Alpa Obtains A Ta

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - October 1, 2004

This is MEC Chairman Bill Pollock with a US Airways MEC update for Friday, October 1st, with one new item.

A short while ago the Negotiating Committee concluded discussions with Management having reached a Tentative Agreement on Letter of Agreement 93, the Transformation Plan. Details of the agreement will be provided later today, Friday the 1st of October. The MEC will receive the Tentative Agreement on Friday at approximately 2:00 PM at the Special MEC meeting being held in Charlotte, NC. It is expected that the MEC will decide, by resolution, whether or not to send this Tentative Agreement out to the membership for a ratification vote. Under our current MEC policy, no agreement is effective until ratified by the membership.

The MEC meeting is being held at the Charlotte Marriott Executive Park, 5700 Westpark Drive, Charlotte, NC 28217, phone: 704-527-9650.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Thank you for listening.

I'm sure you all have your own critical questions. Mine is:

Does the TA allow the 190s and 900s to be flown at PSA & MDA?

Can one of you pilots divulge at least that little tidbit of information?

I'd appreciate it!

thanks,
jm

USA320Pilot said:
MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - October 1, 2004

This is MEC Chairman Bill Pollock with a US Airways MEC update for Friday, October 1st, with one new item.

A short while ago the Negotiating Committee concluded discussions with Management having reached a Tentative Agreement on Letter of Agreement 93, the Transformation Plan. Details of the agreement will be provided later today, Friday the 1st of October. The MEC will receive the Tentative Agreement on Friday at approximately 2:00 PM at the Special MEC meeting being held in Charlotte, NC. It is expected that the MEC will decide, by resolution, whether or not to send this Tentative Agreement out to the membership for a ratification vote. Under our current MEC policy, no agreement is effective until ratified by the membership.

The MEC meeting is being held at the Charlotte Marriott Executive Park, 5700 Westpark Drive, Charlotte, NC 28217, phone: 704-527-9650.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Thank you for listening.
[post="186447"][/post]​

Thank God!

So, how long would it take to get a vote done, assuming the MEC even allows it go out for a vote?

Could it be done by OCT 7?

Wouldn't you rather spend the time at home instead of sitting in a hotel somewhere and watching Jerry Springer? The longer the layover the more TAFB you have.

Assuming (and this a big assumption), this gets put out to membership and ratified, I would expect AFA to quickly follow suit. CWA will probably then come up with something, but it would be iffy if it gets done by the 7th. The IAM would then be the lone holdout, and an easy target for the judge to both temporarily and permanently impose new contract terms.

Bore,
Guess you're not flight crew. 16hrs. or less means you overnight on or close to the airport. Not a big deal to most pilots, but the f/a's will probably raise hell. No chance to shop at malls, etc. "Me Too" is still with us.

Just read the bullet points of the new TA. Not good and highly unlikely will pass a vote. Senior guys lose some retirement and junior guys will be furloughed with what they are asking for.

-fatburger-

it's been a sad 4 years for this once great company. the end is near.