Change of Pace: Things you LIKE about the merger

Spoke to a DL executive today. Elite pax for US are leaving in droves and are being awarded elite status on other airlines. Also, she told me that DL is picking up our corporate accounts like crazy!

This inexperienced management team is destroying this company. If they went back to Sabre half of our problems would be solved. I give it 2 years at best.

so.......(long pause for thought process).... maybe the silver lining will be to actually get to non-rev this summer since we have run off quite a few Elite FF's to other airlines. Yea, thats it......should last maybe for at least awhile, I can hope anyway. Truly a positive scenario created by alienating our best customers. First Class here I come!!!

I like all of the vouchers and "Make Good" upgrades I've been getting. Still have a little over $400.00 left in vouchers :up: :up: :up:

Oh yeah! :D I have $314 in vouchers I received for luggage and travel irregularities for a trip I took in March the week after the cutover! I hear they are a b**** to use.

so.......(long pause for thought process).... maybe the silver lining will be to actually get to non-rev this summer since we have run off quite a few Elite FF's to other airlines. Yea, thats it......should last maybe for at least awhile, I can hope anyway. Truly a positive scenario created by alienating our best customers. First Class here I come!!!

Actually, it's even worse. US needs two non-elite passengers to replace one elite (bu-bye 46% revenue premium, plus the cost of carrying the second passenger).

Actually, JS, it's even worse. To replace 1 elite's revenue for a year it would take 20 or more Ma and Pa Kettles.

I was looking at it on a per-trip basis. But you're right, it would require about 20 different individuals over a year, which means more $$$ in marketing, undercutting fares, advertising, etc. It seems like a bad idea but US seems to think it's a winner.

As a customer, about the only thing that I have seen that is good, is the res center is in the US.

The rest is down hill, sorry about the 'tude but its the truth

I had to rebook a reservation for my son's return from college in Hawaii. I dreaded the thought of calling reservations, because the last time I did I spoke with an agent who was hard to understand and wound up booking on United instead.

I was pleasantly surprised to have the phone answered quickly and talk to an agent that I could understand. The ticket change was more pleasant that I imagined (except for the change in fare.) More companies should bring their call centers back to the US.

Bringing more res back from offshore contractors is a good thing. They have cost us millions trying to correct their mistakes.

Latest posts