Does any one know ?

towerclt

Jan 8, 2006
Last night in CLT all of the 2130 part timers (fleet service) were put on mandatory over time till almost 2200. Just pissed everyone off especially since they were not informed till less than 1/2 hour before off time. I guess we will now loose more new hires that we can't keep.
Any way does any one know why ? :down: :down: :down:

Last night in CLT all of the 2130 part timers (fleet service) were put on mandatory over time till almost 2200. Just pissed everyone off especially since they were not informed till less than 1/2 hour before off time. I guess we will now loose more new hires that we can't keep.

I am not in fleet service, but I do know it poured rain in CLT all evening. Could this have caused alot of delays? Would it be standard to put all on mandatory overtime if this were the case? Just asking?

If any of them are going to quit because they had to say for a lousey 1/2 hour, they shouldn't be in the Airline business to begin with. I used to always work PM shifts, and it was pretty much a given that we were all staying until the last flights got in. It was easy OT sitting around waiting to work a few flights that you were going to handle anyway on your regular shift. :p

I know I was really pissed. No delays showing on board. Things left pretty much on time. I almost walked, but since I'm in the hiring process for DEA not a good idea...

You say they were mandatoried until "almost" 2200. So, what, they had to stay 15-20 minutes past their shift? And what's your point? It's an airline, delays happen. Alot. It's the name of the game, if you don't like, it, there are plenty of other equally paying jobs out there. :rolleyes: Ridiculous....

I agree with the earlier posts. If people are almost walking or quiting over a 30 min last min shift extension they are in the wrong line of work. During summer Thunderstorm season I am often mandatoried more nights than not and it is usally a lot more than half and hour. I have made thousands of extra dollars per year on weather nights. I wonder when these folks are interviewed and hired if this concept is not being propery explained to them?

Respectfully

LGA777

Well since your ID is towerclt, I would guess u are just stirring up the poop. I would have thought it would be fresh in a new hires mind that nights/weekend/overtime is required.

They got half an hour notice they were extended? I can remember getting extended at the clock,card in hand waiting for the last minute to roll over while on probation.

A half hour extension? We used to get three hours with zero notice.

This isn't a nine to five "My shift is over, time to leave" job.Why don't they beat that into the skippies? n00bs today want to do as little as possible while checking their listing for that 6am SDQ every five minutes...

Well since your ID is towerclt, I would guess u are just stirring up the poop. I would have thought it would be fresh in a new hires mind that nights/weekend/overtime is required.

No not trying to stir up anything. I've taken days off & one of friends who is part time by choice (19 years) called & ask if I could find out why.
Personaly I could care less.

If any of them are going to quit because they had to say for a lousey 1/2 hour, they shouldn't be in the Airline business to begin with. I used to always work PM shifts, and it was pretty much a given that we were all staying until the last flights got in. It was easy OT sitting around waiting to work a few flights that you were going to handle anyway on your regular shift. :p
easy OT ? I was not aware this illustrious company paid OT anymore.. :huh:

Not trying to 'mix it up' but how about checking in for your transatlantic trip at 7pm for an 8:30pm flight...only to find out you're not scheduled to leave...(big IF and WHEN there) until 10:30 for an 8 hour flight. AHHH the airline industry...gotta love it!!!

Im a day shifter. I stayed 2 hrs passed my off time on wednsesday- $$ is going in my paycheck. not their's.
And Im at express wages. Making 4.00 less then the hubs.
Any other questions?

Back