Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boeing 737-900

• Boeing 737-900ER (new)

• nothing

• Total voters
NOt modular we replaced a keel beam in the tail of the A321 that tail dragged in PHL, ferried it to CLT and had to wait on parts from Toulouse.

Parts replace just Like Boeing, the Airbus, sheet metal and designs do require more maiantenance then their Boeing counterparts.

NOt modular we replaced a keel beam in the tail of the A321 that tail dragged in PHL, ferried it to CLT and had to wait on parts from Toulouse.

Parts replace just Like Boeing, the Airbus, sheet metal and designs do require more maiantenance then their Boeing counterparts.

You're just gonna have the last word or puke, aren't you 700? :p

Fine...I've got to go to work.

Have a nice day!

A320 Driver B)

I was on the floor, making, delivering the kits and necessary parts to the A320 for the mods and delivered lots of stringers to the A330.

Were you there?

Funny did not see any pilots overhauling the A330 or doing the mods to the A320 family a/c.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

I used to like the AB, thinking it was very customer and flight attendant friendly. But, i think i would like to see Boeing reintroduced to our fleet. They just seem like tanks. But that is just my opinion. Possilby I'm not liking the AB now because the sandcastle has completly obliterated everything it was supposed to be about....

I suspect that management will take a page out of the Wolfe book and come up with an aircraft order and tie it to the pilot’s transition agreement. That group loves to follow the dangling carrot.

From a pax perspective, I hope that before US gets any more A321s, they correct the ventilation problem. In the forward coach cabin, between rows 10 and 17, the cabin is incredibly hot. If they cool off that center cabin, then the people in F and the rear Y cabin freeze.

And then there's the disconcerting "clunk clunk" of the exit doors as the plane is taxiing and ascending before it is fully pressurized.

That's the only down-side I've seen as someone in the back of the bus. The upside is the slightly wider fuselage, and the fact that rollaboards can be stowed in the overhead front-to-back, instead of side-to-side on US Boeings.

The upside is the slightly wider fuselage, and the fact that rollaboards can be stowed in the overhead front-to-back, instead of side-to-side on US Boeings.

That's not a function of Airbus v. Boeing; AA has installed expanded overhead bins on its Boeing narrowbodies that permit bags to be stowed front-to-back. US just needs to install bin extensions.

That's not a function of Airbus v. Boeing; AA has installed expanded overhead bins on its Boeing narrowbodies that permit bags to be stowed front-to-back. US just needs to install bin extensions.
Just on their Boeings? What about the mad dogs?

Just on their Boeings? What about the mad dogs?

I didn't mention them because it seems unlikely that LCC would look to buy MD-80s. :p

But yes, AA did install the bin extensions on the DEF side (three seat starboard side) of the MD-80s as well. B)

Doesn't mention US, but general info on Boeing's backlog....

"Boeing Co. said it added four new airplane orders in the last week as its top commercial aircraft executive said it was sold out for delivery slots through at least 2010."

"Separately, Boeing Commercial Airplanes Chief Executive Scott Carson said Boeing's 767 line, with a recent order of 27 planes from UPS Inc., was sold out through 2012, as was the company's new twin-aisle jet, the 787"

Boeing adds four orders; sees U.S. airlines re-fleeting in 2007

Makes it sound as though the 737 and 777 are the only planes that could be delivered before 2011, unless some of the leasing companies have unplaced 767/787 deliveries coming before then. Of course, getting planes via leases from GE, IFLC, etc, wouldn't constitute a "large order" from Boeing.

Jim

Doesn't mention US, but general info on Boeing's backlog....

"Boeing Co. said it added four new airplane orders in the last week as its top commercial aircraft executive said it was sold out for delivery slots through at least 2010."

"Separately, Boeing Commercial Airplanes Chief Executive Scott Carson said Boeing's 767 line, with a recent order of 27 planes from UPS Inc., was sold out through 2012, as was the company's new twin-aisle jet, the 787"

Boeing adds four orders; sees U.S. airlines re-fleeting in 2007

Makes it sound as though the 737 and 777 are the only planes that could be delivered before 2010, unless some of the leasing companies have unplaced deliveries coming before then.

Jim
5 yr. wait on 767's.. Order them now, they'll get them well before the A350 ever gets out. Where are all these planes coming from to expand 2-3 new Int'l. each year. 757's can't do all of it, I don't think.

Whats so hard about getting new 737 NG's? Why can't a 300 or 400 pilot jump up to a NG? CO, WN do that all the time.

Whats so hard about getting new 737 NG's? Why can't a 300 or 400 pilot jump up to a NG? CO, WN do that all the time.
As you say, nothing other than probably a couple of days of differences training (possibly the on-line own-time "distance learning"). The problem is getting the airplanes anytime soon, not getting the pilots ready to fly them.

Jim

And then there's the disconcerting "clunk clunk" of the exit doors as the plane is taxiing and ascending before it is fully pressurized.

When I did the flight attendant exchange for a year with SABENA, we flew on A330, A340, and B747. I really liked the cabins on the Airbus, but was quite "underwhelmed" by a few other things.
First, the A340 felt a little under-powered. On take-off roll from ATL we would almost reach the interstate before we finally lifted off. Second, as we would climb out, the "pings" and "cracks" and other noises around the doors would actually result in questioning looks from paxs. Maybe I'm just used to Boeing, but I always felt better on the 747, and it was quite a bit older.