Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boeing 737-900

• Boeing 737-900ER (new)

• nothing

• Total voters
Having ridden regularly on Airbus and more recently on 737NG (737-700), I think the 737 was both more comfortable and quieter, especially at altitude. Not that it makes a difference, but I would like to see Boeing win the day--I think their airplanes are much better made, and I have been told that Boeing designs their airfames to last 30+ years, while Airbus has a 15-20 year life expectancy.

As stated above, cost of operating a 737 is lower, and I would imagine that comparing a 737-900ER to a 321, the performance alone would make the difference.

That said I think the order will go to the company most willing to drop their drawers on a deal.

Having ridden regularly on Airbus and more recently on 737NG (737-700), I think the 737 was both more comfortable and quieter, especially at altitude. Not that it makes a difference, but I would like to see Boeing win the day--I think their airplanes are much better made, and I have been told that Boeing designs their airfames to last 30+ years, while Airbus has a 15-20 year life expectancy.

As stated above, cost of operating a 737 is lower, and I would imagine that comparing a 737-900ER to a 321, the performance alone would make the difference.

That said I think the order will go to the company most willing to drop their drawers on a deal.

I agree with your last statement Art. So goes the money, so goes the deal.

Also, when we first got the 320s, we were told by our superiors and the reps that our A-320s were designed for a 38 year useful life. After looking at their airframes during heavy checks, I don't know of any obstacles to that.
From a pilot standpoint, I would rather spend a long flight in the Bus than the 737.

A320 Driver B)

And that's the name of the tune, folks.

From a pilot standpoint, I would rather spend a long flight in the Bus than the 737.
A320 Driver B)

You are like the third guy who flies 320 series airbii that I've heard or read say something to that effect. Is that seat really that good?

And that's the name of the tune, folks.
You are like the third guy who flies 320 series airbii that I've heard or read say something to that effect. Is that seat really that good?

The cockpit is wide with lots of room to keep your books and charts. It is well ventilated and yes, the seat is very comfortable and is positioned electrically (totally adjustable). I always wished I had a 1/4" drill when I flew the -300 so I could get my seat adjusted right :p .

Even with a jumpseat rider, it is a nice office for a cross country flight.

A320 Driver B)

Though I've never spent any time in the Airbus cockpit, I can certainly understand that the bigger fuselage cross-section provides more room, both in the front and the cabin. That advantage in comfort carries a price, however - higher operating cost. That bigger diameter fuselage carries both an aerodynamic and weight penalty.

Jim

The cockpit is wide with lots of room to keep your books and charts. It is well ventilated and yes, the seat is very comfortable and is positioned electrically (totally adjustable). I always wished I had a 1/4" drill when I flew the -300 so I could get my seat adjusted right :p .

Even with a jumpseat rider, it is a nice office for a cross country flight.

A320 Driver B)

Far superior to ANY model of the B737. And no yoke to get in the way plus a convenient stowable "work" table. The Bus wins this competition. No contest.

Nobody answered my question. The aircraft that were referenced in that article that are being returned in the first quarter of 2007, are they East or West a/c?

I agree with your last statement Art. So goes the money, so goes the deal.

Also, when we first got the 320s, we were told by our superiors and the reps that our A-320s were designed for a 38 year useful life. After looking at their airframes during heavy checks, I don't know of any obstacles to that.
A320 Driver B)

Um, while you may consider yourself inferior to any other pilot (that would comport with most any poll at AAA) most of us are comfortable that your sources are pretty much set up to feed you BS for disbursement to your fellow droolers. How does it feel to be a tool?

You venture a comment about "how you would feel on a long flight"? So, it is all about you and not the passengers, isn't it? The fact that the seat pitch is better on the 737 vs the AB concerns you not at all, it is all about you.

Actually, I can understand your concern with yourself and not the airline. It is all about you, is it not? Moron.

your request would have a lot more credibility if you were to offer it with a different avatar representing you...
just a guess?!? :blink:
---------------------------------------------------------

Hey who are you to talk about avatars???

Is that the latest rome trip of LCC f/a's......

Actually, I can understand your concern with yourself and not the airline. It is all about you, is it not? Moron.
As a passenger I would say the pilots comfort is a bit more important than mine. I would hope that US would ensure crew comfort as they spend more time on these planes than anyone (excluding mabey .01% of VFF)

Um, while you may consider yourself inferior to any other pilot (that would comport with most any poll at AAA) most of us are comfortable that your sources are pretty much set up to feed you BS for disbursement to your fellow droolers. How does it feel to be a tool?

You venture a comment about "how you would feel on a long flight"? So, it is all about you and not the passengers, isn't it? The fact that the seat pitch is better on the 737 vs the AB concerns you not at all, it is all about you.

HUH????

I think you got me confused with the other "A320" guy.

Thank you very much for the attack :down:

As for seat pitch, the airline decides how much seat pitch you have NOT the manufacturer. Just look at the thread regarding the new Airbus configuation. Management had them cram in more seats by reducing the seat pitch (sucks).
But the fact that Airbus' cabin is 7 inches wider than the Boeing does help some at the shoulders (or lower). ;)

A320 Driver B)

The buses had major corrosion before their first heavy check.

All the A320 narrow body family had to have their lav pans and other structural pieces replaced by the forward lav and the planes were not even two years old.

The buses had major corrosion before their first heavy check.

All the A320 narrow body family had to have their lav pans and other structural pieces replaced by the forward lav and the planes were not even two years old.

And Airbus paid for it, supplied the parts and corrected the problem on future deliveries with the lav pans being too thin. At least the Airbus has a bolt-in replaceable structure vs. the Boeing which has to have the structure cut and patched.

What else do you want?

A320 Driver B)

Didnt see that problem with any new Boeings we recieved.

Still caused new planes and planes less then two years old being out of service for corrosion and I helped build the kits, was not such an easy repair as you imply.

And the A320 is a disposable airplane, US knew it when it bought it.

Even the 330s had some corrosion problems when they went in for their first HMV visits.

Didnt see that problem with any new Boeings we recieved.

Still caused new planes and planes less then two years old being out of service for corrosion and I helped build the kits, was not such an easy repair as you imply.

And the A320 is a disposable airplane, US knew it when it bought it.

Even the 330s had some corrosion problems when they went in for their first HMV visits.

If by disposable, you mean "modular", then you would be correct. Easier to repair with less downtime. It was designed that way partially at the request of the operators.

I don't want to get into a contest with you over corrosion problems with Airbus vs Boeing (remember the convertable?). They both have certainly had their share of problems. Water meets metal and ...you have corrosion. It has and will be a problem with any airplane. We find it, we fix it, life goes on.

A320 Driver B)