Chc Grads

R22Captain

Jan 22, 2004
just wondering if anybody on here is a CHC school grad? I'm in Buttonville now and just wondering what the people who have graced this hanger before me are up to?

And the Penticton guys and gals can play along too of course! :p

22 Cap:
I logged time in fnv, var, lar, bfl, nle, and cir. about six years ago out of buttonville. dont know how many of those machines are still around at that base.
I have been working out west flying in the heli portable seismic part of the buisness.
Is kirk still the man in charge out there?
Does every one still live in the hangar?

Went through Sudbury (Lively) way back in '95. Had tons of fun flying with Doug Tomkins & Dave Lammanen. Drinking on someone elses solo/licence was the highlight. Patti was the best!

bag swinnger said:
22 Cap:
I logged time in fnv, var, lar, bfl, nle, and cir. about six years ago out of buttonville. dont know how many of those machines are still around at that base.
I have been working out west flying in the heli portable seismic part of the buisness.
Is kirk still the man in charge out there?
Does every one still live in the hangar?
BFL and NLE are still kicking............the rest are gone on to other owners or heli heaven.

Yes kirk is still "da man" and I'm writing to you from the luxurious back room or the ol hanger......CTV shaking the walls will never get old. Good to hear you're flying!!!! Always a sign of hope!

I received my training in 91/92 at the Sudbury base as well...FIO, FKW, the beta 22??? :huh: and NLE. Doug Tomkins and Rob Carroll were my trusty leaders then...A-1 training :up: Kinda miss doin full-ons! :shock: Still working on the east coast. Dave L. was working on his instuctors, Dennis Venturi and his boots, and John Shultz and his amazing tales in the 500...I had alot of laughs there and learnt plenty....just wish I still remembered it all :blink:must be the hittin 40 thing!

and I'm still flogging around in a 206! :wacko:

22 cap
ah the old back room, I liked it for the buissness jets taking off on runway 21 5:00 am at 250 feet away from my bed, s76' and astars landing twenty five feet away. Hot in the summer time though had to steal and re route airconditioning ducts from the neighbours just so we would not melt in that tin shack. is that dolly still operational?

bag swinnger said:
22 cap
ah the old back room, I liked it for the buissness jets taking off on runway 21 5:00 am at 250 feet away from my bed, s76' and astars landing twenty five feet away. Hot in the summer time though had to steal and re route airconditioning ducts from the neighbours just so we would not melt in that tin shack. is that dolly still operational?
yes well it's January and the back room is about plus 7 on good nights.......maybe have to re-route some heating ducts ;) The dollie still works like a charm.....move it daily to retreave lost ping-pong balls. Oh yeah....the odd chopper as well.....haha

Chevy......you from the east coast origianlly? I'm from Halifax and did my fixed wing training there at Shearwater and pumped gas at the Avitat for a year. I heard.....well read through you......that Cougar's VFR work is gone.....what is Vision Air Services Inc.....east coast still?

I was in there somewhere about 2000.Can’t remember with all theses wiggly pops. Been out on the wet coast doing heli logging…… :p :rolleyes: :D :shock:

tDawe said:
Is that private (and beautiful) red ASTAR still tucked away next door?
Nope it's gone and replaced with a shiney EC120.....apparently the ASTAR wasn't quite what he wanted.....:D

I was there with Chevy2. He forgot Rick Hewitt was instructing there at the time. The solo, and ride parties must have been good, since I seem to have a bit of memory missing. ;) :D Mind it too could be the 40 YO thing too. :blink:

The Beta2 was BVL, and FNV had just gotten back from Robinson. QKT was sometimes brought up from T.O. for training, and HKJ (206LR) would be brought in to do the Lively winter carnival, and the snow mobile races. Remember that one Chevy2 ?? Our course had quite the international flavour to it. We had an Icelander, a Spaniard, a Swiss (with his miss :p ), 2 from the east, one from the north, and me from the west.

I'm out west flying summer contracts on mediums. Did the seismic, diamond drill, sampling thing, now happily chasing fires in the summer.

Cheers

Randy...your right, I forgot about Rick H. My apologies Rick if your reading this. I wish I could find some of the pics you took. Maybe Randy could post our class pic, I believe you have a copy. Would love to see it for laffs! :rolleyes:

Chevy......you from the east coast origianlly? I'm from Halifax and did my fixed wing training there at Shearwater and pumped gas at the Avitat for a year. I heard.....well read through you......that Cougar's VFR work is gone.....what is Vision Air Services Inc.....east coast still?[END QUOTE}

22 Captain...I'm from Nova Scotia (YHZ) originally and still somewhat reluctant to leave again.

As far as Vision Air Services goes...The new company starts off where the old VFR department left off in CYHZ. Same machines, same customers and essentially the same crew minus the previous infrastructure. :rolleyes:

Chevy2, that pic is perched on the wall of my comp room. When I get a new scanner (might not be for awhile though), I'll scan it and send you a copy.

Heard from G.B. not too long ago. He's with a 214 operator out west, and he was with the machine in Sydney, Aus. Don't know if he was wrenching or flying. Have you heard from the newf ?? Wondered what happened to him. My roomate R.C. got on flying as co-jo on mediums fighting fires in Spain, but have no idea where he is now. I thought I saw a pic of him (in helicopters mag) at NMH doing some training a few years ago. Unfortunately Mike R. didn't mention the names of the 2 Spanish looking guys.

Cheers

CHEVY II said:
22 Captain...I'm from Nova Scotia (YHZ) originally and still somewhat reluctant to leave again.

As far as Vision Air Services goes...The new company starts off where the old VFR department left off in CYHZ. Same machines, same customers and essentially the same crew minus the previous infrastructure. :rolleyes:
yes i would do anything to be back in Nova Scotia when I'm done....but may be a long shot till I get some hours in. Nice flying over familiar places! Next time I'm in halifax I'll be sure to drop by.......what hanger are you guys in.....still in the Shell?

Latest posts

Back