City of Dallas still in talks with Delta about Love Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for finding your posts, E.

Since AA execs have come out and said that the impact on AA has been larger than they expected, I clearly DID NOT overstate the impact.

and note that some of those posts go back 10 years.

and I still say that when we see DOT data, it will become clear that WN has enormous ability to carry passengers that have used DFW from DAL instead.

given that WN carries 50% or more of the combined DAL/DFW market to STL, MCI, as well as other more traditional markets, it is absolutely to be expected that AA's share of the combined DAL/DFW market to the cities that are served from DAL will drop.

Given that VX and WN are both flying markets like DCA and LGA that weren't served from DAL before and VX did not serve from DFW, the number of markets with significant shift will be far larger than a lot of people believe.

swamt just made a fool out of himself and should apologize.

eolesen said:
Sorry bout that E. Just stating what I remembered you posting as well as my self. But thx for the info...

sorry you really didn't remember accurately but still can't apologize for calling some a liar when in fact you were the one that is wrong?

and, just in case we forgot what the topic is, DL is still at DAL and there is no confirmation whatsoever that will change.

and when the next round of DOT data comes out that shows how well WN has done, it will be all the more difficult for WN to argue that it needs protection or should be allowed to obtain more gates.

it's no wonder WN has been trying so hard to rush the process.

Because I was not wrong moron. I was correct when I said that you posted that E said the fall of the W/A would have no affect on AA. E then posted that he never said it as well and posted examples of what he did post. The opology I made to E was for speaking for him. You did still lie about what E said...

Reactions: 1 person
He said it was vastly overstated and everything else short of saying that it would have no effect.

He himself acknowledged it would have minimal effect when AA execs said it was more than they expected and I said that WN would have a major impact on AA.

of course you aren't a big enough person to admit that you were wrong.

and neither is E.

No one is surprised.

strange that hE argued that WN would hand DL's butt to them in ATL and in fact WN has been in full retreat ever since the merger was announced.

and it is not over

the simple fact is that WN is kicking AA's butt in N. Texas as I said they would - which means both that AA is working double time to try to minimize the effect of WN's growth and that WN doesn't need any protection from AA or any other legacy carrier and the strength of WN's results make it clear that the DOJ needs to protect N. Texas consumers from WN's domination of the market.

I smell an antitrust case coming not too far down the road.

no, actually those who want to take about a highly competitive industry and can't hear the actual facts without belittling other people are the ones that need help

WN is doing all it can to try to build its fortress as tight as possible before anyone finds out how well they are really doing... but the best part about the airline industry is that there is a huge amount of publicly available data that makes it very easy to see that WN is not hurting in the least and doesn't need any protection from anyone - and should be subject to the same antitrust regulations that every other airline has to live with in their hubs.

swamt  bro   its not worthy of fighting with a mentally delusional manic who thinks he is always right   who thinks DL can do no wrong  etc   he just a former rev mgmt. clown who has been proven wrong time and time again by number of posters 

Reactions: 3 people
I'm sorry but when you or others say someone has mental issues because they say something business related that you don't want to hear, the problem is in you, not me.

these are business issues... not your mother, not your religion or alma mater, not even your job.

When you and others can talk about business issues without turning it personal, then you might find things improve between us.

You should also be able to perceive after all these years what happens when you and others resort to these attacks - it never works the way you want.

robbedagain said:
swamt  bro   its not worthy of fighting with a mentally delusional manic who thinks he is always right   who thinks DL can do no wrong  etc   he just a former rev mgmt. clown who has been proven wrong time and time again by number of posters 
I know. Just wish the ignore feature would include all his postings even when someone else responds to him, it would be so much better IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
robbedagain said:
swamt  bro   its not worthy of fighting with a mentally delusional manic who thinks he is always right
I don't think WT's particularly delusional, but he does exhibit some traits which are commonly associated with Asperger's... he can't help it.

swamt said:
I know. Just wish the ignore feature would include all his postings even when someone else responds to him, it would be so much better IMO.
Just resist the urge to respond, and you'll do fine, even when he turns the absurdity dial up higher in the hopes you'll jump back in and respond.

for someone that is so quick to diagnose other people, E, you possess an incredibly pathological INABILITY to see yourself the way you really are - including making statements that are flat out factually inaccurate from LFs on a particular routes to what has been cancelled or reduced and what hasn't.

and then you have a long list of predictions which you have made such as what would happen with WN that hasn't worked out the way you though too.

The problem you have with WN and with me is that I accurately predicted what would happen with both DL and AA's interactions with WN in ATL and N. Texas respectively - and the two stories couldn't be any more different.

and the reason why AA and DL have had very different outcomes competing with WN might also be why AA was willing to walk away from DAL while DL is sticking it out and will continue to fight.

Seems like there should be a time limit after which the moderators should say that threads like this have to be closed because, to paraphrase those immortal words, news of DL's demise at DAL has been greatly exaggerated.

not surprisingly, one of us got the outcome right and another, well, sucked up to the fan base.

popular or right.... we clearly have different goals in participating here.

eolesen said:
Just resist the urge to respond, and you'll do fine, even when he turns the absurdity dial up higher in the hopes you'll jump back in and respond.
Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts