Us Airways Could Seek Merger, Chairman Says

like i said....we give MORE concessions...then we save the airline.
what do you think will then happen when we are merged or bought?
you will take a further paycut under the new owners contract...so think on it.

delldude said:
I believe according to most buisness guru's we have to look good to be bought or merged. At this point the best we could hope for is to have our house "in order" to go to the alter, rather than to be dismantled.

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways will not publicly share all of the details for competitive reasons, but we are moving forward.
There is nothing that the current executive team could come up with that is either innovative or a major competitive advantage worth keeping the wraps on.

The strategic planners at other airlines are currently laughing their proverbial rears off every time CCY is quoted in the paper.

Really. Dave, Ben and the gang lack the acumen to come up with anything that's going to bother other airlines.

usfliboi said:
delldude said:
I believe according to most buisness guru's we have to look good to be bought or merged. At this point the best we could hope for is to have our house "in order" to go to the alter, rather than to be dismantled.
we give back now to save the airline......
new owner with a much lower contract takes more....
new owner cuts duplicate services,facilities......employees....
now what do you have?
quick fix to delay the inevitable......

"US Airways will not publicly share all of the details for competitive reasons, but we are moving forward."

Sounds like the typical statement: "National Security!"

Perhaps the plan is as ugly, as the one UAL originally tried to pawn to the ATSB.

Somehow, I doubt throwing away good money after bad will either.

Right. So why do I want to throw any more of my good money away after they have done zilch with what I gave them before?

crazyincanton