Changes to District Lodge structure?

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
With the IAM alliance is it likely there will be changes to DL 141/142 at US? Will TWU represented AA fleet service employees at IAM stations pay an initiation fee and becomes members of their respective district lodge? How do the respective district lodges fit in with the IAM-TWU alliance?

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
I would think the combined AA group would have enough mass to justify a single DL, no? From a negotiating stand point wouldn't it also be better to have both groups under the same district? As it is, US is overshadowed by UA in DL 141, seems much of the districts efforts over the past few years have been for UA negotiations.

Josh

There will be no changes at the district level, the IAM is the IAM and the TWU is TWU.

Each union will remain independent if each other and no structural changes will happen,p.

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
There will be no changes at the district level, the IAM is the IAM and the TWU is TWU. Each union will remain independent if each other and no structural changes will happen,p.
This whole alliance arrangement is so stupid, no one can actually figure out what it is and who will actually be representing them. And anytime someone asks the question you attack them, saying they are stupid, and should consult the ambiguous literature posted online.

Wouldn't it make sense to have the new AA in a single DL?

Local lodge level? So in BOS, for example, do the TWU represented fleet employees begin paying dues to DL 141 and LL 1726? Do the IAM LLs in TWU locations lose those dues payers? Will the TWU employees pay initiation fees to the IAM?

Josh

Reactions: 3 people
Kev3188 said:
Answers to all three: I would think so?
Have to ask how quickly did DL 143 dissolve following IAM de-certification at NWA? If memory serves me the results were not upheld/interference charges dismissed until late 2011, more than a year after the election took place. Did the certification for AS get transferred from DL 143 to DL 142? Will the IAM give new AA their own DL?

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052970203413304577085123428966172

Josh

I guess you dont know how to read Josh.

In the Alliance agreement it is spelled out quite clear, can you not read and comprehend?

And its up to the members if they want it or not, what you think has no bearing on it.

I have told you nothing is going to change at the District level and no AA will not be getting their own district as the representation will be split.

And no one is paying initiation fees if the alliance is approved.

You really have no clue.

Reactions: 4 people
Typical somehow I knew you would just paste a link and call me ignorant. Still doesn't answer the question.

Josh

Have to ask how quickly did DL 143 dissolve following IAM de-certification at NWA? If memory serves me the results were not upheld/interference charges dismissed until late 2011, more than a year after the election took place. Did the certification for AS get transferred from DL 143 to DL 142? Will the IAM give new AA their own DL?

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052970203413304577085123428966172

Josh
I'd have to look, but I want to say that it was 6 mos. after the final interference ruling(s) that 143 was shut down and folded into 142? Don't quote me on that, though.

IMO, fleet at the "new" AA will be large enough to warrant it's own DL. That won't happen as long as this alliance is based on geographic lines, and not classification ones, though.

I assume 700's correct, and the current structures that are in place now will remain going forward (assuming the alliance comes to fruition).

the way our shop steward understands it and he explained it to us  is that the iam represents usairways  and the twu represents aa  

Is the actual written agreement I posted in PDF not good enough for you joshie?

I mean do you want me to get the man who wrote it call you?

LOL

700UW said:
I mean do you want me to get the man who wrote it call you?
Sure thing, happy to PM you my phone number or I can contact IAM headquarters as I have done before.

Josh

Once again, nothing is going to change in the structure of the IAM at US Airways, the stations are split up all ready and lodges are all ready in place.

142 will represent the IAM stations per the agreement.

robbedagain said:
the way our shop steward understands it and he explained it to us  is that the iam represents usairways  and the twu represents aa
So I'm clear-a current US fleet service employee at say, MIA, will remain IAM represented but pay dues to the TWU with MIA being a TWU station? Similarly an AA employee at BOS will pay IAM dues but retain TWU representation? That's a silly agreement.

Josh

Latest posts