China route authority to be awarded on Tuesday...

Delta gets Shanghai route, but not second route to Beijing.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mikey,

IMO...Secratary Peters "played this VERY predictable"

1. DL 08' was a given.
2. UAL(because their proposal was to CANTON ONLY) made sense in 08' as well.
3. (The easiest choice for her) throw AA,CO,NW, and even US a "bone" in 09'
4. The biggest mystery, is where does the 5th..09' award go to(my guess DL)because it gives ALL the legacy's a trip to PVG, and Peiking.(except US, who is NOT a Legacy carrier)

I've still got a strong feeling, that before the first 09' China flt. leaves the runway in the USA, that there will have been some sort of a "Shakeup" in the Industry. :shock: :shock:

UAL has been awarded the San Francisco - Guangzhou route and has already announced they'll begin service there beginning in March of next year. From the announcement it appears that the remaining awards to CO, AMR, NWA, and US Airways will be for service beginning in 2009.

Again, UAL comes out the big winner and the only carrier offering service to Guangzhou. That'll bring to 6 the number of non-stops to mainland China. If you add in the non-stops to Hong Kong it'll be a total of 10 flights (3 current flights plus LAX in spring '08). Everyone else is fighting for second place.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

4. The biggest mystery, is where does the 5th..09' award go to(my guess DL)because it gives ALL the legacy's a trip to PVG, and Peiking.(except US, who is NOT a Legacy carrier)

There were only 28 weekly frequencies available for US carriers in 2009. There will be an additional 3 daily frequencies available in 2010 and another 2 or 3 in 2011. I expect DL will be a shoe-in candidate for one of the awards in 2010, assuming they still apply for ATL-PEK as will UA for their LAX-PVG route.

There were only 28 weekly frequencies available for US carriers in 2009. There will be an additional 3 daily frequencies available in 2010 and another 2 or 3 in 2011. I expect DL will be a shoe-in candidate for one of the awards in 2010, assuming they still apply for ATL-PEK as will UA for their LAX-PVG route.

I'm sure there are others who will apply for LAX-PVG.

I'm sure there are others who will apply for LAX-PVG.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd expect AA to request a DFW/PVG, then nothing more, regarding China., unless they want to Invest in 777-200LR a/c, in which case they'd apply for JFK/PEK

Back