Crew members at AWA fly seperate... US together

We're used to flying eight *8* flight hours at the most. You're talking about going a few minutes over *14*. Now I wouldn't mind getting an extra 7 hours for going a few minutes over eight, and not much more.

I see your point - if it is a few minutes. However on the east, the "promise" made on the phone and the reality of what really happens are 2 different things. It only takes 1 or 2 turns of "helping out" to break one of that habit.
Also, when you do help out scheduling and then need a favor down the road, the answer is no.
One way street.
BTW, is that you Mary Ann Weaver??????????? :lol:

I see your point - if it is a few minutes. However on the east, the "promise" made on the phone and the reality of what really happens are 2 different things. It only takes 1 or 2 turns of "helping out" to break one of that habit.
Also, when you do help out scheduling and then need a favor down the road, the answer is no.
One way street.
Are you asking me? I'm not Mary Ann.
On the East the drop dead time is eight hours block, so going over or helping out is not an option. If it's projected to go over before we start the flight, then the crew is illegal.

One way street.
\\

you would think promises made on a recorded line would not be a problem

True, splitting from the pilots would mean possibly building better trips that are higher time and more productive. Do you honestly think that the company would NOT use it to their advantage to abuse the flight attendants and flying them to the maximum on ALL trips possible? I think it would be nice to have a high time trip but when you DON'T want a trip that flies over 8 hours a day then what? I personally don't want to be half dead to get a higher time trip.

True, splitting from the pilots would mean possibly building better trips that are higher time and more productive. Do you honestly think that the company would NOT use it to their advantage to abuse the flight attendants and flying them to the maximum on ALL trips possible? I think it would be nice to have a high time trip but when you DON'T want a trip that flies over 8 hours a day then what? I personally don't want to be half dead to get a higher time trip.
I think what most of are saying, is at least look at our options. They don't all have to be crap trips. F/a's seem so damn scared when you bring this up on a trip. You really have to laugh. At Piedmont, yea, yea, I know. They used to screw us, Differnt times people. Move on and lets look at any possibility of advancing ourselves. Time to quit riding the pilots coattails and get out of their shadow. We need to show that we are a strong and intelligent workgroup. Not candyazzes, scared of opening our minds to all options.

Well considering we are already getting screwed I don't need the company to have ANYMORE flexibility over me. Thanks but no thanks. As a reserve I can see it now. Trips with 12 hours flight time with a crack of dawn check-in and a really late arrival when the trip is over. Sound commutable? Nope. I'd rather NOT be left with the scraps being abused all over the country. I'd rather stay with our front end and know we're All gettins screwed together. :lol: I know other airlines don't stay together but I just don't see how in irregular operations it's better to be seperate. We have a lot of irregular operations on the east coast be it summer or winter. I don't know how the other carriers in the northeast do it but i'd prefer to stay together. I think it's also better for CRM and knowing your front end/back end. Some airlines don't even keep their flight attendants together either. I guess that would be great too. Huhhh uhhh. No thanks.

Well considering we are already getting screwed I don't need the company to have ANYMORE flexibility over me. Thanks but no thanks. As a reserve I can see it now. Trips with 12 hours flight time with a crack of dawn check-in and a really late arrival when the trip is over. Sound commutable? Nope. I'd rather NOT be left with the scraps being abused all over the country. I'd rather stay with our front end and know we're All gettins screwed together. :lol: I know other airlines don't stay together but I just don't see how in irregular operations it's better to be seperate. We have a lot of irregular operations on the east coast be it summer or winter. I don't know how the other carriers in the northeast do it but i'd prefer to stay together. I think it's also better for CRM and knowing your front end/back end. Some airlines don't even keep their flight attendants together either. I guess that would be great too. Huhhh uhhh. No thanks.
Great pesamistic attitude. I bet you are great with the pax. Be strong, If not, we will protect your kind. That is what us strong people are for.

Personally, I would rather spend LESS time flying, and more time off. We all scramble to pick up turns, so that we can drop our longer trips. Our seniors have 21-23 days off a month flying turns...

I like being an extra. Its kind of nice to do your own thing.

Im a fan if it means getting your time in and timing out for the month. I miss the days of being done on the 22nd and having the rest of the month off.

Great pesamistic attitude. I bet you are great with the pax. Be strong, If not, we will protect your kind. That is what us strong people are for.
Well let me see here ####, what the hell does what I said have to do with the way I treat a passenger. You have NO idea who I am or HOW I treat our customers. I don't need YOUR kind to protect me. I can protect myself thanks. I have read some of your posts as well and lets just say I'm LESS than impressed. So move along now little buddy. I NEVER attack anyone for their posts on here and I certainly don't need the attacks from little folk like Y-O-U.

I think what most of are saying, is at least look at our options. They don't all have to be crap trips. F/a's seem so damn scared when you bring this up on a trip. You really have to laugh. At Piedmont, yea, yea, I know. They used to screw us, Differnt times people. Move on and lets look at any possibility of advancing ourselves. Time to quit riding the pilots coattails and get out of their shadow. We need to show that we are a strong and intelligent workgroup. Not candyazzes, scared of opening our minds to all options.

The reason we attached to the pilots was for protection. How much does it cost to train a pilot? How much to train a F/A? This is why we have been so dispensable. Stand alone and we got more screwed than, than we are with the pilots. I'd love to believe the F/A's had the power. We are cheap real estate, period. And in business the bottom line will never change....get more for less.

Back