China route authority to be awarded on Tuesday...

D

delta777

Delta is on the list to receive one (possibly 2???) of the China routes. My guess is ATL-PVG for 2007/08 and ATL-PEK for 2009. Supposedly Mary Peters, the Secretary of Transportation will be in ATL on Tuesday to personally inform CEO Richard Anderson of the decision. Are there possibly 777-300ER's on the way to the Big D???

For Secretary Peters to personally come to ATL, one would think she would have TWO awards to give. ;-)

I think its highly unlikely that Delta would be given the next 2 openings. Its more likely we will see CAL or AA with the 09 frequency

I think its highly unlikely that Delta would be given the next 2 openings. Its more likely we will see CAL or AA with the 09 frequency

I agree with you.

Delta gets the 2007 (that was a given when the DOT said there was a rebuttable presumption that it was for new entrants only) but my money is on CO getting the 2009. If AA wins it, I'll be pleasantly surprised. DL get both? Doubtful.

There are 35 frequencies available for award in 2009 - enough for 5 awards for daily service, so there should be multiple recipients.

Jim

Or FA Mikey - Lets go for UAL, which whipped out both AA and CAL on the last go round... In 2009 AA will be in full swing with negotiations and their pilots, It will be interesting. I will put my money on UAL San Francisco to Guangzhou..

Or FA Mikey - Lets go for UAL, which whipped out both AA and CAL on the last go round... In 2009 AA will be in full swing with negotiations and their pilots, It will be interesting. I will put my money on UAL San Francisco to Guangzhou..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(Oh boy, I know THIS will start a FIRESTORM) !!!!

"Beauty";

Knowing how bad Tilton "wants to ride off into the $unset", UAL could be broken up by 09'

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(Oh boy, I know THIS will start a FIRESTORM) !!!!

"Beauty";

Knowing how bad Tilton "wants to ride off into the $unset", UAL could be broken up by 09'

Well, not really NHBB... Anything can happen - and I definitely know that Tilton and gang are out for themselves... However our revenue for the third quarter preview was quite well, better than its peers... AMR stock was downgraded due to performance and competition. Also it seems as if the pilots and AMR aren't seeing eye to eye on negotiations, I have a feeling it could get real sticky so don't put the cart before the horse. Chop Away... This isn't the end all be all for me... so remain crouching like a tiger, but not for too long, or you will be really sore when you get up.

"Crouching like a tiger but not for too long"????

The next China route authority will go to whichever airline presents a new city pairing.

If Airtran wants to connect CAK-CAN and they'll 'promise' to obtain the necessary aircraft then they win the new route. Just like what US is attempting.

Only sure thing is that UA and/or Tilton et al will not be in business by 2009.

"Crouching like a tiger but not for too long"????

The next China route authority will go to whichever airline presents a new city pairing.

If Airtran wants to connect CAK-CAN and they'll 'promise' to obtain the necessary aircraft then they win the new route. Just like what US is attempting.

Only sure thing is that UA and/or Tilton et al will not be in business by 2009.

Well now that was predictable, By 2009 huh? That is a quick spiral down when UAL is making a profit... But yeah Tilton will need to be oustered for sure.

I thought that one route went to an airline that did not serve CHINA currently is this wrong ?

Under the new agreement, the number of daily round-trip flights will jump to 23 from the current 10 within five years. One flight will be awarded this year and next followed by four in 2009, three in 2010 and two each in 2011 and 2012. The 2008 service will be limited to Guangzhou.

The United States will designate three additional passenger carriers to fly to China — one in 2007 and two in 2009. Transportation officials said the 2007 slot would go to an airline that currently does not fly to China.

Back