Cle Is Best For Ontime In Midwest

mrf777

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
CLE
www.usaviation.com
CLE beats other Midwest airports in on-time stats

The U.S. DOT reported more flights departed on time from CLE in August than from any other Midwest hub airport. CLE averaged 84.5 percent for on-time departures.

“This demonstrates the hard work and team spirit of Continental’s employees, who are dedicated to getting our customers where they need to go safely, efficiently and on time,â€￾ CLE Sr. Director Jon Roitman said.
:rolleyes:

New service CLE-DAB, and CLE-SRQ starts DEC 17th

uprgraded service RJ-to 737 & more service starting Nov/Dec
Miami
Orlando
Fort Myers
West Palm Beach
Denver
Tampa

look for more Commute Air service to be announced.

Any plans to reprieve CLE-LGW? Given the expanded KLM alliance, any chance of a CLE-AMS flight? AMS is a much better hub to access Europe than LGW (or ERW for that matter).

svqlba

CLE-LGW returns May 1st 2004(and already has pretty good bookings) and probably will operate year round begining in 2004. AMS has been a rumor in CLE for several months now, so I guess we have to wait and see what happens with KLM and Sky Team.

I would think CLE-AMS would have to be a 767, I dont think a 757 has the range. CLE-LGW should be a 767, I't sure has :rolleyes: good loads...by the way I've looked at LGW for 2004 and it already has some good bookings.

Is CLE the smallest network carrier midwest hub (save the newly revamped STL for AA)?

Give me a break CLE-AMS!?! Why on earth would CAL consider this with DTW right up the road to provide any connection needs (and then some) for Skyteam. Plus the simple fact is CAL uses EWR to feed what little international traffic CLE has, so why waste what few are around 767-200 when the airplane could be put to use in alot of better places.

I'm sorry to see it happen, but the writing is on the wall in CLE. For the most part the only places where Mainline flies to out of CLE are places where the XRJ cannot reach. Now we are beginning to see it where Express cities are being replaced by Commutair, ie CVG. It is only a matter of time before CAL is swallowed up by somebody in a merger, that is the future of this industry. When that happens the CLE hub is finished. I think its a shame and I wish we could clone the rampers/ops people and put them in EWR, but the bottom line is CLE as a hub has been a black hole financially.

mrf777 said:
CLE closing?....same rumor as 4 years ago.
Because it wasn't making money four years ago either. Fact doesn't change, CLE is a merger away from closing down...

mrf777, if I'm readng correctly SLC and XNA are now showing in the CLE summer schedules. XNA is "Walmart Int'l"?

mrf777,

From the downloadable schedule:

CO 1884 lv CLE 5:10PM ar SLC 7:00PM 73G eff. June 9
CO 3468* lv CLE 8:30PM ar XNA 10:00PM ER3 eff. June 6

I know sometimes CAL puts flights in the computer and then cancels them before they ever fly, CLE-YOW, for example; but SLC would be a return of an older flight and XNA would be a reasonable addition.

Wish they'd start BHM.