Co-worker Stereotypes

Disappearing Dave :huh:
Will be at the ATO to check in one flight and then leaves to go on break never to be found (well at least for an hour)

Consumer Affairs Pat :down:
He will blame Us (MGMT) the way they run things and always hand out Consumer Affairs address and phone, and tell the customer to tell it to them.

VTO Vick :ph34r:
He VTO"s more than he works, (must be wealthy) not to have to come to work.

Trade Shift Tammy :lol:
Another one has every possible shift trade triangle down to a science.
Off more than she works (another wealthy agent )

fatherof2 said:
How about Dumb "Arse" Bruce?
Took a job as CEO of an airline, even though he had no airline experience.
His claim to fame was that he served on a Navy Sub.  (probably the Nautilas at Disneyland before they shut the ride down.) B)
[post="265825"][/post]​

That's Nautilus and it was the queen of an 8 sub fleet. They were the 9th largest sub fleet at the time just behind Turkey.

Mtnman

Hey,
Is SHELVY still around in DCA?? She hated new-hires, used to fly A, was only nice to the pax and if anyone came into the galley she would say, "there is too much navy in my galley!" She also used to count the headsets on the pax heads and ask the B for the money so she could count it and make sure it all matched up?

BMIBABYgirl737 said:
Hey,
Is SHELVY still around in DCA?? She hated new-hires, used to fly A, was only nice to the pax and if anyone came into the galley she would say, "there is too much navy in my galley!" She also used to count the headsets on the pax heads and ask the B for the money so she could count it and make sure it all matched up?
[post="266088"][/post]​

Is she about 70 years old? As a pax, and if it is the same person, she is really nice to the pax.

IFC Nazi: This is the FA who will not let a FC pax purchase an IFC meal under any circumstances. No, you cannot have the IFC meal. It is for coach passengers only. But, I'm willing to pay for it. No, you have to eat this turkey pastrami sandwich, you cannot buy the salad from the back, you are in FC and IFC meals are for coach passengers, we have to account for every meal. But, I'm willing to pay for it. It doesn't matter, I'll lose my job if I sell you one.

Rolls her eyes into her head Rolanda: As pax board, she comments as if they cannot hear her and rolls her eyes because she thinks they have too much luggage. Still, she does not force them to gate check their bag. She then, proceeds to tell everyone that the media has hyped up the problems with baggage claims in PHL even though Rolanda has never ever checked a bag to PHL and does not routinely wait for extended periods of time at the baggage carousels for her bag.

Ok, two or three from the front side of the cockpit door....

Probation Paul - In the first year of an airline career. Since there was a 50% pay cut involved in taking an airline job, tries to fill up on pretzels and coke before getting to the layover. Everything is new and exciting - even a short BUF layover in Janurary. Occasionally does the walk-around twice just for the thrill of it. (Considered extinct in some portions of the industry, but can occassionally be spotted at the "express" gates - look for the uniform without the shiny seat or wear marks from the seatbelt)

Grizzled Gary - Been around the block more than a few times and has the wrinkles and gray hair to prove it. Seen most everything and done most of it. So laid back that almost nothing gets him up tight (Engine fire? "Shucks, there goes that nice meal in MIA and the walk on South Beach. Better let ATC know we might have a little problem"). Still regularly prays to the Aviation Gods for letting him excape all the transgressions of his younger years unscathed, but now knows better than to do that again.

LION* Larry - (*Legend In Own Noggin) - Knows everything about everything - if you don't believe it just listen a couple of minutes. Believes he's God's gift to aviation. Insists on being addressed as "Captain" and leaves no doubt as to who's in charge. Often has progressed up the career chain rapidly during times of growth. While never furloughed, tells junior pilots facing it that "Furloughs are just part of paying your dues". During bad time in the industry, chases a Captain bid all over the system - the thought of going back to the right seat is just too painful.

Jim

US1YFARE said:
Is she about 70 years old?  As a pax, and if it is the same person, she is really nice to the pax.

IFC Nazi:  This is the FA who will not let a FC pax purchase an IFC meal under any circumstances.  No, you cannot have the IFC meal. It is for coach passengers only.  But, I'm willing to pay for it.  No, you have to eat this turkey pastrami sandwich, you cannot buy the salad from the back, you are in FC and IFC meals are for coach passengers, we have to account for every meal.  But, I'm willing to pay for it.  It doesn't matter, I'll lose my job if I sell you one.

Rolls her eyes into her head Rolanda:  As pax board, she comments as if they cannot hear her and rolls her eyes because she thinks they have too much luggage.  Still, she does not force them to gate check their bag.  She then, proceeds to tell everyone that the media has hyped up the problems with baggage claims in PHL even though Rolanda has never ever checked a bag to PHL and does not routinely wait for extended periods of time at the baggage carousels for her bag.
[post="266092"][/post]​
Yeah I would imagine pushing 70, she had about 40 or 42 yrs when I started back in 9-2000. There was a picture of her down in DCA Inflight for 40 yrs of service. A real big reality check for a 21 yr old new hire!

