Cwa Buyout Proposal

To the gullible and/or naïve readers here: the following commentary is only in jest

Oh come on people, we've got to give 'em a chance, got to believe in them, pull ourselves together, for the good of the company! If we just give their plan a chance, t-h-e-n...the company could survive, and we'd have jobs, and eventually we would appreciate management's astute business savvy and have their future appreciation for our current sacrifices...and of course we will be rewarded by them down the road, for all we give up now, for the long-term survival of the corporation.

diogenes said:
If they try to stick with that proffer, they can go Cheney themselves! :angry:
You said it, my friend. I am normally as supportive of the company as anyone on this board (and am willing to "sacrifice" -- again), but a cut of this magnitude is an outrage. Even more so when front line staff constantly see waste and mismanagement. (We never will know how much the current PSA crew fiasco will cost, will we). As has been pointed out before, even if everone worked for free our CASM would only match, no be below, WN's.

I can only hope that the $13.00/hr figure is "just" a bargaining tool.

BTW, congrats on breaking the 1000 post mark!

4merresrat said:
How vulgar. Why with some does everything have to come down to a political pot shot!
I thought it was an appropriate remark. Though, when you think about it, if Bush & Cheney had succeeded in getting a Constitutional Amendment against same sex marriages then the term "Go Cheney Yourself" would obviously be illegal. A true quandary indeed :blink:

4merresrat said:
How vulgar. Why with some does everything have to come down to a political pot shot!
Yes, it is vulgar. Did you fax, call, or e-mail a reprimand to Cheney?

4merresrat said:
While I disagree with Mrs. Clinton that "..everything is political", I firmly believe the situation U employees are in is aided and abetted by the Administration.

And vulgar does not begin to describe THAT.

EyeInTheSky said:
I thought it was an appropriate remark. Though, when you think about it, if Bush & Cheney had succeeded in getting a Constitutional Amendment against same sex marriages then the term "Go Cheney Yourself" would obviously be illegal. A true quandary indeed :blink:
I guess you don't understand the Amendment. It has NOTHING to do with making the act of homosexual sex illegal. It is to preserve the institution of marriage between a male and a female.

:up: This is what happens when you sell yourself to the devil,they sold the co workers to mainline express and now its coming back to bite them, i love it

:down: :down: Talked to my union today--
BFD..the company wants only to OFFER 500.00, for age 50/1000.00age 55..THAT"S IT~~~~~~

One lump sum...

Go pound salt..I'll stay and BLEED THEM 4 MORE YEARS>>.

Amazing how CCY has $$$$$$$$ for the white collar thieves,and for the rank and file..ZIPPO.NADA>>>CRAPPOLA>>

Years ago US had the reputaion of Agony Airlines...Today it's come full circle..Useless Air..I hear it ALL THE TIME>>> :down:

Perhaps you might want to read the other thread re the buyout...Seems the company wants to offer a buyout and those that choose not to go will be put on new contract to resemble America West...top-out $13.10...what's $7.00/hr cut when you're working your "dream job", huh? Also want to discontinue retiree medical...so if you take the "buyout", better be old enough for Medicare, or young enough to find something else, should it exist....

4merresrat said:
I guess you don't understand the Amendment. It has NOTHING to do with making the act of homosexual sex illegal. It is to preserve the institution of marriage between a male and a female.
Oh I get it alright. So, they want to deny citizens the right to commit to one another? No, those arrogant imbeciles want to change the document embodying the fundamental principles upon which this country is conducted.

Latest posts

Back