Consolidation Of Res In Int

RumorS

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
HOT OFF THE PRESS..... LETTER TO EMPLOYEES FROM MANAGEMENT

As you are aware, We are finalizing plans to consolidate our reservations operations in INT. Early out bid results will be provided by Monday, April 11, to those employees who have elected this option. Specific release dates within the assigned month will be provided approximately 30 days in advance.

Employees in PIT reservations and the dividend Miles Service Center have been given the opportunity to elect to transfer into the INT reservations office, and we will work with each employee to make their transition as easy as possible. There will be opportunities for all employees who have chosen to remain with the company to work in one of several duty assignments. An overview of the available duty assignments, along with details and a timeline for bidding a position, will be distributed to these employees today.

* The Air/Sea work will be transitioned into the Group and Meeting duty assignments.
* The Ticketing/Reservations Services and Fast duty assignments will be consolidated into one new group, Reservations Services.
* TLC work will be transitioned from Reservations to our Cargo Contact Center.
* The remaining Mainstream and International Sales work will focus primarily on our Gold and Silver Preferred Customers. Reps currently in mainstream or International Sales who choose not to bid into one of the Specialty Areas or who are not drafted into one of the Specialty areas will comprise this new "preferred" function.

Work to support these changes will begin immediately with implementation to be completed on or before August 1 for most functions.

In the long term, we intend to consolidate International and Domestic functions for Group and Meetings and for CSD(assist desk) in order to provide one-stop shopping for our internal and external customers and to better utilize the talent in our organization. The Chairman's Preferred personal Liaisons will receive additional training to begin handling International Travel for Chairman's Preferred members.

The Staffing numbers are out as well:

Chairman's....................80-90 reps
Fast QC.........................06-09 reps
Domestic CSD................70-80 reps
Groups Meeting ..............35-40 reps
International CSD............25-30 reps
Rates..............................50-65 reps
Reservations Service........40-50 reps
New Preferred Desk.........85-100 reps

This is the PLAN .. This should be interesting as it plays out!!!!

RumorS said:
The Chairman's Preferred personal Liaisons will receive additional training to begin handling International Travel for Chairman's Preferred members.
[post="261352"][/post]​
Well as some one who is sick about what is happening to some of the most professional and dedicated employees to ever work for any company, this is one thing we (as CP's) have been asking for. The folks on the third floor are wonderful, but I could never understand why the calls were transfered up stairs to start with.

If I could have my druthers, things would stay the way they are if it meant that 40% of you were not taking the EO. You will be missed more than you will ever know.

ClueByFour said:
Smells like all non-preferred or specialty calls are "going further south."
[post="261379"][/post]​

And with only 85-100 reps on the new "Preferred" desk, seems alot of those calls will HOLD for a long time!!!!!!!!!!! This is going to Very INTERESTING!!!!!!!

Will there be enough agents in INT left to cover all the functions there? Could be the company will have to hire. I heard about 75 agents from pit will be transferring.

deltawatch said:
Heard CRO training personal are on the way to the Philippines.
[post="261412"][/post]​

We have know this for some time... Not just CRO but several UNION reps that are trainers.... There records are posted all over the office... This office in Philippines is up and running. They are calling us in PIT for HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta love it. YOu see I don't mind helping. The more I help over the phone the sooner I am released!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up: :up:

Does the "30-day advance notice" for specific EO date mean no one is leaving for at least 30 days?

:up: Isn't the memo so nice of the company to work with the employees who are transferring to INT to a make their transition an easy as possible? How sweet. I bet that happens. It will be the first nice thing they've done for a long time.

Are there any INT agents that can tell me when the bid is due for the specialty areas?
Second questions- are agents that are currently in a specialty area being allowed to move? For example- will a group agent be able to bid for rates. If so won't there be an astronomical amount of training going on in INt for these areas? Who is going to answer the phones while everyone is in class? I guess they have 300-400 agents ready at atento and PRC to pick up the slack, cause PIT agents should be done by the end of July.
I am curious if INT will be awarded EO dates before PIT so the agents in INT can be repositioned to their new functions and trained. The EO dates are supposed to be released tommorow and there are alot of PIT agents wanting to leave- tommorow!