Crew News: October 11-12, 2011

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com

Corporate Communications has uploaded the October CLT and PHX Pilot and F/A Crew News sessions on Wings. These webcasts are very informative and every employee should view the sessions.

Click here to watch and listen to the webcast.

Corporate Communications has uploaded the October CLT and PHX Pilot and F/A Crew News sessions on Wings. These webcasts are very informative and every employee should view the sessions.

Click here to watch and listen to the webcast.

Yes, and pay special attention to the part where Kirby says that for lack of a compromise the court will decide the seniority debacle. Best case 12 to 18 months.

For those on the east still hoping the west will compromise consider that 12 to 18 months will go by fast for those of us who have spent four years at this already.

Once one side or the other gets what they don't want shoved in their faces we will finally be able to move on. That's what it will take. Not a compromise.

Kirby already knows this. The west knows this.

Reactions: 8 people
Yes, and pay special attention to the part where Kirby says that for lack of a compromise the court will decide the seniority debacle. Best case 12 to 18 months.

For those on the east still hoping the west will compromise consider that 12 to 18 months will go by fast for those of us who have spent four years at this already.

Once one side or the other gets what they don't want shoved in their faces we will finally be able to move on. That's what it will take. Not a compromise.

So does the east.

The east does not want to impose DOH, but, if the courts rule that way, what can they do? The logic is inescapable.

After that, will an east crew member even want to work with a westie?

you are a rookie, it will be longer with appeals and we on the east still have a vote... The NIC will never pass.

Reactions: 1 person
The NIC will never pass.
It already has.

You can only continue to deny contractual improvements with your vote (which USAPA doesn't trust you with).

I think you'll have an ever increasingly difficult time holding the line on this. Perhaps it will only take one vote.

Reactions: 3 people
What happens down the road to the NIC award if a merger with AMR were to go down and a union vote would go back to ALPA?

A judge and jury thinks otherwise. They may have thought it too soon, but that doesn't mean they interpret it differently.

What happens down the road to the NIC award if a merger with AMR were to go down and a union vote would go back to ALPA?
You mean like here - a merger but before the pilot groups integrated under one SLI and contract the LCC pilots voted ALPA back in? I expect ALPA would insist on the Nic - it's their baby, arrived at by their merger policy, and while maybe not legally bound to defend it any longer would probably do so. Of course, since USAPA asked for and the NMB approved single carrier status, it's unlikely the east and west would have separate MEC's and the east would still have the votes to block a contract with the Nic.

Jim

Yes, and pay special attention to the part where Kirby says that for lack of a compromise the court will decide the seniority debacle. ..

Kirby is hiding from the 9th that already left USAPA and the company to bargain the conclusion. There is no such thing as lack of compromise. There is a lack of bargaining between the two lawful bargainers, USAPA and the Company.

The 9th decided no one is qualified to insert themselves between the bargaining of USAPA and the company.

Reactions: 1 person
You mean like here - a merger but before the pilot groups integrated under one SLI and contract the LCC pilots voted ALPA back in? I expect ALPA would insist on the Nic - it's their baby, arrived at by their merger policy, and while maybe not legally bound to defend it any longer would probably do so. Of course, since USAPA asked for and the NMB approved single carrier status, it's unlikely the east and west would have separate MEC's and the east would still have the votes to block a contract with the Nic.

Jim
I think HABER an MDA have a different view but hey, you are the WIZARD OF OZ!, Have you REALLY checked on that lately?

I think HABER an MDA have a different view but hey, you are the WIZARD OF OZ!, Have you REALLY checked on that lately?
I know the relatively complete history of what happened and the gist of the current suit. As I've said before, the irony is that the one entity that treated the MDA pilots as returning from furlough to mainline all along is the one on the hook. And that isn't my version - all the way back to 2005, one of the MDA pilot's arguments that they were really recalled to mainline was that ALPA National considered them mainline. The two entities that didn't treat them that way - the MEC (including the MC) and the company - were dropped as defendants in the suit early on.

So if anyone screwed the MDA pilots, it was their fellow US pilots and the company, not ALPA National.

Now, do you have a point to make or are you just dribbling as usual...

Jim

Reactions: 3 people