WN to expand Denver

Are you trying to say you've never even heard of DirecTV before? I'm not trying to be snarky, just incredulous.

No, I've heard of it. Some sort of over-the-air service with a little dish, I think. Not interested, so I don't know or care more about it. I have basic cable (no pay channels) and that's plenty for me.

So, you don't watch any TV?

No, I watch some. Although I will say that I've watched FAR less since the strike took hold, especially since my favorite show ("The Office") was the FIRST show to run out of episodes 'in the can'! :angry: I just have no desire to watch TV in a plane on a little screen (I hate little screens). I'll read or gaze out upon the never-ending geographic tableau below, thank you.

spares the F/A's from having to put on some kind of irritating song and dance routine replete with those same worn-out safety jokes, á-la Southwest Airlines.

I tend to fly on WN about two or three times per year (on average), and it's easily been five years since I've heard any of the ol' "schtick" in the safety spiel. they just don't do it any more. Sometimes I miss it, but usually not.

I've only flown the 'new' Frontier once--actually it was Horizon operating as Frontier Jet Express (CRJ-900), and they were quite nice. Nothing against them at all. If I need to get to DEN again I will certainly fly them again (they now fly mainline to my home airport, with an A318!), especially since they are nonstop rather than going through ABQ or LAS on WN.
I have several fond memories of flights in the 70s and 80s on the original Frontier!

Update: Well, June was the first full month of Southwest operating all the new DEN flights that were added May 10. DEN recently released it's June 2008 Passenger Statistics.

Wow! What a difference a year makes.

June 2007 - 249,589 WN passengers
June 2008 - 478,633 WN passengers up 91.8%

Jan-Jun 2007 - 1,178,101 WN passengers
Jan-Jun 2008 - 1,929,527 passengers up 63.8%

Jan-Jun 2007 - WN market share 4.81%
Jan-Jun 2008 - WN Market share 7.55%

A few more new flights (already announced/added) will show up in DEN's July and August totals, then 20 more in November. If WN opens up it's schedule next Thursday, I wonder if we'll see even more DEN flightsfor late 2008/early 2009.

Latest posts