Co-worker Stereotypes

Just Doing My Job Judy

Has a guilty look on her face whenever she interacts with passengers, and adds "I'm just doing my job" to the end of every sentence. "Sir that ticket will cost $1246, don't blame me I'm just doing my job". "Sir you bag weighs 99lbs so I'm going to have to charge you excess. Not my fault, just doing my job."

Fly Guy Fred

Usually a F/O on a narrow body aircraft. Obvious bulge always visible from tight uniform pants. Flirts with women and men alike, every comment he makes has a sexual connotation. He was dismissed from his first job at a commuter in the 80s for sexual harassment. Wears his epaulets to the hotel bars on layovers.

How Dare You Helen

Helen is a fifty something year old F/A that acts insulted when the agent asks if she is ready to board. Helen stands in the F/C galley during boarding offering no assistance and gives all carryons a double take. Scolds the agent when they come down to close the flight for allowing oversized carryons and threatens to write them up while she's gulping down a bottle of water from F/C. Stands with her arms folded and an exhausted look on her face as you close the A/C door.

Tantrum Tim:

CSA. Freaks out over everything!!! Wanna change your seat to an aisle? Dont ask Tim. Even if there is an aisle he doesnt know the entry. Will verbally spar with you over the most mundane comment. Then says to his co worker. Can you believe that passenger!!!!

Nitwit Nellie:

Manager. Tells you exactly what you want to hear. Stabs you in the back. Makes the rounds with a crappy grin on their face. Talks the talk CCY wants us to hear. Exchanges pleasantries with the minions then goes to their office to see who they can discipline today.

Transplant Tony: Bottom reserve Captain stationed in LGA. Is the "Cliff Claven" of US Airways (knows it all....not) :rolleyes: Real company brown-noser; bends over like a Cirque du Soleil acrobat to keep butt close to management. Keeps hat on to cover bald spot on head. Hair transplant surgery just couldn't stop time. Is usually broke because he's on wife number 3. Must depend on in-laws to support new wifes big house lifestyle.

Never Too Late Fred: Just as you finish closing up some work on the outside of the A/C in 0-15 degree weather and snowing. Never Too Late Fred comes out from a warm office and says " need a hand"?

Sounds like he knows glad to help you Geoff.

Light bulb Lee-(also known as the"Interior Minister") His eagerness to do the inside of the check is directly related to the outside air temp.The lower the air temp the more light bulbs needed.

Poor ole Pat-Came from Eastern and is still in mourning.Can't accept the fact that their gone.Has a million stories that all start with "when I was at Eastern"or "at Eastern we" and my favorite, "thats not how we did it at Eastern".

Record time Roger-Give him a clean weekly check and he's got that check done in record time.Give him the weekly check with an MEL and all of a sudden the weekly check takes a week.

Bag bin Johnny-Heads out to every airplane with fresh batteries in his head lamp a full pack of smokes and three rolls of bag bin tape

:lol: :p :shock:

Poor ole Pat-Came from Eastern and is still in mourning.Can't accept the fact that their gone.Has a million stories that all start with "when I was at Eastern"or "at Eastern we" and my favorite, "thats not how we did it at Eastern".

Boy isn't that the truth!

You really want to see these types get upset? Watch how they react when some of the more rational ex-EAL guys give an honest appraisal and point out some of the less pleasant aspects and faults of EAL in front of both of you; You've never seen someone get more defensive and angry.

Seniority Suzan

When you're standing in line for the loo, she'll jump in front of you because she's slightly more senior. Manages to bring up her seniority in every conversation. Has a panic attack every time someone more senior than her transfers into the station.

Level Three Larry

Larry is always on a level. Everything he does pushes the envelope and everyday you come to work you wonder if today's the day he's going to be fired. He knows the attendance control program's ins and outs and has a negative sick bank.
Rumor has it that he is untouchable because he saw a member of senior management in a compromising position back in the Shoefeld days.

Retirement Rena

Rena has submitted for retirement six times only to withdraw her request at the last minute every time. Your coworkers stopped throwing her a retirement party after the second false alarm. She is always in the break room on the phone waiting on hold to speak to someone from benefits.

