Cle Is Best For Ontime In Midwest

Rob, your right CLE-SLC with a 73G starting in June 2004. CO hasnt operated that route since 1997-98, its nice to see it come back. XNA hasnt been loaded in Res yet but I'll keep looking.

The summer schedule, with recent additions, now shows 274 flights for CAL/XJT/Commutair on peak days; more new flights have been hinted at. This is up from about 210 at its post-911 lows. These numbers do not indicate any intention on CAL's part to close the hub.

Spruance is probably right, however, that a merger would end it. Can't see a merger happening, though.

Can you fill us in on the other routes being tossed around?

No, I don't work for the company or have any knowledge beyond what's public. It's obvious that CAL is slowly filling in the old schedule, however. The 8:30PM bank was pretty sparse a year ago and it isn't any more, putting a lot of cities back up to five connecting banks instead of four. I suspect frequency increases will account for more growth than new routes.

Spruance thinks Amsterdam is a joke, but the beyond-AMS traffic is there if CAL wants to try and I suspect most Clevelanders would prefer to change planes in AMS rather than EWR. If CAL joins Skyteam, Paris becomes possible. It would be one or the other, though, not both.

CAL has tried Jacksonville a couple times; you might see that route come back - it SHOULD work.

Some routes I think we might see

CLE-PDX
CLE-JAX - I'm not sure why it left
CLE-COS
CLE-ABQ
CLE-SAV
CLE-TUS
CLE-CDG-long shot
CLE-FRA-long shot
CLE-HNL...ok just a dream, but it would work

mrf777 said:
Rob, your right CLE-SLC with a 73G starting in June 2004. CO hasnt operated that route since 1997-98, its nice to see it come back. XNA hasnt been loaded in Res yet but I'll keep looking.
CLE-XNA is loaded for April 4, 2003 :up:

Latest posts