BMIBABYgirl737 said:
Yeah I would imagine pushing 70, she had about 40 or 42 yrs when I started back in 9-2000. There was a picture of her down in DCA Inflight for 40 yrs of service. A real big reality check for a 21 yr old new hire!
[post="266107"][/post]​

I think I actually heard her say "there is too much navy in the galley" on a flight between PHX and PHL--that's why I cracked up when I read your post. I recall that all of the FA's were annoyed by her, but she didn't care. She could barely push the cart to block the entrance to the cockpit. She did offer warm milk with the pax chocolate chip cookie--first and only time that has been offered to me. I haven't seen her in about 1 1/2 years.

America West Amanda

Seniority date: September, 2004
Already wears an America West lanyard and native American jewelry to work. All she talks about is how wonderful the merger is, how much of a hottie that Doug Parker is and how she can't wait to vacation in Pheonix. In the lunch room she smothers her McRib sandwich with a COSTCO sized bottle of HP sauce that she now carries in her purse. :rolleyes:

hharotz said:
America West Amanda

Seniority date: September, 2004
Already wears an America West lanyard and native American jewelry to work. All she talks about is how wonderful the merger is, how much of a hottie that Doug Parker is and how she can't wait to vacation in Pheonix. In the lunch room she smothers her McRib sandwich with a COSTCO sized bottle of HP sauce that she now carries in her purse. :rolleyes:
[post="272423"][/post]​

And...we see the first shot across the bow...

Watch out, HP. I knew this was going to happen.

StraaightTaalk said:

Watch out, HP.  I knew this was going to happen.
[post="272427"][/post]​

Go back to making sure the Wright Amendment keeps WN in the stable. AWA, ignore him. We fly US b/c of the frontline employees. And, we don't fly AA because of the frontline employees.

StraaightTaalk said:

Watch out, HP.  I knew this was going to happen.
[post="272427"][/post]​

I kid you not, she exists! CSS on duty even told her to take off the lanyard because we haven't merged yet. I almost died laughing when I saw her with her HP sauce! ...some people! :rolleyes:

I'm sure that HP has some eagar beavers about the merger with US too! Who wouldn't be exicted about working with US Airways Ursula and being able to use passes to go to CAK, ART and PQI?! :lol:

hharotz said:
I kid you not, she exists! CSS on duty even told her to take off the lanyard because we haven't merged yet. I almost died laughing when I saw her with her HP sauce! ...some people! :rolleyes:

I'm sure that HP has some eagar beavers about the merger with US too! Who wouldn't be exicted about working with US Airways Ursula and being able to use passes to go to CAK, ART and PQI?! :lol:
[post="272434"][/post]​

My apologies, Hharotz. :(

I was on vacation for a while, but now that I'm back I have to say this is the best topic I have read in a while on the board.

I wish I had the guts to share some stereotypes about the people I work with at a station using their nicknames. Unfortunately, some of them read this board and would immediately freak out and run to management. <_<

Chairmans Preferred Charlie

Spends more time on US Airways planes than he does at home. Has built up an immunity to the various fungi living within the center armrest of B737-400s. Charlie doesn’t bat an eye or even look up from his newspaper when a three hour Philly weather delay is announced or when a magnificent flying machine like N391US jerks to one side on take-off. His carry-on always fits, and he spends boarding chatting with the flight attendants about the seat art he saw on the back of 2D on N522AU last Tuesday. Takeoff rolls in excess of 45 seconds in lightly loaded 737s no longer frighten him. He doesn’t know liquor comes in sizes other than minis, has never actually seen much of Charlotte other than the US Club, and has been featured in Deb Thompson’s “Your Faultâ€￾ at least twice.

JAXPax said:
Chairmans Preferred Charlie

Spends more time on US Airways planes than he does at home. Has built up an immunity to the various fungi living within the center armrest of B737-400s. Charlie doesn’t bat an eye or even look up from his newspaper when a three hour Philly weather delay is announced or when a magnificent flying machine like N391US jerks to one side on take-off. His carry-on always fits, and he spends boarding chatting with the flight attendants about the seat art he saw on the back of 2D on N522AU last Tuesday. Takeoff rolls in excess of 45 seconds in lightly loaded 737s no longer frighten him. He doesn’t know liquor comes in sizes other than minis, has never actually seen much of Charlotte other than the US Club, and has been featured in Deb Thompson’s “Your Faultâ€￾ at least twice.
[post="279212"][/post]​

That's not true. Art has only been in the magazine once! :)