Us Airways Group, Inc. To Consolidate Pdt & Alg

Light Years said:
I mean the contracts with the actual carriers- how long are they contracted to US Express.
Mesa's has another 10 years I think....you can't hide from the purple ooze, Light Years.

ps. if that chick keeps moving like that, I'm going to throw up.

LightYears:

Luv ya lots but that moving head really is making me dizzy and several others have commented. Might wants to change that. Sorry....but I was debating on saying anything.

flyin2low said:
Since they are wholly owned, their "contracts" are forever unless they become un-wholly owned.
To translate for light years:

Does any one know when the contracts of the non-wholly-owned Express carriers end?

the turtle said:
So what you gonna do? Tell your wife/kids that you'll quit because now your a contract carrier like all the rest? Can't face your friends/family? become #xxx of xxxx?
Maybe ones wife and kids would not want one to work for 20-21 days a month or more away from home, for 72-74 hour pay credit and substandard benefits. Most can find something closer to home much better!

It's amazing that you guys will do this. You had your chance to stand up to Ornstein on the last contract but not the balls to do it!

Bluestreak said:
It looks like the piedmont pilots hold all the cards as far is merging the seniority list. Will the unions act like brothers or vultures?

Also I find it interesting that PSA was the first union to knuckle under to Siegels demands and then PSA gets the RJs. The Piedmont pilots were the second easiest for Dave to deal with and they get put in the drivers seat when it comes time to merge the two dash 8 operators. The ALG pilots fought concessions the hardest of all the wholly owneds and now they are now the most screwed over. I think in Dave's mind this is fair treatment.
As an ALG pilot, Dave can go screw himself.

ITRADE said:
AL crew bases:

BGM, MDT, SYR, SCE

PI crew bases:

SBY, EWN, CHO, ORF, PHF, CLT

AL maintenance base:

MDT

PI maintenance base:

SBY, CLT, ORF

I expect to see one or two crew bases disappear and maybe one maintenance base.

Anyhow, now that there will be one W/O turbo airline, will there also be one RJ airline??????
ALG also has a crew base in LGA

2ndtier said:
the biggest problem with this merger is ALG will be bringing over approx 360 pilots with less than half of their airplanes. not really a fair bargan for piedmont in terms of playing it out straight.
This whole situation is crappy, but the only fair method of merging seniority lists is straight date of hire. Would it be "fair" for a 4 year F/O with ALG to get the axe over a 1 or 2 year F/O with PDT. I didn't think so either. Like it or not, that's the nature of the business.

whitestone

This whole situation is crappy, but the only fair method of merging seniority lists is straight date of hire. Would it be "fair" for a 4 year F/O with ALG to get the axe over a 1 or 2 year F/O with PDT. I didn't think so either. Like it or not, that's the nature of the business.

not true you are only bringing 18 dash-8's to the table with 350+ pilots. the majority of the furloughs would be at piedmont. either way that you look at this it really sucks. I understand you opinion and part of me thinks that its right then again most of me just wants to keep my job.

3 years = not enough.

I think that all of this is rally a moot issue since I think that U mgmt has other plans most likely sell us down the river. why else would they give us only 10 days to make it work. this really sucks from either side!!!!!! either way that it turns out welcome to piedmont.

dont take offense to this post . this is only my opinion and nothing else.

ok, question is, how many people are on your (pdt) list with 3yr or less of seniorty?

at alg there are about 54 with 3 years or less time (first hires of '01) online (the true number is probably lower due to recent attrition) out a list of 342 (also subject to being lower, ie attrition)

not trying to start an argument just curious how pdt numbers stand in comparison.

2ndtier said:
whitestone

not true you are only bringing 18 dash-8's to the table with 350+ pilots. the majority of the furloughs would be at piedmont. either way that you look at this it really sucks. I understand you opinion and part of me thinks that its right then again most of me just wants to keep my job.

3 years = not enough.

I think that all of this is rally a moot issue since I think that U mgmt has other plans most likely sell us down the river. why else would they give us only 10 days to make it work. this really sucks from either side!!!!!! either way that it turns out welcome to piedmont.

dont take offense to this post . this is only my opinion and nothing else.
No offense taken. Just my opinion too. Hope to fly with you sometime.

Perhaps the answer to the problem should be that ALG and PIE retain ALL of their Dash 8s and start flying for not only US Express, but also United Express at IAD given that UAL is almost certainly going to lose ACA.