Pathetic Patrick

In his early sixties but only has middle of the road seniority. Died his hair from grey to yellow to emulate Seth the Go Fares Guy, thinking that was totally rad. Patrick tries to impress the stoners and spring break crown traveling to CUN with anecdotes about his college road trips to BUF in the 60's. Uses corny, inappropriate humor when making announcements thinking that everybody loves it. Aspires to one day be a “Service Superstarâ€￾

High Iron said:
Boy isn't that the truth!

You really want to see these types get upset? Watch how they react when some of the more rational ex-EAL guys give an honest appraisal and point out some of the less pleasant aspects and faults of EAL in front of both of you; You've never seen someone get more defensive and angry.
[post="265628"][/post]​

ROTFLMAO!

I don't know what they put in the water at Eastern but damn...those people need to move on! I get up and walk away whenever the Eastern crowd starts about it. I can't imagine anyone will say anything about USAir when/if we close the doors!

How about:

Gabby Gary
He talks your ear off, then the passenger and you can check in the whole flight by the time he's done with the same passenger he took 35 minutes checking in.(the bad part is that you have no clue what the hell he is talking about )

Cell Phone Chrissy
She checks in one person, and then her cell rings and off she goes to chat for her 35 minute break/bathroom or whatever she finds an excuse to be doing.

Gotta love all the characters we work with :D

At least you know your day with be filled with entertanment. :p

hharotz said:
[Fly Guy Fred

Usually a F/O on a narrow body aircraft. Obvious bulge always visible from tight uniform pants. Flirts with women and men alike, every comment he makes has a sexual connotation. He was dismissed from his first job at a commuter in the 80s for sexual harassment. Wears his epaulets to the hotel bars on layovers.

[post="265567"][/post]​

:unsure: He's still around? I think I "dated" him... :ph34r:

JACK IN THE BOX JOHN

Everytime a conversation begins ole John pops his head up, over, under ........ any which way but loose - to butt into the discussion. Not only does he butt in, he gives his opinion which is often contrived from Ask Geeves. Never does he admit he's wrong and often he will argue a point until everyone walks away without another word.

YOU CANT DO THAT SALLY

I think Sally is in direct contact with the folks who make the assinine rules in the company cause every time you try to get a waiver for someone or do something out of the ordinary she's listening which both ears perked and ultimately tapping you on the shoulder saying " PSSSST YOU CANT DO THAT!!!" Veins are popping, eyes are bulging and she treating you like you destroyed the HOLY GRAIL. Come to think of it maybe she is related to JACK IN THE BOX.

BUT I'M ......... FRED

This is the one Silver Preferred who knows all the agents at the ATO and Res by name. He calls in on a weekly basis asking for a waiver and when you tell him no he says, "But I'm Silver Preferred." You decide to pull up tickets on his DM number and see Twenty back to backs, thirty RTs flown a oneways, numerous tickets that have invols on them when no flight irregs were involved, and he has thirty CS upgrades.
P.S. My reply to "But I'm" if they're a total jacka$$ is, "Well sir/ma'am this is an equal opportunity airline and we strive to treat all our passengers the same."

last but not least...........

REDIAL KYLE

Again a relation in the bunch. Redial Kyle is related to BUT I"m.......Fred. This is the one who calls at 1am ET trying to bargain with you or waive a change fee. His first attempt is often, "AWWWWW come on. I know you can do it. I bet if it was your mother you would." All attempts in vain he hangs up and calls back again not realizing that at 1am there aren't that many reissue agents on the clock and .......... he gets you again. The vicious cycle begins again and again and again until on the fourth attempt he finally realizes that he's either getting the same agent or he just wasted an hour of his time.

INVOL Ingrid

Never learned TIPS automated reissues because she was on FMLA during the training sessions. Processes everything with the only ticketing entry she knows: W:EXCH:INVOL ...need to change the return date on your ticket? W:EXCH:INVOL ....want to upgrade your flight? W:EXCH:INVOL....need to exchange an RTFC? W:EXCH:INVOL... The station trainers avoid her because they don't qute understand automated reissues themselves.

Offline Olga

You're travelling to CLT via PHL and you're flights delayed twelve minutes? Not a problem, Olga will protect you offline on AA/NW/CO. Thinks she is doing everyone in the station a favor by 'getting rid of the headaches'. Don't try to point out that she could have put them on a non-stop leaving in 45 minutes to CLT on US, because she will get defensive and point out that the flight on US is booked heavy and might go into oversales (booked 105/126). :eek:

Back