Changes to District Lodge structure?

700UW said:
Once again, nothing is going to change in the structure of the IAM at US Airways, the stations are split up all ready and lodges are all ready in place.

142 will represent the IAM stations per the agreement.
Who will be contacting me from the IAMAW?

And if 142 will represent IAM stations that is a change, company boy don't you know DL 141 represents fleet and DL 142 represents M&R? What about the TWU employees at IAM designated stations?

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
6. Q: Will I still be a member of my Union, or will I become a member of the Association?

A: The Association will have no members, but it will hold certification for the combined work group. Union membership will be based on a person’s location, as outlined in Appendix B to each Association agreement.

7. Q: Will the structure of either Union change at any level?

A: No. TWU and IAM will remain separate and independent, but they will jointly administer the single contract negotiated and ratified by the classification following completion of the merger for their respective members.

Q: What methodology was used to allocate station representation to each Union?

A: The guiding principle was the fair standard of each Union retaining responsibility of representation based on the percentage of membership with which they entered the Alliance. A snapshot of station staffing lists was used to determine system membership numbers, and then the lists were used to show which union had the majority of members working at each station or location.

2. Q: When were the station assignments determined and where did the employee information come from?

A: The best efforts of both unions were used to determine employee numbers at each carrier and at each location when discussions began in February 2013. These numbers were used by both TWU and IAM representatives to determine representation allocation. The Association agreements recognize final and accurate numbers will be supplied by the respective carriers as of the payroll closing date(s) immediately prior to the signing of the agreements. If necessary, adjustments may be made to Appendix B after the final snapshot is received from the carriers.

1. Q: Would my dues remain the same even if responsibility for my location shifts to a different Alliance member?

A: No. Dues will be determined under the Constitution and bylaws of the Union with representation responsibility for the location.

2. Q: Will our dues structure be different at each station depending on which Union is servicing the members there?

A: Yes. The TWU and IAM have different dues structures. The TWU has a 2x the hourly rate dues structure. IAM dues vary and are set by the membership of each Local Lodge.

Reactions: 3 people
What a joke, you are just like john john the master of copy and paste. Was Tom Brickner involved with the alliance before his retirement?

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
A joke?

That is the actual information from the agreement.

The only joke is you Mr Crooked JP Morgan, the best thing is it doesnt matter what you think cause you dont have a vote nor a dog in the fight.

You ask questions and they get answered and its apparent you dont comprehend the information provided.

Reactions: 2 people
Who will be contacting me from the IAMAW? Ira Levy? Sito? Tim Kilma? Tom Regan?

Josh

No one as you dont matter in this Alliance.

Sorry-wrong-number-random-31438416-380-480.jpg

Brothers/Sisters ? Status quo for at least 18-24 months . IMO there should be a realignment of District association of Members. There is and never has been LUV between UA/CO and US/LCC/AMR Airline Workers both above wing and below wing. However, until it's a threat or benefit  to current District/International Leadership it's STATUS QUO ! Change will start at Locals and move up the pyramid . Follow the MONEY . Happy Holidays.

No one really knows how this is going to work out. This is massive desperation on the TWU and IAM in order to keep the dues coming. No other reason than that. But of course you will have the usual spin doctors. Go ahead spin away.

737823 said:
Sure thing, happy to PM you my phone number or I can contact IAM headquarters as I have done before.

Josh
PM him ur number so he can pass it on. 

1AA said:
No one really knows how this is going to work out. This is massive desperation on the TWU and IAM in order to keep the dues coming. No other reason than that. But of course you will have the usual spin doctors. Go ahead spin away.
Lots of Leverage...that's how i see it. If you see it a different way than fine. We need to get back what has been lost and i firmly believe the time has arrived.

mike i agree with you bro    if the donkeys want a smooth transition and scs  then they better improve our contracts now   as orgac says   lock and loaded

737823 said:
So I'm clear-a current US fleet service employee at say, MIA, will remain IAM represented but pay dues to the TWU with MIA being a TWU station? Similarly an AA employee at BOS will pay IAM dues but retain TWU representation? That's a silly agreement.Josh

Pretty much everything the IAM does is silly. I have no experience with the TWU, but it seems to me they are peas from the same pod. My life became immeasurably better once I got the IAM out of it and I know a lot of former US guys that feel the same way after they moved on in life.

Latest posts