PHX F/A & Pilot Crew News Sessions: August 11, 2011

I for one cant wait til this is over.. No one wins in the end...In fact thats where we will all get it...in the end!!!!!!!! The P Piper at USAPPPPPPA has led his mice down a major dead end. I think the LOA 93 decsion is forthcoming possible before the current injunction request is granted..Stay tuned! I believe we "AFA" will have something to vote on by Dec and ratification in January or Febuary.

Sorry..But I AFA and Many on the East will vote a BIG FAT NO!!! And I predict a VERY HIGH % of NO VOTES!!

Just finished watching the CLT Crew News...definatly worth your time. I thought it was a good and frank discussion from both sides. Also, no more bag fees for employees.

Driver

Such progrress. I think I agree with everything you just said, except for the last line about Doug not caring. I know I, along with a thousand horses, could never drag your deep seated feelings about Doug out of you so I won't even try. For what it's worth, I would probably support a culture change program at US. If successful it might just save the $40m cost, but that would be up to the BOD. Have you ever seen this work at such a heavily unionized and regulated environment?

Parker needs to go. He is the cultivator of this toxic environment. Look around. Does your company resemble this???

Leadership & Toxic Work Environments
Posted on July 18th, 2011 by admin in Crisis Management, Leadership, Talent Management
By Mike Myatt, Chief Strategy Officer, N2growth
I have read a tremendous amount of information over the last several months on the topic of toxic work environments. While these articles tended to stir the pot a bit, they were in my opinion mostly missing the mark. The articles should have been written on the topic of poor leadership. Toxic work environments can only exist where a lack of trust and respect are present, and this can only occur in the absence of sound leadership. Let me be as clear as I can - the phrase ”toxic work environment” is code for bad leadership, becasue a toxic culture simply cannot co-exist in the presence of great leadership. In the text that follows you’ll find the truth about toxic cultures…
A toxic work environment thrives off of everything that great leadership stands in opposition to. The fuel for toxicity is conflict not resolution, ego not humility, self-interest not service above self, gossip & innuendo not truth, social & corporate climbing not team-building, and the list could go on. Toxic cultures occur where arrogance, ignorance, ambivalence, and apathy are present, but again, not where sound leadership stands at the helm.
It’s also important to understand that a toxic culture cannot exist if toxic people are not allowed to take up residence. This is why a value based approach to recruiting is a key component when teaming-out the organization, and is especially important as you build a senior leadership group. Those team members who share the same core values will be predisposed to trusting one another at high levels. Those team members who share a commonality of core values will automatically assume “best intentions” in one another vs. assuming “worst intentions” or “motives/agendas.”
From my perspective there is no such thing as a toxic asset – toxic liabilities yes, but assets, no. Here’s the thing – leaders who allow toxic personalities to invade their culture put the health of their entire organization at risk. Toxic personalities will put a damper on morale, attempt to intimidate and/or manipulate co-workers for personal gain, and can even chase away a company’s best talent. Bottom line - toxic individuals kill productivity, and if allowed to run unchecked can have a much broader and deeper impact on an organization than one might think.
A bad attitude isn’t something good leaders take lightly. Smart leaders see themselves as protector of culture, defender of those under their charge, champion of brand, and steward of trust.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes Parker does need to go, could you imagine Gary Kelly at Southwest acting this way. This team is finished in the airline industry they do not have what it take to run an airline!!!

Reactions: 1 person
This environment at this company has been toxic for well over a decade. It has nothing to do with Parker and everything to do with certain people looking for scapegoats. Parker is just the current effigy on fire.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes Parker does need to go, could you imagine Gary Kelly at Southwest acting this way. This team is finished in the airline industry they do not have what it take to run an airline!!!
Another pilot who thinks he has sone business savvy. You east pilots can't even run you own union right. Lawsuits, budget in the red, injunction...and you criticize Parker.

Hes probably the best boss most of you east guys have ever had.

Reactions: 3 people
How do you explain record profits then? BTW, these incompetent "team Tempe" guys literally saved your sorry ass, pathetic career. You should grovel at their feet.

This environment at this company has been toxic for well over a decade. It has nothing to do with Parker and everything to do with certain people looking for scapegoats. Parker is just the current effigy on fire.

Yep, the professional victims back east will not be happy with anyone, its not their culture, neither is making a profit.

Sorry..But I AFA and Many on the East will vote a BIG FAT NO!!! And I predict a VERY HIGH % of NO VOTES!!

WOW! now that's an intelligent response. You haven't even seen the damn contract but you've decided to vote no. BRILLIANT

Another pilot who thinks he has sone business savvy. You east pilots can't even run you own union right. Lawsuits, budget in the red, injunction...and you criticize Parker.

Hes probably the best boss most of you east guys have ever had.
Wish I was still 21.