but it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Just, like Tim and gang say, it was all a ploy by our weak, WEAK, sellout, union to save the company money.

There more I think about this the more pissed off I become so I'll stop.

Why in the world the profit sharing be removed from the CBA's?

I IAM gave it away in the fleet tentative agreement and said that they gave it away for other things that are guaranteed whereas profit sharing isn't guaranteed unless there is a profit. Yes I understand that but what I don't understand is how giving upp profit sharing saves the company anything and why the company would even care about where it goes. Isn't the profit sharing pool the same amount figured on a formula? So in essence you are giving your profit sharing up to the rest of the employee's? This sounds like something the stupid IAM would propose not something the company would come up with. Anyone that votes yes on a tentative that doesn't leave the profit sharing intact needs to have their head examined. You would be giving away something, that doesn't effect the companies cost, to other employee groups.

Latest posts

Back