Cwa Ato Layoffs?

networking

Advanced
Sep 1, 2002
Word is that some airports will be losing agents this fall due to the new gate readers, and possible schedule changes. Anyone one know when CWA plans to get any of this information? They have been excellent so far about keeping their members informed.

networking said:
. .. Anyone one know when CWA plans to get any of this information? They have been excellent so far about keeping their members informed.
That's the understatement of the year! It seems like they try to look like they are "working hard for the employees" by creating hope of a buyout etc. I think that is all smoke and mirrors, attempting to look like they are working hard. In reality, an acceptable buy out is probably not gonna happen. Employees have been begging for specifics, but where are they?

The specifics will probably be announced to the public in a news release during September. The employees will be notified the day after. CWA will never announce anything and deny that they knew. Isn't this the normal scenario, now days?

[quote name='<' date='./'']>,Jun 14 2004, 12:58 PM] The specifics will probably be announced to the public in a news release during September. The employees will be notified the day after. . .[/quote]
Good one!! :up:

im sorry to read that there is going to be more furloughs coming for employees. my heart goes out to all o fhtem and there family. i guess this airline will never be the same again that is what it seems like to me.! good luck to all of the cwa employess.

The more layoffs, the higher the average seniority. Meanwhile the company acknowledges that even though CWA wages are below thoose of WN and B6 agents, labor costs for the agent group are still too high because of....high seniority!

I spoke a f/a non reving back to dca on sunday, and she heard that all employee pay groups were going to be offered a buyout..

WE SHALL SEE>>>.In the meantime going to 'play in the woods' starting 4thof Jul wkend every wkd\nd until second of august..

HUZZAH!

A buyout is extremely unlikely as USAirways would not have the money to offer us anything worthwhile.
Almost all the employees still on the payroll are topped out as far as the pay scale goes so why should the company offer buyouts when they can lay people off who are making the same amount of money ?

Latest posts